z

Young Writers Society

GT Plot Discussion

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sun May 06, 2007 8:14 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Um... what's going to happen to Sirloaz?
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun May 06, 2007 8:19 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I deleted my last post. It felt awkward and it didn't work.

I think that Ria having the sword would be a very mighty coinky-dink. If it is possible to have her sword picked up by someone else, it would be much better. Maybe Alden can come across it.

I don't see how Alana would survive overhearing. Valin certainly doesn't have any qualms with killing her, and Ria probably wouldn't have much sympathy for a spy.

She'd need to have some sort of value that would make her useful to the enterprise in order to spare her life. I don't know what that would be.

Ideas?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun May 06, 2007 8:23 pm
Jennafina says...

I think that Ria having the sword would be a very mighty coinky-dink. If it is possible to have her sword picked up by someone else, it would be much better. Maybe Alden can come across it.

Lol, coinky-dink? But you're right, it would be way too unbelieveable.

Alana's really pretty. She might be able to convince people to do her favors. That's a value. I'm not sure if the group would recognize it right away, or if it would be enough. Maybe that and something else?
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sun May 06, 2007 11:59 pm
misspriss says...

I liked Fand and Jennafina's plans combined. I agree, Alana is a very dark, arresting beauty, she can definitely use that to her advantage. As I said, she doesn't mind using her wiles to get what she wants. At all. :-)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon May 07, 2007 4:50 am
Ego says...

No offense, but I don't see a way any of this would convince Valin to take Alana to kill Seraph.

It just wouldn't happen.

Alana needs to prove herself in Valin's eyes. Prove herself useful. Find a reason to travel with them. You know...a REAL reason. For now...we'll just post. Maybe something will come up.

Since no one contested my idea, I'll go ahead with it.

Furthermore...I think Finn and Alana would know each other. They work in the same place.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Mon May 07, 2007 2:16 pm
misspriss says...

Hmmm. Okay. Perhaps there is something in her history? Phooey. I don't know.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue May 08, 2007 7:38 am
Dynamo says...

I still have to think about how Zel's going to become a valuable member to the group. But in the mean time Zel is going to sleep in one of the other character's wagons, the next morning after they leave town they find him sleeping there. Maybe that'll give me some more time to think.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

Random avatar

Tue May 08, 2007 12:38 pm
misspriss says...

Um, just so you guys know, I'm going on "vacation". I'm a goin' tuh Tennessee yawl! Anyway, I will have SOME computer access, but I just thought you should know. :}

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue May 08, 2007 3:11 pm
sabradan says...

Hey guys, sorry I've been not very active. My computer is broken, so I have to log on only at school computers, which sucks, and finals are next week. So hopefully within the next week or so, I'll be back up and running. I'll try and catch up and post ASAP.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Random avatar

Tue May 08, 2007 5:34 pm
misspriss says...

Okay, so, we haven't left yet, and I had an idea.

Alright. The only one who doesn't seem to mind killing a woman is Valin, right? Well, I was thinking, wouldn't that make everyone else lose respect for him? I mean really, it's cold-blooded killing of a FEMALE. I notice no one minds killing a guy, but it's a different story with a girl, no? Anyway, and if Finn and Alana knew each other, I don't think Finn would allow Valin to just kill Alana.

Arguments?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 08, 2007 6:46 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Unless Finn doesn't like Alana. XD

I don't think that; by virtue of being a woman; Valin will just decide to take her along. Even if he doesn't kill her, he might find other ways to silence her. Paying her off is just one way.

What if Alana knows a prisoner or the layout of the prison? This provides two things:

1. A motive for helping the others (i.e. free her friend)

2. A way to do it (layout).

This is much more useful than the "You can't kill me; I'm a female!" excuse.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 pm
Fand says...

I agree. How about this?

One of Alana's friends--perhaps even a family member--is in prison. S/He however, is dead, so even though Alana gets into the gang we don't have to worry about lugging around another character. Also, Finn might have a few compunctions about letting Valin kill her, but it would mostly be worry for the whores she's taken under her wing. Alana doesn't seem to be one of them, so Finn would only have a passing concern for her since she doesn't have a vested interest.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue May 08, 2007 10:21 pm
sabradan says...

Valin's act of killing is always to better the necessities/cause that needs it immediately. I.e. if someone's being too nosey, a little bit of poison will stop snooping. If someone is trying to stop him from achieving his goal, a sword through the chest is the cure. His compatriots realize this, and I don't think they'd necessarily loose respect for him. (At least the one's who know him, like Finn) unless he kills someone close to them.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Fand, could you give Valin and Ria a little more time before having Alana come on the scene? A minute or two will be fine. I'm going to edit my post so that they finish the conversation.

I advanced the plot just a little bit, do you think you can edit your post to match and expand what's happened?

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed May 09, 2007 6:46 pm
Fand says...

Sure thing!

EDIT: Edited my entry!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz