Young Writers Society

Harbingers of Revolution DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:44 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay, so I've been doing some thinking on the powers, and decided to clarify some things where I think they're a little too broad on them. First thing I'm going to deal with is Pheromones, with it's lack of power in battle compared to the other powers. To balance this out, you can totally use your powers on animals, allowing for some interesting uses in battle.

Another one is vines. We're going to be doing some large scale fighting, so I wanted to reinforce vines power in some areas it lacks. Starting now, you will be able to create thorns from nothing. Hopefully it'll add a little buffer to your powers in combat.

The last and probably the broadest topic is the topic of flying/gliding. Every single power except pheromones will be able to glide/fly (although you could probably persuade others to help you fly with your powers). Like combat and out of combat, each power has their ups and downs to flying/gliding.

The only two powers that you can fly with are smoke and lightning.

Smoke - you can go extremely fast, but it's particularly short distances the faster you go. This power is not as stable as some of the others, and you risk plummeting to your death if you manage to run out of Smoke available.

Lightning - you risk using up the little storage you have on flight, which uses up a lot of your reserves, so be careful. This is the third most stable power.

All the other powers can glide (except pheromones, of course). This includes ice, concrete, vines, neon, and blood.

Ice - You risk falling through fast melting of your powers. However, this power is much more stable than any of the other powers, except for concrete.

Concrete - Perhaps the most stable on gliding, Concrete is easy to maneuver and won't dissipate like most of the other spells. You are extremely slow, though, so I wouldn't recommend using it for long trips. You're better with hiking.

Vines - This one is perhaps the most difficult to control on gliding, seeing as you can't be high off the ground. It is more of getting yourself from story one to story two than traveling place. It's one of the more stable forms of gliding.

Neon - This is the fastest form of gliding, and some might even consider it flying, but it's not. Your power is unstable, and it requires a lot of focus to keep yourself aloof for long periods of time.

Blood - This one is perhaps the most dangerous of the gliding abilities, because you're messing with your own blood in your body. This takes a lot of concentration, and one misstep could be fatal.

So, what do you guys think of the new features on your abilities. Yay or nay?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:33 pm
Elinor says...

Elissa Evans

Power: Ice

Physical Description:

Elissa is five feet, three inches tall, with a slender, petite frame; she is thin, but not starving, and her skin is pale, almost white. She has wavy, blonde hair, and wide brown eyes with long, dark eyelashes. She has a few freckles on her nose and a mole under her right eye. Her soft facial features that give her the allusion of innocence and naivety. She likes to dress in dark-colored tank tops and long pants, but hates to wear shoes.

Nuances:

Elissa is a very solitary person. She's beautiful and she knows it, and will use it to manipulate people into getting what she wants. She speaks in a very soft, girlish manner that gives others the impression that she much sweeter and naïve than she actually is. She has difficulty making friends and often feels lonely and isolated from the rest of the world. She has a lot of pent up rage and anger, and sees human beings as purely selfish, destructive creatures.

Personal Background:

Elissa grew up in Boston, where she had a relatively normal childhood. She grew up in a loving home, and had many friends at school, including her best friend, Izzy, who she was closest to in the world. Her grades were average, but she was still an intelligent child. When she was sixteen, she and Izzy were in her car together. Izzy was drunk and they car crashed. After the accident, things were forever different both between them and in the world around her, and it was then that she discovered her power. Not fully understanding what was going on, she ran away in search of a place where she could be useful.

These Are Dangerous Fugitives. Please Approach Them With Caution!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:37 pm
View Likes
Nutty says...

Tracy Enser

(picture coming as soon as I can defreeze my fingers and get a sketch goin')

Power: Neon

Physical Description:

Tracy is fairly petite at five foot four inches, with a slim build. Her hair is mid-length and dark. She wears baggy hoodies, long jeans and flat shoes. She often has a pair of brightly-coloured, patterned, drawn-on headphones around her neck (if not in use.)

Nuances:

Tracy is, quite simply, a kid. She's growing up and going through the awkward stages of life, in possibly one of the more awkward periods of time.

She's generally well-meaning, and is normally willing to be helpful if requested- but she's not one to offer. She can be self-centered and shortsighted at times, especially in periods of stressful introspection. She is excitable and easily swung by emotion; in a good mood, she'll sing you a song, dance in a circle, do a backflip to see you smile, and in in a bad one, she'll barely get out of bed. Regardless of what she is doing, she'll probably do it with a soundtrack.

Most people would describe her as a good kid, when it boiled down to it.

Personal Background:

A new face at highschool, Tracy was one of the Unnoticed Kids- the ones neither cool enough to be noticed nor uncool enough to be bullied. Her grades were good, but not top-of-the-class, except in the computer lab, where she shone. She is the only child to a middle-class family. Her parents relationship has become strained recently, adding to the general uneasiness of puberty, but they're still together. Her mother had to undergo fertility treatments in order to have her, and as a result she was a rather expensive child. She's been pretty spoiled as a result.

Other:Tracy is going to go insane if she can't find a place to charge her laptop and her mp3 player.

Spoiler! :
Situations:

It’s dark in Atlanta during the war, and a dog scares you by jumping in your way. How would you react? Would you let that dog live? Would you feed it or leave it be?

I guess it depends if the dog looks friendly. I like dogs, but it's dangerous to approach strays. I'd leave food for it if I had some spare, but I wouldn't approach it in case it bit.

Your friend is stuck underneath a large piece of metal, and you face a decision, either go out of your schedule to spend hours trying to help this person, or end their suffering. What would you do?
I'd go for help. I couldn't kill a friend.

There’s a small child that has been injured by your power. Do you try to help this child recover and take care of them or do you end their life, saving them from permanent scarring, both physically and emotionally?

I... Who's asking this stuff? This is messed up. I guess I'd try and look after it, they can be the sibling I never had.

And finally, the world has turned its back on you. It hates you. You’ll never belong anywhere. People call you a coward and a witch, and if they could, you would be dead or thrown in the deepest, darkest place they could find. But, there is hope in where there seems to be none. This could all be amended, yes it would be a long and grudging process, but it all starts with one decision: Are you willing to forgive humanity’s ignorance in a desperate time of your life, or will you turn your back to the fools who turned their backs to you when you needed it the most?

I want to believe the best about people, but it's so hard. I'm scared they'll do something weird to me- I'd rather just stay hidden. If I had to choose, though, I'd like to think I could be one of those working towards acceptance and forgiveness.
Last edited by Nutty on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm
Omni says...

Due to unforeseen problems, the plotting session is postponed until tomorrow at the same time.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 pm
Carina says...

Okie doke.

I'm not able to make the session tomorrow, so if anyone wants to plot with me, or if something I should know about will happen with the baddies, feel free to PM me~~~
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:52 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Neither will I. So I'll probably need a run-down of what will be decided afterwards.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 pm
Auxiira says...

Plotting session? I think I missed a step somewhere...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:37 am
Omni says...

Ugh, sorry for all the confusion guys. My mom needed all-day attention because she was sick, so I wasn't able to do much today. As for the plotting session, I will be putting up a summary on the WFP link I sent you of what I'll be trying to do and then I'll PM each and every one of you guys for special interactions in my intro post.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:38 am
Laure says...

O.o did I miss anything?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

*sneaks in*

Vine guy for the Colustrum.

*sneaks out*
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 pm
KingLucifer says...

The Colustrum
Seth Knight (@Avalon/Leader)
Valkyrie Dirix (@Auxiira)
Dr. Alina Roberts(@ShadowVyper)
Sam Lennox (@Craz)
Scott Parker(@Lumi)
Judas Wright (@ReisePiecey)
Elissa Evans (@Elinor%20Brynn)
Allison Levesque(@Carina)

The False Enforcers
Sarah Palmer(@Aquestioning/Leader)
Aura Blasé (@TimmyJake)
Maryanna Bevin (@Noelle)
Abbey Mayfield (@megsug)
Jenifer Maydez (@Wolfare1)
Carla Deacon (@Deanie)
Tracy Enser (@Nutty)
Will Kiryutoui (@Laure)
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 pm
Omni says...

Elissa is going to be in Colustrum :P talked about it to Elinor. Very busy woman she is.

Okay, I'm going to have the intro done by saturday at the latest.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:57 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Judas Wright

Power: Vine

Physical Description:

Jude is of fairly normal height, 5"11. He has a strong muscular frame, most of his strength is in his legs which allows him to run faster and further and jump higher. He has a scar going around his neck where the vines nearly strangled him to death once. He dresses in a black leather jacket and tee, fitted dark jeans, combat boots, and a beanie. Around his neck is a thin silver chain with two shirt buttons - one white and one blue - hanging from it.

Nuances:

Judas is way too cocky for his own good. He loves talking his way into a fight and hasn't lost one yet. Also, he's extremely hot headed and emotional. While he usually keeps a light and playful disposition - laughing and joking - any little thing can set him off. Sometimes it will be a comment he doesn't like, or the tone of someone's voice, or cloudy days.

Aside from his big mouth and short fuse, Jude is really loyal. His friends are his family and he does anything to ensure the safety of his kin. He likes fighting but his spars with comrades are rarely malicious. He tries not to hurt those he cares about and when he finds his anger being targeted at his mates he tries harder to reel it back in.

Basically, Jude is a big ball of pent up energy, and when he releases it, foe or otherwise, you'd be smart to stand clear. By the time you figure out if you're on his hit list or not it's usually too late.

Personal Background:

Judas was born to a family of four: mom, dad, and two twin older sisters. When he was born his father was ecstatic. As soon as Jude could walk his father was teaching him how to fight, how to stand up for himself, how to protect his family, to "be a man". Jude grew up with the mentality that showing weakness was for women and babies, and that the only thing of value in a man was how many fights he'd won.

When the city locked down Jude's parents were at a wedding in Texas and he was visiting his sisters who lived together in an apartment downtown. They didn't last very long after the lockdown, and almost immediately died. Erica went first, quickly followed by Edel not even minutes later. The two buttons hanging from Judas' neck were taken from the shirts they were wearing at the time.

Judas' first run in with his powers didn't go so well. The vines were strong willed and resistant to being controlled. There was a battle in the bedroom as Jude struggled for dominance and in no time later the room was filled floor to ceiling with vines. He actually wasn't that surprised when he felt a particularly thorny vine wrap around his neck. Even though, after nearly suffocating to death, he was able to escape and eventually came to control his abilities.

Spoiler! :
Other:He's a sucker for puns. He always laughs at a good pun. He likes to go on walks often and can be hard to find when he doesn't want to be found. The sound of singing calms him down, as well as starring into a campfire, or punching faces walls.

Situations:

It’s dark in Atlanta during the war, and a dog scares you by jumping in your way. How would you react? Would you let that dog live? Would you feed it or leave it be?

I'd kick at it until it got the hell away from me. I hate dogs. If it doesn't leave then it dies. Simple.

Your friend is stuck underneath a large piece of metal, and you face a decision, either go out of your schedule to spend hours trying to help this person, or end their suffering. What would you do?

Help them out, no sweat. No one gets left behind.

There’s a small child that has been injured by your power. Do you try to help this child recover and take care of them or do you end their life, saving them from permanent scarring, both physically and emotionally?

Bye bye, baby. Children don't belong here anyway. I'm doing them a favor.

And finally, the world has turned its back on you. It hates you. You’ll never belong anywhere. People call you a coward and a witch, and if they could, you would be dead or thrown in the deepest, darkest place they could find. But, there is hope in where there seems to be none. This could all be amended, yes it would be a long and grudging process, but it all starts with one decision: Are you willing to forgive humanity’s ignorance in a desperate time of your life, or will you turn your back to the fools who turned their backs to you when you needed it the most?

When the world screws you, you screw it back. No second chance for traitors. They can all talk to my fist.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Yes I named him after @Judas okay it's a nice name shut up

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:03 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Spent time with the gf today. So, no post yet. Tomorrow!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous