z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:13 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Okay, then I'll officially write the first post.

I'll go ahead and list my pair-ups so people can start thinking about their posts or let me know if they don't like a pair I've made, in which I can change it before my actual post:

Layla and Michael
Cole and Riley
Gwen and Oliver
Jinx and Neon
Emma and Dan
Charlotte and Ryker
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:32 pm
Europa says...

Would it be realistic if Cole rifled around in Riley's backpack?
Cause If so, It would lead to a Mother-Tiger-Like reaction when he comes out with her journal.

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 pm
Lefty says...

Hehe, yeah I could do that. I doubt he would just start going through it while she was wearing it, but if they were resting or eating lunch or something and she set it down, I could definitely see him snooping.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:59 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I'll post whenever I'm finished haha. Can't exactly say when that will be, but I have no life so... Haha
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:00 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

After Lefty finishes of course though
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:34 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Reneia wrote:Dang. If this has 41 pages already, how many will it have when you have like

10 pages on the actual storybook?

O-o

@Reneia, if this is anything like PMD, about 198 DT pages. Then again, we are already almost halfway through again, and we've only progressed three pages. Well, a lot ought to be accurate enough. :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:09 am
LordZeus says...

Great pairings @LeftyWriter ! :D Although he and Emma are usually good at talking to each other, this is gonna be awkward for Dan as he struggles with his feelings! Also, I agree on the instincts. It would be hard for Dan to fly without the basic instincts, and with nobody to teach him. Also, I think they should just be super hungry after morphing hink that'd be tor healing, not all the time, as I think that would be too much. That's just my opinion, I'm okay if we decide against that. Oh, and I like the idea that they would be stronger and better at sports. Dan, usually being beaten at everything at sports that don't include running would be astonished!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:01 pm
SkyeWalker says...

O_o that's insane @AstralHunter
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

93 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:20 pm
Lefty says...

Okay, I finally got it posted. Sorry it's a bit long. I wasn't sure how much detail to go into for the field trip. Let me know if you think something about the field trip should be different or if I went into to much detail, structuring it too much. Thanks!

293 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

It is absolutely insane, @Reneia. In fact, I think it's record-breaking too.

As for the participants of this SB, I think you may be a little overzealous. I'm not a participant, so technically, my say is not worth much, but immortality is not possible through any means other than magic. Gravity can be a solution, but then you're going into relativity and possibly quantum physics and/or quantum mechanics. Besides, then it will be an illusion of immortality, since what is time anyway?

Also, I think "shapeshifting" is an awesome enough ability. If you want to add enhanced overall physical performance, i.e. an increase in strength, speed, health, etc., to, well... Do as you like, but if anyone did that in a D&D game and I was the Dungeon Master, I'd say, "Who do you think you are? Captain Amerimorph?"
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:26 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

@LeftyWriter

That is an awesome post! :D
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:30 pm
Chaser says...

Should I do a segment where Neon and Cole find the suits? Because I didn't see that here...
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

93 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:46 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I was trying to think of why everyone ended up being different animals and how that would have been chosen, and I realized it would make the most sense if the scientist specifically chose different animal DNA for each person to see how they react. When it comes to the chair (referring to my new post), there's a couple different ways we could go with what the chair actually does:

1: The chair does everything they said, and they actually do Level 3 on the kids to make sure they're viable, strong candidates while there's actually a Level 4 that starts the DNA altering process which they start after the initial test. The scientists put a vial of the specific animal DNA in the chair as needed in the DNA altering process. It was never intended for medical facilities, but they needed a way of doing a fast, thorough test on their new super soldiers.

2. Everything they said about the chair was a lie. It doesn't take their blood or do X-rays, etc. It actually is solely for altering their DNA. It makes them go to sleep (chair administers something to make them go to sleep or alters their brainwaves to make them sleep). The scientists put a vial of the specific animal DNA in the chair as needed for the DNA altering process and it gets to work changing their genes, altering their cells, etc. The scientists can do some of their own testing while the chair does the work (blood tests, etc...)

Or perhaps something I haven't thought of. I'm certainly open to ideas. I also realized that it wouldn't make sense for them to let the kids go without some way of tracking them. So perhaps while they're under, they could inject some kind of tracker. Later, when the lab is blown up, the software tracking them could go down, rendering the tracking chips useless. Or, the kids could figure it out take out the trackers themselves in case the government is still tracking them after the explosion.

Lots of little nitpicky stuff here, but it's a bunch of stuff I hadn't really thought about until I did my post. Let me know your thoughts/ideas on everything.

@AstralHunter I agree they shouldn't be immortal. But I think that was just pointed out as a possibility. I don't think we're going to add that into the storybook. I personally only think they should be faster, stronger, etc... in human form when their emotions are high, because they would have a harder time controlling it.

@Stegosaurus Thank you!!!

@Chaser You are definitely welcome to do that. ;)

293 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Go ahead. It's your story,after all. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

93 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I was pretty much agreeing with you. I meant if we are doing anything more than just them being able to morph, that is should be limited, but I agree that them morphing should be enough (with the exception of faster healing) which was a compromise to the books where they would just automatically/instantly heal when morphing. And with faster healing, I'm not talking Wolverine fast healing, lol. I'm talking, like... if they almost die, they might be back on their feet within a four or five days instead of two weeks. At least, that's how I saw it. :)

I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser