z

Young Writers Society

City of Secrets DT

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:44 am
DSF6647 says...

Thanks for the offer shadowlight but I want to be her. Feel free to to interact with her though :D

Name: Nhara Alamea aka Queenie

Race: Human

Rank The Queen

Allegience: Asyra and her son

Appearance: Nhara is an extremely regal woman. She is tall, and always is well dressed with perfect posture. She has a kind smile, but a cold and sometimes calculating gaze that is constantly judging and measuring everything and everyone around her. Her hair is usually up with her crown, and her face freshly powdered. She has piercing blue eyes, and long brown hair. She also has a cane which she needs to use sometimes, though if people are around she won’t use it for the sake of appearance. http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Regal%2 ... 4#/d2n58ci

Personality: Nhara is old fashioned and proper. She believes in chivalry, manners, and doing the right thing. Her opinion is often black and white, so she sees something as being right or wrong and rarely in-between. She is a very opinionated woman, and is not afraid to tell people off, or to see that things get done. She loves her son, and her dearly parted husband, but she wants to make sure Hector is strong through this. She sees he has potential, but she also feels he needs to grow up and take control of the country that will be his.

Flaws: She can be a hard woman, and sometimes doesn’t show emotion in order to be strong, but it comes across as her being cold. She has been poisoned, so that is an obvious problem right now. The doctors aren’t sure what it is, if she is just dying, poisoned, sick or what.

Power/s: She is a born leader at heart. She speaks and people listen, and she knows the inns and outs of politics, how to get things done, and get what she wants. She also has a small network of people who help her out around the palace, and feed her information as needed.

History: Nhara was born in Varea, a neighboring country. She was married to Hector’s Father at the ripe age of nineteen and has been with him and only him ever since. She didn’t love the King at first, but she saw it as her duty to make it work and she did just that. Their respect for one another grew into love, and right after she was married she discovered she was pregnant. Hands down it was the happiest day of her life.

Hector was soon born, and Nhara made it her mission to raise this young child. She taught him how to be polite and chivalrous. She taught him what to wear, and how to act at important political events. She loved Hector more then anything else, and made it her life to protect him.

During the years she got pregnant two more times, but both ended in miscarriages. Those were hard times for her, but while her husband ran the country Nhara supported him in anyway she could. She helped to set up events, made appearances, welcomed dignitaries, and dined with the Lord and Ladies. She kept the castle running, and made notes of who was loyal, or who was questioning where they stood with the King.

Above all she moved closer to her faith. She would often frequent the temple to pray and talk to the Temple Maidens. She grew to know and respect them all, and still often will go there to pray and be alone with her thoughts.

The day her husband died was one of the hardest days of her life. Nhara still remembers every detail and event that happened. A couple of people had already died, and concerned for her safety and Hectors the King had increased security. He had moved his Generals into the castle along with some of their soldiers for increased protection. A few days later the King along with two guards had been found dead, their throats slit. A few days later Nhara fell deathly ill, and is steadily getting worse. The doctors said it is because of the grief, but she has her suspicions.

Up For Love? No. She has had one love and one only.

Other: She is a strong willed woman and wants to be strong for her son even though each day she gets weaker and weaker. Each day sees her worse off, and the fear is that she is dying.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:27 pm
eldEr says...

Just a quick note here- Aban would be opposed to the idea of a Regent for Hector. He is fully confident that, though young, the prince is perfectly capable of doing things on his own. If Hector states that he wished to have a Regent, Aban will stand down for obvious reasons.

(He won't try to sound forceful and authoritative- calm and thoughtful with an air of sterness.)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:34 pm
Shadowlight says...

if I don't get on to write hector before someone else writes the council scene-

Hector will want to take the throne by himself and would balk at a regent. he is more than willing to listen to those wiser than him but he would never let anyone (besides him mother at this point) co-rule the country.

Also DSF if you write the queen before I write hector, he is going to be horrified that his mother is in the council. (he is very careful of her like she is made of china or glass) I hope that is alright with you. :)

I will post tonight!
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

384 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 pm
eldEr says...

I'll wait for you to post. :P But Hector definitely has an ally in Aban on the whole Regent thing. I suppose it's Aban's way of showing Hector how much he admires, supports and has confidence in the prince. (Since it's difficult for him to express it in any other way.)

Aban would also be disturbed by the queen's beige in court, though he wouldn't show it. :P
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

18 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm
DSF6647 says...

Mwhahaha I love it all.

Shadowlight I love that Hector will treat his mother like she is made of china glass. That is perfect, and she will balk at being treated as such, but that is great.

Also Isha it is perfect that Aban will oppose it since the other General will probably be for it, and he would want to be the regent. It's always good to have a couple of sides in a conflict... :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 pm
Betheny says...

Hello! I've finally managed to remember to ost in this before I forget agian. DSF I was curious if your character Lynx could possibly save my Ulta from the market place, and a begruging alliance is formed? Or Lynx could try conning Ulta? Just some ideas, I would really appreciate Ulta being 'rescued' by any body really though since I can't think of a way out by my self, it was just an idea for DSF to help out. :) Thank you so much to whoever helps.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Aban would like to support the prince, but I'm pretty sure- unless I got it all wrong- I can manipulate him to support me, thus getting all the generals- and probably the council with them, tell me if I'm wrong though.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

384 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm
eldEr says...

You can control Aban and make him SAY that he supports a regent, but it won't actually change whether or not Aban himself agrees. It might be a pretty risky move on Tarasel's part, though. He can only hold his control over Aban for so long- probably not the entire length of the meeting- and afterwards, Aban wouldn't remember anything that had happened while Tarasel was controling him. It'd cause a lot of questioning and "I didn't say that" on Aban's part, and soon after, he would reject Hector's need for a regent again.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm
SubjectBlue says...

it wouldn't matter as long as he votes- the questions might as well be as to Aban's state of mind
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

18 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:25 pm
DSF6647 says...

I think what Isha is saying Blue is that Tarasel probably wouldn't want to use his control over Aban is such a public place where it might be obvious. If you use it in front of... well... everyone then maybe the Queen will talk to Aban later and be like, "WHY THE HELL DID YOU VOTE AGAINST MY SON!" The general would be confused, and then... *boom* he knows something is wrong.

You have a significant advantage controlling Aban, and I think Isha is just saying that subtly is one of your greatest strengths with him at the moment.

By the way Betheny I have rescued your character

384 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 pm
eldEr says...

That is precisely what I'm trying to say- but I fail at explaining things. xD Thank you, DSF.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

18 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:45 pm
View Likes
DSF6647 says...

Hahaha no problem Isha, glad to help :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 pm
Betheny says...

Many thanks, my imagination failed me
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

42 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 am
Shadowlight says...

Ignore this post!!!!

I meant it for another DT XDD

42 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:48 am
Shadowlight says...

I think I'll wait until after Blue posts as Tarasel. Hector would have waited until everyone was done before speaking himself.

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster