z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:30 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

Yeah, I want this. I'm not sure when I can make my profile, but can I reserve a Siberian Tiger character? :3

I can't believe it filled up so fast! :O
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:38 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Nightcrawler Sure, I'll put you down for that. I know! I can't believe it either!

Notice:

Although only two characters have been made thus far, all ten animal reservations have been set for future characters. On the storybook, I originally said there was ten students. So assuming each person who reserved an animal does indeed proceed to participate, the storybook is full unless I expand the "class" to twelve-fourteen students or allow people to become minor characters (family members, friends, scientists, etc...).

People can continue to post interest and reserve animals, but I'm not sure if there will be room for everyone. Crazy, right? I'm open to suggestions when it comes to this matter as well. Thanks for all the interest, guys! You're all amazing!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:48 am
HazelGrace16 says...

I sent in a character profile if you like it!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:09 am
Lefty says...

@HazelGrace16 Accepted! Welcome to the storybook, Hazel!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:37 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Thanks!! @LeftyWriter
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:41 am
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

@Leftywriter I just sent in my character profile :D
~Sun Goddess~

93 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:59 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Sunshine1113 and @Chaser 's characters have been accepted.

Really neat character, Chaser! And that kitten picture is beyond adorable. Perfect for his character.

I really like the twist that she's afraid of dogs and is vegetarian, Sunshine. That's awesome.

5/10 characters have been created! Whoo!

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:19 am
Tuesday says...

@LeftyWriter Submitted my character! :D
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

93 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:52 am
Lefty says...

@Blaspherica Accepted. ;)

59 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:22 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

Just to recap:

Claimed animals:

Spoiler! :
1. Lion (Stegosaurus) character created
2. Martial Eagle (LordZeus)
3. Panda Bear (Noelle)
4. Thomson's Gazelle (Wolfie36)
5. Timber Wolf (Sunshine1113) character created
6. Newt (Hattable)
7. Cape Fox (Leftywriter) character created
8. Baboon (Blaspherica) character created
9. Calico Kitten (Chaser) character created
10. Siberian Tiger (Nightcrawler)
11. Barn Owl (HazelGrace16) character created

Current plot ideas:

Spoiler! :
LordZeus wrote:Maybe or Perhaps we could place the story in a future where tensions between countries are at an all time high, and some scientists created the morphers to become the government's super soldiers. Another country burnt down the lab to stop its proceedings, leak the information of immoral experiments that were going on there and then they try to hunt them down to kill them. The government wants to eliminate all traces of their connection to the immoral experiments in the lab, so they leave the morphers without help. Just another idea, probably not as good as Sunshine's though.

LordZeus wrote:That's what I was saying (Lefty's post)! see my earlier plot idea. I think that the other country, since the time i recommend is shortly in the future where tensions between countries are high, would not only watch them but actively try to hunt them to stop the US from creating an army of super soldiers, while CIA tries to get them back, as in their blood is the last remnant of the experiments, and thus their only hope of making more of them. And perhaps a rebel organization is watching them, deciding whether to kill them, or try to recruit them.

Spoiler! :
Sunshine1113 wrote:So this can take place lets say somewhere in the distant future and tensions between countries are high.

So lets say the US stole this technology from Japan (they all seem pretty technologically advanced and have a thing for ppl trying to be animals irl)

They were just using the tech for the public's enjoyment/entertainment cuz they all wanted to be animals cuz its a weird trend there. Maybe they wouldnt turn into the full animal, they just wanted animal ears or something.

The US had caught wind of this tech and wanted it to create super soldiers with it. So they steal the blueprints/research before a prototype is ever built.

So they create some top secret agency to build this Morphing machine. And they do with some tweaks.

Mr. Neil is one of the scientists on this project. He uses his cover as a science teacher to use his unsuspecting students as test subjects (or even recruits?) in this project.

Lets say everything was all going to plan until a kid whips out his cell phone to take a video of what they were doing in the labs when they visited. No one catches him/her until later that day when they were reviewing some security footage and saw him/her tape everything they did.

Now the experiment was compromised. They had to get rid of the evidence. So they burned the lab to the ground and the scientists went into hiding.

Lets have 2 groups of ppl watching the kids. You have ppl from the agency trying to get the kids phone and wipe it as well as get the kids back as in their blood is the last remnant of the experiments, and their only hope of making more of them.

And the rebel organization is watching them, deciding whether to kill them, or try to recruit them.

Other stuff:

-Using thoughtspeak while in a morph

-Starting the story from the field trip

-Breaking away from the Animorph series mythology

-No aliens

I think I summed just about everything up.
~Sun Goddess~

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:31 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Nicely done, @Sunshine1113 ^^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:26 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Thoughtspeak is like... Talking to each other with your minds, right?

Aww, but I wanted a newt that could talk alouuuud. D: xP
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

93 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:58 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Sorry Hattable... Would it make you feel better if we call you Captain Hattable and let your newt wear a hat?

Spoiler! :

15 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:03 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

So can we use thoughtspeak with eachother if one of us is in animorph form and the other is still in human form?

59 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:09 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

@HazelGrace16 In the book series thoughtspeak was used like this:

Type 1) Sort of like talking to a large group of people.

Type 2) Sort of like whispering in a person's ear or like a PM. No one can hear this but the person you want.

If you are in a morph you can use thoughtspeak to anyone else in morph and they can thoughtspeak back.

If you are in morph you can also thought speak to other creatures that are not in morph (humans included) you can, but they can't thoughtspeak back.

Also things in thoughtspeak were written like this:

<this is thoughtspeak>

That's if we are going by the book for this though.
~Sun Goddess~

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)