z

Young Writers Society

High Fantasy DT

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:12 pm
methrirr123 says...

Well, I can conclude that nobody read my whole post, which is understandable due to it's length. Kollek and Jorgen, who's characters you butchered with your dialogue, left the inn very late at night at the end of my last post. I'd like it if you'd all omit having met my characters at that tavern, in favor instead of meeting them later on the road.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:22 pm
r4p17 says...

*Is confused* I think we might need a map. The geography isn't very well defined. I guess I thought that you could have reached the end of the forest and come out onto the plains. That isn't impossible is it?

I also thought that godmodding was doing something like killing someone's character, or something of that nature that is too OP
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

179 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm
r4p17 says...

@TakeThatYouFiend, mentions some plains in his post. You could go across them at some point in the next couple posts and include me in it. Sorry for the double post
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:38 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@r4p17 @TheWanderingWizard @methrirr123 we need a clearup.
r4, leave your post as it is, but bear in mind you may need to edit if anyone else (for instance a vampire or a dwarf and bullrider) joins the party.
Wandering Wizard, edit out Jorgen, and change the dwarfs name, he is now a generic drunk dwarf.
WW and I will contrive to meet r4 at a town at the northernmost point of the planes, us there hoping for provision,s, to treck northwards where the mountains are fewer (past the grassland after the planes)
Everything clear?
I'd like WW to post when he can so Meth don't have to wait for too long.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I apologize to @methrirr123 for not reading your entire post, but please understand that everything I've been doing the past six weeks has been done from my cellphone, and there is a lot of disadvantages to it. I shall rectify my mistake immediately. But I am not agreeing with @r4p17. From what I understood from your first post, Renalf was in a southernish province (I mean, the names seem southern, the raiders seem southern, AND the NPC is dark skinned. And usually dark skinned humans live in the south, NOT in the northernmost province of the humans) THIS is why I said I don't like godmodding. Please tell me if I am right or wrong @TakeThatYouFiend.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

179 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:02 pm
r4p17 says...

The dark skinned man was more of a soldier from another land. Renalf WAS coming from the south, though. He is probably in the upper middle half of the map now.

433 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:11 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

The only thing that we've established to be different from south and north is the mountains, not skin colour, names, or anything else. This is why I have said that it is in the east, where the mountains are fewer, and it would be easier to cross them. This is the north end of the plane, which stretches north-south.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Now why didn't you just say so! It still counts as godmodding when @TakeThatYouFiend posted that the Dragonet found us again, IN the FORESTS, but then just afterwards our characters are in the plains talking to Renalf. Thus, I finally understand the North-South idea, but @r4p17 must edit Dominic, Kevin and Sarris out of the end of his post, because I am going to stay with @TakeThatYouFiend's post.where we encounter the Dragonet (I still need to make a name for him)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

179 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:36 pm
r4p17 says...

Sorry. :( I wasn't really concerned with going into a pretty much nondescript soldier. He was never intended to be super important.

My post could also be a day later or something. I had intended to wait a few days before making another post for that purpose.

Finally could everybody calm down. I think we are making a big deal about a small thing. Also, like Fiend said, this has relatively loose guidelines.

433 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@TheWanderingWizard I have said what is to happen. We, as a party, will meet methrirr a day or two after the inn, in the town with the raiders. I see no problem here.

56 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:00 pm
methrirr123 says...

@TakeThatYouFiend

Kollek is not a generic drunk dwarf. He's Jorgens traveling companion. He left with Jorgen. Neither of them were in the bar at the time of your arival. They are both gone. Get them out of the posts if they aren't already.

56 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 pm
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

oh, unless you were saying that you should write in a new dwarf, in which case that'd be alright.

433 Reviews

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I mean just any old dwarf not Jorgen's companion

56 Reviews

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 am
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

Yeah, that makes sense.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 am
NicoleBri says...

Can someone add drunken Annette in their post? :) I'd like to not be a loner anymore! Haha. (:
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer