Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:39 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Good posts guys! @Hattable @Noelle
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:51 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey @LeftyWriter I just had a thought. What if Cole and Terence (refer to my or lefty's post) became friends, due to their similarities? Perhaps Terence would even hang out with Cole at Layla's house, driving her crazy? And maybe Cole would even try to help Terence land a date with her. Just a thought. What do you think?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:11 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

*donates two cents*

With regards to what Sunshine said about the constant hunger, it might actually kill two birds (that aren't named Emma or Daniel) with one stone. Healing isn't really connected to your genetic makeup, but rather your metabolism. (Unless we involve hemophilia, but none of the characters suffer from it.) The faster your metabolism, the higher the tempo at which your body's sells function, which includes aging, but more importantly, cell growth and reparation. They will have to eat more, but they will recover from injuries faster, and hey, their speed might also be increased. It won't affect them so severely that they'll die of old age at 27, though.

*blinks out of sight*
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

If we take what I said/Astral said into consideration:

So healing= metabolism.

Therefore eating more would = faster healing rate. Morphing makes your metabolism faster because of the cells rapidly dividing/growing/dying and you need to be able to sustain that by eating more.

So because of this, the kids also wouldn't age either. They will be forever this age, if not look younger, if they keep morphing. This is literally like the fountain of youth. So basically they're all kind of like the girl from that tv show Heroes who heals crazy fast and is basically immortal. So long as they can eat enough to maintain such a fast metabolism.

Also, these kids would either have amazingly clear skin because they're literally shedding their skin every time they morph or because their cells are working like a hyper 5yr old with a monster energy drink and coffee, their skin may become excessively sweaty/oily and theses kids are going to look like their faces exploded with a case of acne a dermatologist doesn't know where to start to treat. (We don't really have to worry about this, just take away the kids may be extra sweaty after morphing or something) oh, hair may grow faster too, they may need more trips to the barber. And nails may grow too, the girls may have to treat themselves to manicures more often. (Although the manicure would be destroyed after morphing probably)

Also they probably wouldn't be so hungry all the time. They would be hungriest after having to heal a wound, going into a morph, and coming out of one. I mean they would be hungrier than they ever have been as a new norm, but the more extreme hunger wouldn't kick in until doing those things.

Possibly when they do anything athletic they would now be better with speed/reflex. And they also may burn more calories and this may also make them just as hungry as say healing a wound would make them.

I'm kind of being more nitpicky so we don't have to really go into some of this stuff. Just need to take these things into consideration.
~Sun Goddess~

15 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:54 am
HazelGrace16 says...

I know everyone's most likely busy with NaNoWriMo, but who's post is it?
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:06 am
Lefty says...

Those are awesome points Sunshine and Astral. It makes a lot of sense and I definitely think we should follow what was said.

@HazelGrace16, if we're going in order, it would be TheFantasy14's turn. But, do we really need to go in the same order as long as everyone posts once per round? Unless there's something I'm missing due to being relatively new to story books, I don't think there's any reason why we have to go in the exact same order every time. As long as everyone posts once per round and doesn't post back to back, I think whoever wants to go should be able to go. Otherwise, we'll end up waiting a lot longer for people to post than is necessary.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:21 am
Hattable says...

Yeah, we don't have to go in the same order unless you'd want us to, @LeftyWriter. You don't seem to, so anyone but Noelle can go next (as she wrote the last post and that'd be posting back to back).
I won't post next because I'm too lazy to write at the moment, and it feels too soon to post again, what with my post being just before Noelle's. I also don't feel comfortable leading the SB into the field trip portion 'cause I'm not sure what I'd do, so... ;-; Good luck, whoever takes the next post! XP
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

15 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:44 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Im with @Hattable with the starting field trip post, but Im ready to start writing whenever someone makes that post!

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:59 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I will start the field trip portion if no one else would like to, but I'm good either way. Fantasy seemed eager to start off the storybook, so maybe they would like to start this part too? Or anyone else who would like to go next is obviously welcome. I'll start working on my storybook post tomorrow whether a new part has been posted or not. We shall see!

So, no. I don't think we need to stay in the same order each round of posts. Just as long as everyone posts once per round and doesn't post back to back. ;)
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:01 am
LordZeus says...

@LeftWriter please see my earlier post and tell me what up you think. Also I don't think we should incorporate all of what sun said, and take only some of it in the Sb cause I think that all of it would make it a bit too much and complicated-no offence sun.
Last edited by LordZeus on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:03 am
Lefty says...

Sorry, @LordZeus! I completely forgot to reply to that. That could be a fun area of tension between Layla and Cole and I will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:23 am
Chaser says...

Question: Neon's a calico, and a male at that. Male calicoes have a notoriously weak constitution, due to the extra X chromosome that allows them to have their colors. Wouldn't his transformation be counterproductive, and invert the above metabolic rules? Or would it increase them?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

15 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:51 am
HazelGrace16 says...

For the field trip would it be interesting to have a partner sort of system? The the teacher randomly assigns everyone partners. That way we could see how different characters interact and work together. Just a suggestion.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:53 am
Steggy says...

I like that idea, @HazelGrace16.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

15 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:55 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

And whoever posts first makes all the groups. That way there isn't any confusion when people are writing/deciding. So if you want a specific person. I suggest you post haha

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria