z

Young Writers Society

The Snow Queen DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:17 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

@onedarkhorizon ~ after a while of discussing it with myself, yes, I think that'd be good. I'm in for your idea, Verity can be immune. It'll only get Gil wanting to get her off guard, though >:3

Btw, will Snow Queen actually be recruiting the villains or..? I'd like to point out that Gil won't be much for joining any kind of team, not leaving his home for that matter - unless of course, for a price ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:17 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Hey sorry, I warned Ellie I would be out of action until later today. Anyway, my character concept originally was a superhero who has been blackmailed into villainy but wants back on the right side.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:26 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

If Stella gets her CP up later today, are we able to start some time this evening or did you want to wait until tomorrow? :)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:32 pm
RedBird says...

I think that, at some point, Dr. Arckson is going to gain control of Killian, and he might (temporarily) convert to the villain side, if that's okay.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm
StellaThomas says...

Updated for Abbie/Unstoppable A/The Valkyrie. Red- I was thinking that maybe Killian and Abbie knew each other in their civilian life? Considering her own creation story began in a lab. I was thinking maybe they were childhood friends or something, since they were both really into science. I know Abbie's a few years older than him but maybe they both went to some child genius convention together or something.

Also, with Abbie, the most important plot point is JJ McKendry. The tl;dr version of the profile is that JJ controls Abbie and that's why she's currently a villain not a hero. So I was thinking that at the start, it'd be useful if the Snow Queen/one of the other heroes either met him or alluded to meeting him and... I don't know. Offering him a big sum of money or something in exchange for letting The Valkyrie fight for them.

Later on I want Abbie to gain some confidence (she's a bit of a broken bird at the moment) and decide to head off and find the heroes to join them. This would mean probably at some point meeting one of the heroes- while they're both in super- form but not battling. The meeting would give her the confidence to some day go off find the heroes and we could see how that went.

The final plot point I currently have for Abbie (though this would be quite far on) is that once she's not fulfilling her Valkyrie duties, JJ would threaten Sammy (Sammy is JJ's little brother and Abbie's confidante/friend/love interest/only thing she cares about in the world). She would try and convince the heroes to help her save him.

She is also up for love if you want. I think her and Sammy might be endgame? (But maybe they'll both find someone their own age). I haven't kept track of who's up for love and who isn't right now.

Also would people like a character relationship spreadsheet? We can put in both POV characters and NPCs and just generally build things up?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

117 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm
crossroads says...

Ohh switching sides, I like the sound of that ^^

Not that Gil would switch. Though if he's asked, he never even really took a side, it just happened to be convenient for him to temporarily align with Snow Queen and co.
Yeah, I decided to make him slightly.. Like that ^ Also, he'll be playing around with his illusions, regardless if he'd be fooling enemies or team members. Though he'd probably stop and just tease a little after someone would tell him to stop xP

Stella, yes, character relationships spreadsheet! *overly into it*
- they/them -

61 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Stella--That would work! Maybe the two of them can meet up during or after the first battle and have a minor confrontation...
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:07 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Here you guys go, hope that 1) you can see it and 2) that it helps! Essentially, just fill in your own character's relationship with the other characters- even something as simple as "Ally" or "Enemy" or "Frenemy" for now- or obviously go into more detail :) It'll just help to get our creative juices flowing and help us work out what direction this plot is going to go!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... NQlE#gid=0

EDIT- fill in your character's row, not their column.

117 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 pm
crossroads says...

Oh, that looks cool o.o I never figured to do more in docs than, well, docs xD

Also it made me figure that I don't really have an idea of how'd Jules be related to other characters <_<

I figured he'd know of many of them, seeing he's been around for quite a while - they'd most likely know of his parents at least, and the story with them being villains and whatnot.. And I'd actually like if he had made some sorts of deals with some of them in the past. So I'd appreciate it if you'd give it a bit of thoughts, I'm fairly sure I'll be fine with everything, and he's had plenty of time to do whatever with whomever, random relatives and/or ancestors of the characters included.

Oh, and @onedarkhorizon - I think he'll eventually get to teasing and perhaps even flirting with Verity, but he won't be serious about it, just intrigued because of her being resilient occasionally xP

It wasn't my original plan to make him as arrogant-ish and mischievous as he's turning out to be in my head, but he says I should trust him with the direction of his development, so who am I to protest c:
- they/them -

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:25 pm
StellaThomas says...

Maybe Gil should be the person that JJ approaches about getting money for Abbie's actions? It just doesn't seem like Elissa would be the type to worry about that sort of thing whereas I'd say Gil and JJ could have a nice business transaction/"understanding."

117 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 pm
crossroads says...

Sounds good to me ^^

More often than not, Gil would probably just make him an illusion of money and feed on his energy, I suppose, but he does have real money to spend as well, so yes, he'd be the guy to do that kind of thing.

Also, that sort of gives me the idea of his first post. When are we starting? :3
- they/them -

61 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 pm
RedBird says...

Aria, I was wondering if we could possibly have a scene at some point where either Gil tries to feed off of Killian, or vice versa and it doesn't really work since they kind of do different versions of the same thing.
Last edited by RedBird on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Snape, AVPM

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:36 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

@AriaAdams

Heh, that's fine. I can see Verity and Gil having the same sort of relationship as Emma and Hook in OUAT. Just occasionally flirty, on Gils part. However I think Verity would be a little creeped out by him at first, her being pro all things good etc. ^^

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 pm
StellaThomas says...

@AriaAdams - that works with me!

That also means that Abbie may try and ask Gil for a favour as her confidence grows- as in, she may ask him to give JJ the illusion that Abbie is still doing her job while she actually restarts as Unstoppable A. It would of course meaning confiding in Gil that she wants to switch sides and play for the heroes. Which could be a really fun vibe to experiment with- he would be her confidant. In fact, all that would really have changed in her situation would be that her blackmail material would be in someone else's hands, and Gil could control when she was allowed to do what she wanted.

117 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:45 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

RedBird~ Yes ^^ I was wondering how that would work. I wouldn't like to make them completely immune to each other, coz then where's the fun :p So I thought, perhaps Gil could be able to create illusions for Killian, and he could be able to take over Gil and see his memories and whatnot, but neither of them would gain anything from it, they'd just feel tired afterwards..or maybe they couldn't do it for long..?

@onedarkhorizon (though no point in tagging and getting you two notifications, since you'll see that someone has posted here anyway), seeing that he is Hook from OUAT, go figure, that sort of almost makes sense on many levels xD
Creeped out is good, also >:3

Stella~ Haha, I love that, yes ^^ He'd probably present it as a favour to a friend, of course. And say nothing to Snow Queen and the rest of them, because that'd ruin his fun :mrgreen: Though if they meet in a battle later, he wouldn't hesitate to hurt her, most likely

..is he just turning out to be a villain towards the villains..? <.>
- they/them -

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia