z

Young Writers Society

The Selection DT

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:15 pm
elysian says...

@TakeYouThatFiend -

I like your post! Just one slight problem, where's the rest of it? Like mine and Traunt's, it needs to have the going away, the plane ride with the other girls, the crowd meeting, and then the make overs at the Palace.

Everyone, -please- make sure you include all these in your first post. It's very important! This is a hardcore SB so I want no less than what is above. Remember, wait for everyone to post their first post before we can move onto the next part in the SB.

TakeThatYouFiend, please revise your post! (just click edit and write the rest and notify me when you are done :)

Also - @IamTraunt PMed me she posted it and it really helped! So maybe we can do that until everyone gets the hang of things. Either PM me a pad with your post, or copy and paste your post (In a PM). This mostly goes for people who have not yet read The Selection.

Happy posting :)
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:21 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Lylas, I was thinking I could do my first post in two halves (The second being the aeroplane and make up) in case someone wanted to do some sort of character interaction on the plane or before the plane journey. So, yeah, if you want I can easily add the second half to the first post, I just thought splitting it might make it easier.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:25 am
Sunshine says...

Do you mind if I pop in? I'm pretty busy, but all posts made will be super quality, so we shouldn't have any problems.

I'll take a guard and a future Princess, if you don't mind. If you want me to pick one or the other, that's okay too. I just figured we needed another male character.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

275 Reviews

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:13 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

I don't think we are having any guards P.O.Vs on this SB so you can reserve a future princess, but you'll have to start your first post asap, I'll forward the PM about the first post.

formally lylas.

275 Reviews

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:37 pm
elysian says...

@TakeYouThatFiend I think it would be best to fit it all into one post if possible :)

formally lylas.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:44 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

The join button is not around? Am I allowed in?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

275 Reviews

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:47 pm
elysian says...

aprroved! I'll forward my PM right now too ;)

formally lylas.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:41 pm
Editor says...

"All females that are single and ages 16–20 are sent an application to fill out and return"

I was 18 until you made me 16.. :L
ï' ø вøɾε

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 pm
ElectraHeart says...

Finishing up my post, should be up soon
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

275 Reviews

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 am
View Likes
elysian says...

@LittleSister it was my decision to make everyone the same age so there was no age appeal.

and great @SuzetteTheHipster looking forward to reading it!

formally lylas.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:03 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

I'll post soon, but review day really drained me.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

275 Reviews

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:12 am
elysian says...

Its alright, just make sure you include everything!

@SuzetteTheHipster - Good post! It was just lacking length and description, can we add more of that next post? Thanks :)

@Sunshine - Great post! Something I should add for all the girls, the girls only wear like, floor length dresses, because short dresses are prom-y. Like the dress you described sounded very prom-like. The only time they will wear knee length dresses is if the Queen gives them special permission. (Like, if it was a day off or something.)

Adding on to that, the royal family is Queen Autumn, King Weston, and little Prince Harrison. (Prince Harrison is 8 years old and you will have some contact with him, contact me before you put him in your post.)

Honestly, contact me before you put any of the Royals in your post (unless you're just thinking of them, I mean physical interaction) I want to make this fair to everyone so I will act as If this is a real Selection and Jaison is trying to find his partner.

(Just a gentle reminder: @Aurora99, @thelostone, @Kelpies, and @LittleSister still need to post so we can move on to our second round of posts! No rush, but I would like to move on to the second post by Wednesday. Thanks guys ^.^)

formally lylas.

275 Reviews

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

Nice post @Kelpies! Few things: As you can see from my post: It's not a dressing room/salon, it's inside the castle. Also, you added a personal tutor, but that's not what they have in the selection. They have on adviser, Grace. But she does not come in until later. (I'll include her in my character's psot when she comes in.) Also, it's not necessarily a red carpet. (And the post ends right after they see themselves in their new dresses, they don't go back out to the crowds)

Please keep these things in mind! Mind revising your post for me? :)

@TakeThatYouFiend - Thank for revising! Way better :)

(gently reminds again: @Aurora99. @thelostone, and @LittleSister, no rush, just want to remind you to keep working on those posts! <3)

formally lylas.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:58 pm
IamTraunt says...

Yesh, just wanted to add how great the posts are! <3
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

275 Reviews

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 pm
elysian says...

Yes! I'm very happy with how all your posts are coming along!

Spoiler! :
Sorry if I'm coming off harsh, but I did warn everyone this would be a hardcore SB which means posts have to be ship-shape! I really don't mean to be rude or put anyone's posts down, I'm just making sure everything's included and stuff...

With that ^ being said, who has any questions? Specific, general, anything :) I'll do my best to answer them!

formally lylas.

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)