z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:44 am
BrumalHunter says...

An impressive post, @LordZeus, with an equally impressive word count. Here is Shade's point bank after Trial One:

~ Fourth to Complete the Trial: 190 points
~ Completion of the Trial: 50 points
~ Attainment of the Bonus Point: 25 points
~ Word Count to Points Tally: 250 points
♦ Total Points Awarded: 515 points

Shade's Netto Point Bank: 545 points

You may claim your four credits in the Storybook Badges and Challenges thread.

I need you to change the part concerning the Leonin king, for two reasons: Firstly, the King may agree to take Shade to the Key Scribe, but pledging his loyalty to the Planeswalker would technically make him a follower, and secondly, the blessing he bestows upon Shade is a way how I would imagine the buff Blessed to be acquired. Since you spent no points to buy these perks, I must ask you to remove them from your post. (You could still have the king give the trinket, though, but it must be purely decorational.)

Oh, and in response to your previous request, no, Shade may not kill Raevelle. If you want to do so, you must first buy a PvP token, and then you must wait for the two of them to be in the same sector. (The sectors are listed clockwise on the first page of the DT.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:11 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@AstralHunter the Leonin King is no longer pledged to Shade's service. shade released him, so he no longer has any obligations to Shade. as to your second point, The ritual was only solemnized with magic, meaning that other Leonin know that he is an honorary member of the clan Goldsmane. In fact I was going have a fun part later in the SB where a race that hates the Leonin or a rival Leonin clan tries to hunt him down and kill him. The trinket is merely a symbol of the bond, and purely decorational. There are no buffs that come along with it :D I hope this clears up the misunderstanding. Do I still have to change my post?

in any case thanks! I'm in third place now, which should hopefully keep me safe for a while :D @Chaser I can't wait to read your post, considering Tryk is shade's ally! Please tag me when you post. @CandyWizard you too!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@LordZeus, the Leonin are a deeply religious race, so to solemnize a ritual with magic is in all ways their means of blessing a person (also, they are very, VERY untrustworthy of other races, so the magic and therefore blessing will be very strong indeed, which means it will undoubtedly carry buffs)
I therefore concur with @AstralHunter on this one...

Also, although I say all the Champions went to different Planes, all five of them of the planes are on the same planet (it's one of the few multiplanar planets, mostly due to its four suns), which means that these races all come into contact with one another (and therefore wage wars, etc) Since only one Leonin could ever Planewalk away from Mirrodin (the name of this group of Planes), no other races except those from these five Planes have encountered the Leonin.
Now, since we won't be returning to Mirrodin again, the Leonin will therefore not be making a feature in any way in the future, including their rivals. I am sorry to rain on your plans, but although I have not and will not try and divulge all the lore of this SB (it will 1. ruin creativity, and 2. be way too confusing to try and explain in its entirety), a rival nation hunting down one man in a Plane where the nation that man is affiliated with has never been is a bit too long of a stretch.
But please, do not be dissuaded from trying to make interesting subplots... Just remember to counsel me on anything relevant to races/Planes, etc (Intercharacter subplots do not require my attention until you are unsure about anything)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:32 pm
Chaser says...

Posted for Sibylla. She gets mad at some fire-worshipers, for obvious reasons.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 am
Steggy says...

Posted for Manelau! This time the word count was over 3,000!

When I get to writing, I never want to stop >.>
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

39 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:18 am
LordZeus says...

@AstralHunter and @TheClockworkConjurer I changed the part about the ritual being solemnized with magic. It is now purely ceremonial and a gesture of respect. Is my post okay now?

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:07 pm

@Chaser, that was a rather enjoyable read! Here are the points allocated to Sibylla Rathbone.

~Fifth to complete the Trial: 180 points
~Completion of the Trial: 50 points
~Completion of the Bonus Point: 25 points
~Word count to point tally: 250 points
-Total amount awarded: 505 points

Sibylla's netto point amount: 525 points
Sibylla's Supply amount remaining: 1 unit remaining

Congratulations! Sibylla has moved to fifth place on the point board. You may also go claim your 3 SB credits in the Storybook Challenges thread.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 pm
View Likes

@Steggy, that was yet again a nice post to read. Here is Manelau ReTimm's points awarded to him.

~Sixth to complete Trial: 170 points
~Completion of the Trial: 50 points
~Completion of the Bonus Point: 25 points
~Word count to point tally: 250 points
-Total awarded after Trial 1: 495 points

Manelau's netto amount: 515 points
Manelau's Supply amount: 1 Unit (-1 size penalty)= 0 Units remaining

Congratulations! Manelau has moved up to sixth position on the scoreboard. You may also go claim your 3 SB credits in the Storybook Challenges Thread.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:09 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@TheClockworkConjurer, there was no way @LordZeus could have known about the Leonin's deep faith, so it was an honest mistake. After all, I have to portray the denizens of the Harpean Archipelago on my own, so there is no doubt I shall depict them incorrectly. As long as he acts upon my two objections, I am happy.

Also, you erroneously deducted supply units from Sibylla's and Manelau's supplies, since the First Trial is exempt from supplies. However, it just occurred to me that they had not possessed supplies in the first place. Did I miss something?

Ah, @Steggy, you beat me to it! Now I have to go change Aquanette's meeting with your minotaur. Well, I guess that's what happens when one writes 2500 words before one's character even Planeswalks...
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I was going to ask that also, Hunter. I thought that the before the Trials, they weren't allowed any sort of units. It seems a little confusing in my favor, also I don't think Manelau had said "supplies" in the first place.

Awh shucks, @AstralHunter. :P I can't wait to read the post, though!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:31 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, the Champions are certainly allowed supply units, they just don't have to use any during the first Trial.
— Paul the Apostle

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:32 pm
Steggy says...

Oh! In that case, I don't think he used his supplies (Unless I am in the wrong here...)

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:55 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Steggy, Manelau doesn't have any supplies according to your CP and both of his posts, so you'll have to buy Moderate Supplies for him during the next Trial if you want him to avoid the penalty.

On a different topic, the Ivy Gate is to the northeast of the Maze (think two o' clock), and since LordZeus mentioned that Shade "got down from the roof of the building he had been standing on and walked towards Snow Gate" (the Snow Gate being half-past-eleven), it means there is an urban area between the forest and the Ivy Gate. Sadly, that means there can't be forestry beyond the Ivy Gate (which leads into the Maze itself), unless you can explain otherwise.

@LordZeus, did you change anything in your post at all? I looked at it again and saw no diffetence.

Oh, but how rude of me. Congratulations to the five participants who have posted thus far! You are well on your way to securing your Champions' survival.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:38 am

@AstralHunter, I didn't deduce any Supplies from Sibylla. Since she didn't use her supplies in Trial 1 (which, like you said, is exempt of supply consumption), she thus has her starting supply unit remaining for Trial 2, meaning that she will reach 0 supplies by Trial 3 and should buy supplies by then.

With Manelau, he too is exempt of Trial 1 supply consumption, but due to his large size penalty, his 1 Supply unit everyone starts with (those who brought supplies will have x+1 then, depending on the size of their supplies) is deduced automatically, meaning he wil need to buy supplies to ensure he doesn't accrue a penalty.

Also, I realize that it is my fault for not explaining a bit more about the races/ places you are all going to, and will endeavor to provide more detail (but not too much to destroy creative writing) from now on. However, please still try and avoid situations which might lead to possible followers/ items/ passives gained without purchase of said item (like a creature swearing allegiance to a Champion, magical blessings, etc)
I will allow the necklace @LordZeus received from the Leonin, but please do not push your boundaries too far (trinkets are still allowed to be found/given, though)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:45 am
LordZeus says...

@AstralHunter please look at the part where the ritual was carried out by Taral. I have removed the part about the magic. As for the other point, Shade has released Taral from service in my post so Taral has no more obligations towards Shade. Shade says this just before the ritual. The ritual is now purely ceremonial and the gold Claw purely symbolic and decorational. Is my post ok now?

@TheClockworkConjurer it is an amulet not a necklace...I would prefer if you would please use that term. That's just my personal preference though. The amulet, as I have said, is purely decorational and Taral is not a follower as Shade has released him from service, and I have removed he part about magic in the ritual from my post. Is everything okay now?

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria