z

Young Writers Society

the heroes of the shadows DT

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:19 pm
Snoops says...

I really like the idea of the team splitting into unlikely groups. Are we suggesting one group ends up being captured, put back in labs and then saved a few chapter later by the other group? Or like the group that doesn't get captured ends up half being possessed by Blak? I like it all!!!! Tell me more ideas so we can really get a good plot.
"Keep calm, drink tea and hide under the bedcovers"

Previously Lau2001

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:15 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Ahem. Notification! Yings body is under the control of Blak. Yings mind is currently sharing a head with Matt. So if someone grabs Yings body, they're grabbing Blak, if they're grabbing Matt, (no one knows that Ying shares his head)
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

99 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:22 pm
Snoops says...

So...we talked about what we were going to do? Anyone have time to do it? I really don't want this storybook to end but don't have time myself to write because of exams. Anyone want to write the next chapter?

Previously Lau2001

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:52 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I just finished one, and I left it open ended. It was meant for Leon, but Fanty is still kind of MIA
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:11 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

I'll have a post up tommorow. I'll just do matts point of view, how he gets separated yada yada and you chits can fill in the blanks! :)

15 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:26 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Wouldnt it be interesting if when characters like Ying and Blak take over bodies that emotions come with that. For instance they feel things their host feels. For instance in my last post when Scar and Matt were talking, Ying would feel connected to her because Matts feelings are colliding with his. That way Blak and Kirsten could have a connection as well. Things like that.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:19 am
Europa says...

Hey, I promise I'm not dropping off the edge of humanity (Again.) I just have a new schedule and am going to be online a little later than I usually am. If you need to ask me anything, I'll usually be on between the hours of 7:00 and 8:00 (Est. time.)

In response to what @HazelGrace16 was suggesting, I like the idea of the Heroes getting split up, cause that gives Kir and Astral some time to bond negatively. Is that a thing? Can you even call Kirsten and Astral constant power struggles "Bonding"? I dunno...

but also, @Chaser Matt's getting captured before the army storms in, and Ying's still on base, right?

OH! Oh I have an idea. Ying could have been taken wherever Matt was when he was captured and I could do a bit from Blak's perspective later on when he escapes and starts going berserk. He eventually makes it to the ranch, destroys a couple of choppers, and attacks the Heroes. Que big mind battle scene!

45 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:31 am
Europa says...

Posted! YES I'M BACK, BABY! Also, sorry for any typos im' super tired right now...

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:47 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

@TheFantasy14

Ying is in Matts head. If Blak weren't inhabiting Yings body, the body would simply be in a vegative state. Ying is Matt, Matt is Ying. Blak is now an Asian kid.

45 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 pm
Europa says...

@TheForgottenKing that's what I meant. Ying as in his body. That sounds super wired.

@Chaser, I liked the idea of Blak having kind of his own personal army, and I think I have a way we can make it work without having to end this amazing SB.
(This is kinda two ideas in one so get ready)
So what I was thinking is that when they try to defeat Blak the first time, Kirsten, in order to use the spell linking the Heros together more effectively, also creates a kind of "Link" where she can travel into their minds. This would lead to hr seeing that the plan was failing and her cutting them off from Blak, and like you said, Chase, Astral forces his way back in using his mental abilities, and the Dream World Arc begins.

Now for Idea Number 2. What if at the conclusion of the arc, when Blak attacks them directly, he could also be possessing the rest of the Heroes? That could be why he came into the dream world in the first place, to try and get rid of Kirsten and Astral more effectively. Kir might not be able to fight him off and she stays possessed, but Astral would be strong enough to repel him and he "wakes up" as it were, free of Blak's influence. Kirsten could use the link she established with the Heroes to communicate with Astral through dreams or telepathy, and also attempt to free some of the others with the link by entering their minds and helping them fight off Blak. there could also be some people who were able to keep Blak from possessing them, for instance, Scarlette might be able to use her telekinetic abilities (Is that mind-slippy-thing Telekenisis? Do you have another name for it, @HazelGrace16?) and she was able to escape him. Scar, if she was able to get away unaffected, could also work with Astral to find a way to save the others with the help Kir.

Sorry this is probably super confusing. Anyway? What do you guys think?

Also, @Lau2001, what are your thoughts on Carlos and Kirsten dating? I don't want to do anything romantic with them without your blessing ;)

15 Reviews

Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:27 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Sounds good! I'm excited. Mind Manipulation maybe???? @TheFantasy14

99 Reviews

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:20 am
Snoops says...

@TheFantasy14 Yeah, sure, just a warning I am terrible at romance...so you will have to help me out when we write does scenes!

Previously Lau2001

15 Reviews

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:27 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Who's up to post?

45 Reviews

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:52 am
Europa says...

Well, I dunno. Maybe if no one wants to do another bonding post, we could move on to the govornment attacking. It could happen slowly, like they all start disappearing. (That could be how they all got separated, they were all caught at one point or another and ended up in the same place as said partner and escape. That might be another element for this plot point, that they all have to find each other again.

Also, what are the pairs gonna be like? I have a general idea.

maybe
Astal and Kirsten,
Leon and Scarlette,

but what about Carlos? Who's he getting stuck with? Kevin? Tybalt maybe?
And @Chaser would it be okay with you if Kirsten leaves you out in the cold? Maybe goes off on her own to find the others, gets into trouble, and is rescued by a very angry Astral?

99 Reviews

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:55 am
Snoops says...

I like this idea a lot. I think it would be cool if Carlos ended up alone in the labs and has a reunion with his dad?

Previously Lau2001

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble