z

Young Writers Society

Masked Resistance vs Aradian Tyranny DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:28 pm
crossroads says...

So shall be.

While on the topic.. We will describe the wedding, won't we? It would be nice to see how each of the guests think :p
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 pm
Caesar says...

LoyalHeart wrote:Yea marry the prince, then have him suddenly die of an unknown reason to widow Garnet so she can Marry on her own accord.

You read my mind my good sir. Read my mind.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Forget "Falcon without wings" We got a flying girl without wings, and she makes it look better.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 pm
Caesar says...

The King takes that one step further my friend.

Aria, Jake will ask Anair what she's been up to in the past... month or so, and ask her to pursue a certain power-draining experiment on his behalf. And maybe show her a few tricks.

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm
crossroads says...

Good, I was just writing her chapter.. Should I stop at the point they meet and let you do the talking, or will you PM me with details of what he wants her to do?
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 pm
Caesar says...

Whichever you'd prefer.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm
kayfortnight says...

What's going to happen with the resistance so far? Are we just all training and stuff like that?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm
crossroads says...

I prefer you PM me with the details :mrgreen:
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm
Caesar says...

fairynuff.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm
Redfang18 says...

Some of the Resistance are training, while Morgan's busy having a chat with Mercury.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:48 pm
Veni says...

Hello, you said you are still open, so, can I reserve a spot please. The SB is really intriguing.
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 pm
Shady says...

Okay, totally late (sorry), but here at last.

Spoiler! :
Name: Anaki Shadowflame

Appearance: Anaki is of medium build and stands 5’9” tall. She has light blond hair with many natural highlights and lowlights that’s straight and falls just below her shoulder blades, though she tends to keep it pulled back into a tight ponytail. Her skin is naturally pale, though she tends to spend long hours outside, which bronzes her skin by the fall.

Her face is lean and angular, as is the rest of her body, and rather attractive, her eyes light hazel. Anaki tends to dress in simple tunics and trousers, sometimes wearing a leather vest, often a cloak, but rarely a dress. Whatever she wears makes it easy to move and to disappear into shadows.

Skills: Anaki is a fire sorceress, and is a decent archer.

Personality: Anaki is naturally hotheaded. Being a fire sorceress, she’s set more than a few things on fire, and has had to work very hard to learn to control herself. She still gets angry often, especially when talking one of the king’s arrogant soldiers, but has learned to channel her anger, thus not setting things ablaze…often.

History: Anaki’s father was an Earth sorcerer, the destructive type. His temper was rivaled only by hers, and no one questioned which parent she got it from. Her mother was a very soft spoken woman, who earned the right to be a fire sorceress, though through what means she never told Anaki.
Anaki’s powers were discovered when she was fairly young, six years. She got angry with the neighbor boy she was playing with and they got in a brawl, which was a fairly regular occurrence, but she accidentally sent a bolt of fire at his head.

He, luckily, only got a bit of singed hair, but she set their barn on fire. Her parents immediately began disciplining her more strictly for losing her temper, attempting to correct it. As she began to control herself, her mother began giving her lessons to develop her skill.

Both her parents were active in the Resistance, and died in a raid when she was twelve; ever since she’s been training hard, hoping to be a help to the cause.

Up for love: Sure, straight

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 am
kayfortnight says...

I'm still trying to figure out how to integrate Kjolir into the storybook. :) I put a post with him in it, but he's doing a more all on his own thing in that one. Any suggestions?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 am
Veni says...

Name: Corva "Cora" Tailwind
Appearance: She has a petite slim figure. She has pale skin and dark black shoulder length curls. Her eyes are a plain brown and her lips are thin. She usually wears a tunic and leggings with a thin belt. When on duty she wears the guards uniform. She carries her bow across her back unstrung and her leather quiver of arrows. But on her belt she carries a case inside which was a small collapsable hunting bow.
Skills: Cora is a proficient archer who fails to miss a target. Her secret lies on her ability to manipulate wind. She can direct it to help her arrows to fly true. It also works in reverse so that she can influence how accurate other shots.
She carries a hunting knife made by her father on her.... Well I'll keep it a secret until later, but that's just for emergencies. She prefers not to be caught on close up combat because she is not very strong. She is fast and agile and she is good at sneaking around. She is light on her feet very quiet too.
She can also whisper to the wind. She understands what the air currents are telling her, whether a storm is coming or an army is approaching.
Personality: Cora is quiet and reserved. She has a sad atmosphere about her. Her head is often in the clouds as she listens to the wind. But when she is angered, she can fly into a rage that is much bigger than her body. She is actually potentially dangerous. She is smart and she can think under pressure.
She doesn't think it is cowardly to run from a close hand fight. Her logic is she is certain to fail and she is more use to everyone out of there alive. However she wouldn't run and leave a friend in a period of trouble.
History: Cora's father was a metal sorcerer who married her mother, an wind sorcerer. He was a master at making weapons and made the knife Cora was carrying. When the king rose to power, her father became a member of the kings guard, to protect the king. Therefore Cora grew up in the palace, living in the barracks with her mother and father. She inherited her mother's wind magic but not her father's metal. Rather than go to school her parents handled her education. Her father taught her how to shoot. She was taken to the weaponry store house when she was little and he showed her the knives around the room asking her to choose one. His faith in weaponry meant he was going to train her in her chosen weapon. However she turned around and picked up a bow instead. So it was decided. Her mother gave her a general education, teaching her to read and think on her feet. She also taught her the secret of wind magic. Instead of being taught like most other wind sorcerers that wind was a tool of the master her mother showed her that the wind was alive and taught her how to listen and speak to it. Slowly it came to trust her and treat her as a friend. She never forces the wind to do anything rather it does it willingly. As a result of never imposing her will on it, the wind, although forced by other sorcerers, if it came for a conflicting order the wind would obey her if it was possible. She never really had any friends growing up in the castle rather than the city so the wind was a substitute.
She was raised by both parents to be loyal to the king. Her father was brutally killed, when she was 13, when he was trying to protect the king.
At least that was what she was told. When she turned 15, she took after her father and joined the kings guard. Her exceptional shooting skills and her father's position , she was accepted but she kept her wind whispering a secret. Just a week or two ago, her mother took to bed ill of a mysterious aliment that no earth or water healer could cure. Her mother passed away three days later. But something she said on her deathbed caused Cora to believe her father's death was not all that out seemed and that the king was responsible. Her loyalty for king shattered and she decided that she wants to join the resistance and is looking for a way to contact them
Up for love: Yes, straight
Other: Oh, if it is of interest, her arrows all have black raven's feathers on them.
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 am
KingLucifer says...

Can we please get some people for the crown? I mean heck all the crown needs is the Masterful Louis but still I'd be nice to have some loyal servants.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics