z

Young Writers Society

The Monstrumologists DT

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm
kayfortnight says...

I put that the little sister of my character was possessed, but I didn't mention what possessed her, so feel free to make suggestions about that.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 am
RedBird says...

I'm going to ask you to change that. Monsters can't possess anything. They are all completely natural creatures.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Random avatar

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Okay, I'll do that.

Random avatar

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am
kayfortnight says...

Now she's turned to stone. Basilisks are okay, right? Oh, and I also changed the name of my main character.

61 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am
RedBird says...

Looks good :)
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

61 Reviews

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 pm
RedBird says...

So I'm thinking of making the first post be after they've been recruited by the Society. Does that work for everyone?
~Snape, AVPM

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm
Alvarin says...

Yupp, that works for me :)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

Random avatar

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Sure, sounds cool.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Yeah sure
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am
Ranger51 says...

I have a question about the use of monsters.

I was wanting to use the Fear Liath for my character's backstory, just because I really, really liked the sound of that thing. However, it has occurred to me that it is A) supposed to be all the way in Scotland and B) sometimes considered to be partially paranormal, which has been objected to previously. (Although one could argue with ultrasound and such.) So, should I change my backstory a little or would it be allowed?
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am
crossroads says...

I'm not the SB founder, but I think that should work.. Especially since, if we ever get to go fighting that, it adds a new dimension to it.. You know, hunting something that makes you be afraid of it as soon as you enter the territory? Sounds pretty challenging to me :)
If it's allowed, I'd love to have Darcy fight it (possibly accompanied with someone, to be sure it would actually end up the way we want it) xD

As for it being in Scotland, I got the impression that we can "operate" everywhere.. Or do our enemies just send monsters to a few places close to the Academy?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 am
crossroads says...

(Casually copy-pasting from another DT because I'm too lazy to write again)

*annoys*
Me again.. Are we starting soon?

By the way, I thought of informing you of a thing I tend to do, somehow.. I make an important side character (say, a random friend to my POV character) and that person, in time, becomes important enough for his story to be followed now and then when he separates from the main guy. So in that case, I might switch to his/her POV, though he/she won't have a profile posted (will be known everything about him/her from the MC's POV, though). Won't happen often. I hope that's ok, and that I made this clear enough xD

If not, Fruit knows that I did this with Althea from my SB, so he can tell you it doesn't do harm :mrgreen:
- they/them -

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 am
FermentingFruit says...

AriaAdams wrote:If not, Fruit knows that I did this with Althea from my SB, so he can tell you it doesn't do harm :mrgreen:

Well, I wouldn't say that is true, there is a war going on over Althea XD
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:07 am
crossroads says...

FermentingFruit wrote:
AriaAdams wrote:If not, Fruit knows that I did this with Althea from my SB, so he can tell you it doesn't do harm :mrgreen:

Well, I wouldn't say that is true, there is a war going on over Althea XD

Hahaha sshhhh
That's because people tend to get my hints wrong ^^
- they/them -

61 Reviews

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 am
RedBird says...

I think the Fear Liath is okay, but when you put it in a post, try to come up with a biological reason for the fear (I like the ultrasound idea, or possibly pheromones, something like that). As for it being in Scotland, no biggie. The Bloodletters could have transported a specimen from there. While I imagine we will travel eventually, I want the story to start in New York. AriaAdams, that's fine, just so long as the secondary character doesn't become too important :). I will make the first post today!
~Snape, AVPM

You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein