z

Young Writers Society

d3m0n hun73r [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:01 pm
Lumi says...

i'll just delete it from the character list. byyyye.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 pm
Shadowlight says...

Hey @Lumi

When do you think we will be starting this? Just wondering beause I will be offline Friday through Saturday so I won't be able to post if we start either of those days.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:59 pm
Lumi says...

probably sunday or monday. there are still profiles that need submitting, but after that point we'll just roll without them.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:10 pm
Lumi says...

@dragonthief1:

1. I'm not approving your profile yet because there are things that need fixing. Your character is totally and completely OP--to the degree that she may as well be Natasha Romanoff.

2. I fixed all of your formatting issues, typos, and general grammar blips.

3. Her weaknesses aren't weaknesses. It's just her being a pain in the ass to the male agents.

4. She is not the only female agent.

5. The profile, including the corrected formatting code, is in the code box below.
Code: Select all
[size=200][b][small-caps]Name Here:Grae LeAnn Newbold[/small-caps][/b][/size]

[b]Age:[/b] 23
[b]Role:[/b] Field Agent,
[b]Trope(s):[/b] "Silk hiding Steel" "Lady of War" "Damsel out of Distress" "Kick Chick"

[size=150][b][small-caps]Appearance & Habits[/small-caps][/b][/size]
Has dark red hair that would appear amber in some lighting. Wears dark eyeliner, that really sets off her storm gray eyes. Likes to sit in high places so she can watch everyone, kind of like a cat. Enjoys eating Swedish fish, so she always has a little package too sate her sweet tooth. Intensely enjoys making others uncomfortable and causing trouble with the others. But deep down she does care about them.

[size=150][b][small-caps]Personality & Behavior[/small-caps][/b][/size]
She is very open-minded. She will tell you what she thinks and how she feels, and doesnt really worry about your reaction. Always feels a need to get her point across, no matter the hurt it brings to others. She doesnt do this to make them sad or get a reaction out of them, she just does it because it's her way. Very logical and rarley lets her emotions get ahead of her. But when she does you had better watch out. Depending on her mood she will either sob hysterically or go after you with the intent to gut you. People do not like to see her this way because she inflicts pain, either emotional or physical.

[size=150][b][small-caps]Useful Skills & Weapons of Choice[/small-caps][/b][/size]
She is a master of infiltration. (She uses this to advantage to sneak up on her co-workers at base as well) As well as being excellent at sneaking around, she dabbles a little with chemicals, and is working on a demon repellant. (She enjoys science and once tried to get some of the Director's blood for an experiment. The attempt at the furthering of science as she put it failed, and the director made her clean his office for an entire month. Much to his embaressment, [and the happiness of his male co-workers] she dressed in a skimpy maids uniform and put on a very slutty display. When a secretary tried to make a move on her, she promptly broke his arm.) She is a skilled martial artist. She has a double holster on her hips, a hidden sheath in her boot, a wooden stake tied to her elbow, a knife hidden in the collar of her jacket, and when she buns up her hair, she hides little spikes in it so when someone tries to grab her by her hair they're met with a rather pointy suprise. Beside her pistols and knives, she has a whip, and a crossbow. Her necklace can also become a garrote. She also dabbles in poisons and has a small collection of poison dart frogs which annoys/frightens some people. Her blowpipe is really two silver bats she keeps tied to her wrists. For hitting or shooting. She only does this in the field of course and just carries around a couple daggers when relaxing.

[size=150][b][small-caps]Professional Weaknesses[/small-caps][/b][/size]
Seeing as she is the only woman in a very elite group she sees it as her responsibility to make sure she stands higher than the males. This causes her to rush headlong into things, and refuse help. Also, she likes to mess up things when other guys try to hook up with females at the base. She says something really awkward and chases the creeped out girl away as the man glares at her in annoyance. She just smiles and blows a kiss.

Somethign I want to add is that Grae is Bi-sexual, but she prefers girls. If you want to try something, you'll have to try really hard. :D
-Shinji Moon

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 pm
Shadowlight says...

Sunday or Monday is Awesome! Thanks love!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:11 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Is there room for a stay-at-home medic or are the spaces taken?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:26 pm
dragonthief1 says...

@Lumi
i'll fix it then :)

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:30 pm
Blackwood says...

Lol Lumi, 'Romanoff'.... Hahaahaha. Anyway, I would have been able to post if we started tomorrow but the day after that I'm going on a camp for a few days and won't be returned until sunday.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:17 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@StellaThomas

there will always be room for you. duh. as long as she, at least once, yells at Kite for not signing any forms in capital letters.
-Shinji Moon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@Lumi - I was going to make a Scottish disgraced junior doctor promiscuous bi character with a drinking (or potentially prescription drugs) problem but steady hands and a crippling crush on their superior Dr Darah whatever her last name was. Gender is still undecided. Gender ratio right now seems pretty even so I guess I have my pick...

Either way they'll shout at Kite ;)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:53 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

you are the perfect human being
-Shinji Moon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:30 pm
StellaThomas says...

aaaand submitted, lemme know what you think :)

(apologies for blurry image, it wouldn't accept my original one, poo)

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:12 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Um..... Question.

Why is Grae considered the only Female in the group? Last time I checked Demhara my character was female as well....

@Lumi @dragonthief1

Also Lumi my love- is there room for me to make another character? I'm thinking Male and possibly Demharas brother?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:10 pm
Lumi says...

it's an error @dragonthief1 is gonna take care of. i just went ahead and sent the profile through so the rest of you could brainstorm.

that said i have a fever of 106F and most of my lower body strength seems to have atrophied over night. given that i can't walk or do anything mildly brain-intensive, the first post will definitely be delayed. idk how long this will last. maybe stella can heal me

since, you know

she's my doctor.

if any of you have spitballs, feel free to throw them my way; just not on the chatbar because there's no guarantee i'm actually online.

also shady, feel free to make another character.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:50 am
Lumi says...

alright alright yay okay. i'm closing off casting call because wooo we have enough. @Rosey%20Unicorn still has her slot for a lighter dose character whenever she wants to enter (and basically the same goes for anyone who becomes a fan of the story and wants to make a cameo. whatevz. anyway, our cast is:

Characters
Field Agents
♦ Kite Collins, played by @Lumi
♦ Jenson White, played by @Blackwood
♦ Demhara Illyria, played by @Shadowlight
♦ Grae Newbold, played by @dragonthief1
♦ Hadrian Illyria, played by @Shadowlight

Field Analysts
♦ Brian Thorne, played by @Judas

Lighter Dose Characters / Home Base Bodies
♦ @Rosey%20Unicorn
♦ Tabitha Ayala, played by @Auxiira
♦ Dr. Sophie Mackenzie, played by @StellaThomas

the cast is really colorful and vibrant and i'm super excited about how well they'll drive the story. true-to-form, i'd like to dedicate one in every few episodes/chapters to a specific character, so it'll basically just be an intense PoV change from, say, Kite to Jenson, or to Brian or even one of the lighter doses.

since we'll get moving soon, some general guidelines to follow:
♦ third person
♦ past tense
♦ no backwards writing (i.e. your post begins where the post before left off with no exceptions)
♦ share your ideas with everybody bc ideas are delishus
♦ pls don't get stressed out over this. like. if something goes wrong and the ship starts sinking, i can fix it. i will fix it.

that said, i hope you like the beginning. c:
-Shinji Moon

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain