Battle School DT

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sheyren How dare you steal my Cheerleading role. I'M PROUD OF YOU.

@SacredPen That was me. Longevity is usually the bane of existence of everyone that happens to write in a verbose fashion, and thaaaat would includ me. Which is why I always insist that nobody should worry about length, because in SBs nobody usually cares as long as
a) it doesn't go OVER TEN THOUSAND WORDS AND FIVE HUNDRED PAGES IN ONE POST;
b) as long as it's interesting;
c) as long as it fits. Your. Style.

I mean look at the DT: I could've let you research the Middle Ages clothing thingy on your own or point you towards a link, but I decided to give a precise example and explain you exactly what I meant instead AND IN FACT I'M STILL CRYING FOR HAVING NO REACTION TO THAT DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME IT TOOK ME TO
That is what I call a joke. Don't mind it, I'm usually bad at those.

So yeah, what Sheyren said. As for us having a casual feel to our posts, I mean, you seem to have done pretty much the same thing with Cassie and Mr.Brighton as opposed to your adorably socially awkward character, sooo yeah! Welcome to the team, m'dear.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

40 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sheyren BUT THERE CAN ONLY BE O- Actually the universe is large enough for both of us, let's not fight for the higher ground and totally Lightsaber the other idiot.

*though I'm pretty sure I'd be a decent Darth Vader. And would've totally let the Emperor fry my son. Nihihihi.*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

40 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:33 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of attracting attention on the fact that I... have... posteeeeed ^_^

@Shota do tell me if there's something of Quez that I have missed or should correct. You've fed me a good amount of data for me to use him, but it's still my first time.

Now then! Unless people have anything else to add, which can totally be the case, I guess we just need to wait for Bossman Jimmy - I'll keep that one from time to time, it's fun to call you that <3 - to guide us to the next step :3
Nihihihihi... Can't wait for the battles to begin.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:35 pm
Shota says...

What a good day, I woke up and got to read TWO posts! Oh so happy...

@SacredPen you did do a great job. It's fun to get to see your character come to life, and don't worry about the length!

@Tortwag im gonna be honest, even if you did portray Quez in an off way it would bother me little, I have learned to fix such things in a next post most of the time. Especially because there was no edit button back when I first started doing writing things like this. THAT being said, you didn't! It was wonderful good sir, i think i may even play on the shoe population thing, what a horror for poor Quez top discover lol

@LordZeus Im gonna try to do a post with Devon if you're cool with that

@jimss23 i think we are pretty much ready for you to get things going with the tryouts, could just be me though :P

40 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:09 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Shota The shoes... dominate... ALL...

Why yes, but since the edit button has appeared to bless our writing souls into the world, I might as well ask juuuust in case. But yay! Glad to know I nailed! That'll make things easier for later :D

And no, it's not just you - we've got two new faces, they posted, introdued themselves and their characters, we just have to reach that 4th of July date Jimmy wanted, and wait patiently for the next step. I, too, think that we're essentially all set.

15 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:08 pm
Shota says...

@Tortwag yes they do dominate all, and I used them for him to have a philosophical moment about life, because... well... shoes.

@EVERYONE just wanted to make a quick note that in general Quez is not clumsy, but quite agile and graceful, he is really an acrobat. However his anathema is, shoes. Weaknesses come in all shapes and sizes people, don't judge.

@LordZeus alright so I attempted to get some dialogue going. Hopefully I did okay with Devon and at least gave you something to go off of. In your post you only had Devon reading about the Northern and Southern students, not any from the middlelands so I assumed Quez would be unknown. Also since Quez doesn't remember the name "Jace", I figured Devon would be cautious, wondering if Quez was just pretending not to know him or if he was making a joke on his expense. Hopefully that all came through, and of course he is watching all the entrances because of the recent attempt on his life and he is no slouch. Feel free to do what you will, maybe even have Quez fall and grab onto Devon to steady himself if they walk anywhere? Quez would do it innocently, and it may offend Devon's sensibility a bit, and be funny at the same time? You could even have him convince Quez to take of his shoes, I doubt he needs much convincing at the moment.

Anyways I am rambling, thank you all for posting things, I love it.

@SacredPen sorry one quick question for you. Are the Spirits visible by everyone when they leave Sacred's body, or just to him? I was curious and not sure, thanks!

40 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:05 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Shota Hmm, with Oz's imps being super obedient and all, I'm not sure any of them would've done that, but well, @Chaser can tell you if if you've got anything to correct.

And you don't need to worry about Quez's impression on us: you did made it clear in both your Character Template and your first post that he was an acrobat, soooo don't worry, that's not forgotten.
As for judging: please - Dragon Ball's Son Goku is one of the single strongest fictional characters around, yet bring a needle in front of his eyes and he runs away. He also can't fight in business suits.

Anyway, point is, we'll see how each of our characters do in battle or school tests. Which reminds me:
@jimss23 So, is the school test happening today, or tomorrow? I assume it's in the same day, but there seem to be some confusion about that.

15 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 pm
Shota says...

HahHah oh Goku, love him

And I was thinking Oz sent the imp to get Loiden, so he was obeying an order, but I can change as needed if you want me to @Chaser

40 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

He's fun, yes, but in this case, just an accurate example :3

Right! 'Tis fine, and I don't mind. My post count for the social gathering's basically over though, so now I'll just... plan out whatever the heck's coming our way for the test, lol.
Good luck to all of us for that, by the by.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:24 am
View Likes
SacredPen says...

@Shota

The original idea was that only Sacred and other wielders of Talcid Radiances could see them.

(But Talcid Radiances only exist in my canon, so...)

Only powerful summoning magicians and people who work with spirits can see them, but they can influence the world around them freely if Sacred "Channels" them, which he can barely do currently.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 am
View Likes
jimss23 says...

Alright, so a little personal here but for y'all that don't know, I have epilepsy. Coming home yesterday I had a sezuire on the plane. Took me out for a bit. I'm fine and everything but since I had planned on writing out the plan on the way back, I'm going to be a little late. I will try to have it out by the end of today, but if not I will have it done by no later than tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay,

Jimmy
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:01 am
SacredPen says...

@jimss23

Sorry to hear that! I hope you're okay! I'll be looking out for the plan, whatever it is, and I hope you feel better!
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

176 Reviews

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 am
sheysse says...

@jimss23 A delay is okay, especially if your reason is that! Glad to know you're fine!

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke