z

Young Writers Society

What the Emperor Doesn't Know DT

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:12 pm
eldEr says...

I haven't, Scar. We may just have to cease control of his characters until we do, or we're not going to get anywhere. xD

If Maura isn't back in the tunnels, Leinad will worry relentlessly. Would it make sense for him to find her on his way back from the slave markets? They can exchange notes on how terrified they are that Rein wasn't there.

Also, Scar, how bad will Asha have it if she shows up today?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I think princey would be a leeeetle distracted by his new purchases?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:48 pm
View Likes
Destiny110 says...

I'm okay with the time skip, Dante still can't handle his dad, school has given me major writers block on this, and major material for my AOTH novel, so exsqueeze the inactivity on my part. *whispers* No Dante....Because I said-...Yes I know but-....FINE!! Ishizzle, tell Asha Dante says hi *turns to Dante* She can't see you stop waving you idiot!
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

384 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Asha returns the hello.

*pats Dante* Cool your jets, boy.

And this won't work well with Asha's plan to distract the prince while Kalle gets Rein back into the tunnels. Sorry, Asha, you'll have to come up with something better.

She's going to have a breakdown when she sees Rein. O.o it'll be interesting.

And Papa Lein gets to recruit a few "slaves" and buy a new member soon. ;)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

You guys seriously have no idea how hard it is to write for Lyra. oo''. She won't even let me write her for her own writing project, she just sits in her corner and prods dead things.
~~~~~
Name: Elias
Gender Boy
For or Against: For -- but he doesn’t know of it yet.
Rank/Title/Occupation Slave

Appearance: Elias is nothing impressive, truly. He has saggy black hair that hangs around his chin, pale--but not too pale--skin and boring grey eyes. He’s not very tall for his age, and he sort of looks like a stick. There’s nothing to his build-- no muscle, but it’s understandable seeing that he’s only twelve.

Personality: Much like most brothers and sisters there are times Elias finds his sister nearly unbearable and extremely annoying. All he wants is the best for her and he can’t understand how she can submit so easily. Nonetheless he sticks by her side and protects her.

When it comes to other people he isn’t quick to trust. It’s not hard to gain his trust-- he just knows he needs to be wary. Elias is an energetic little bugger. He loves to have room to run around and play. He’s also fond of climbing.

Flaws/Weaknesses Seeing his sister hurt/crying, having her taken away from him, not fond of small spaces, easily manipulated, can’t swim and is horrified of bugs.

History: Elias and Eloise’s mother was a slave, as was her mother and probably her mother before that as well. When Elias and Eloise were born she knew they were doomed to be slaves. She tried to save them once or twice by running away. This just landed her in trouble. Eventually her master’s wife was sick of her behavior and convinced her husband to sell her.

Of course, they had to keep the children. They were raised to be perfectly obedient slaves who obeyed and still feared their masters. Their masters were only able to produce one heir before his wife began getting ill. A few months after the boy’s sixteenth birthday she died.

Elias never-- ever liked his master’s son. He was a careless boy who just expected things to be done for him. When he learned his sister was set to be married to that boy he was furious. Since then he’s been plotting their escaped and he’s been punished many times for attempts at freedom.

Up For Love: Puppy love? His heart belongs to his sister. In a totally non-gross way.

Other: Elias almost never leaves his sister’s side. Where you’ll find Eloise, you’ll find Elias nearby. He always refers to Eliose as ‘sister’.

~~

Name: Eloise
Gender Girl
For or Against: She’ll be for it, once she knows about it.
Rank/Title/Occupation Slave

Appearance: Even though her brother and she are fraternal twins they share a lot of similarities in appearance. Much like her brother she has dark chin length hair and grey eyes. Unlike him, Eloise has began to form her ‘womanly’ shape. He does not approve of her growing up so quickly but hey, you can’t stop nature.

Spoiler! :
This is kindasorta how I picture the twins. Just with different clothes. And no eye patches. Image

Personality: Eloise is never--ever-- mad at her brother. She hangs off him like a lost puppy and does her best to make him happy. She admires him greatly and thinks of him with the highest amount of respect.

Her respect isn’t given out easily, either. She’ll give you the cold shoulder if she doesn’t like you-- and if you insist on bothering her when she’s made it clear she doesn’t like you she’ll tell you to back off. Of course she’d never say something like that to a lord or lady. She behaves around them and makes faces behind their backs.

Like her brother she’s energetic and loves to run freely. She’s not nearly as talented at climbing things. She insists on doing things on her own, though. Elias offers to help her but she always tells him to leave her do it herself.

Eloise doesn’t like being left alone. Before long she begins to panic, and then she’ll begin to cry. She has extremely bad abandonment issues-- she’s horrified of being forgotten. So, if anything were to happen to Elias she’d automatically break down and start hanging off someone else. Possibly to the point they wouldn’t be allowed to let her go.

Flaws/Weaknesses Afraid of sleeping, afraid of being alone, extremely attached to her brother, has abandonment issues, isn’t a talented climber.

History: Being Elias’ twin, they had the same mother. (No brainer, huh?) She knows of their family’s history and she resents it. Her memories of her mother, though, have faded over time. She can hardly remember what momma looked like anymore. It also told her that they could do that to her brother anytime they wanted. They could easily tear apart her family.

Eloise listened and did as they asked. She covered up anything Elias did before they could see-- not that he messed up often. Eloise cried when she found out her mistress was dead. She wasn’t particularly fond of her, but she was a kind enough woman. When she found out she was meant to marry her master’s son she blamed it on her mistress’s death. She still doesn’t know how the two are actually related events.

Nowadays she just does as she’s told.

Up For Love: Ha-no. Maybe puppy love? But she’s twelve, and her brother will likely cut your face off if you try anything. Not really, he’s not that violent but still.

Other: Eloise likes to hug things, tightly. She also has horrible nightmares if she sleeps alone. She also refers to Elias as ‘brother’.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:55 am
Destiny110 says...

School is kicking my butt, so it might be a while before I post, But Me and Ishizzle are working on a new post, Asha's POV is already posted, and Dante's will be up as soon as I find time, but for now, my pile of homework for tomorrow awaits
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

384 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:58 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Lein-post is being hard to work out.

He's goin to fine Kestral first, I know this much. And then I THINK he'll find Xanthus after that?

Then he has to come across Blake and the twins-- which will probably be AFTER he sees Lyra's dead body being loaded onto a cart.

Gawsh. This man's going to go home, make Blake and the Twins comfortable and lock himself in his room and bawl. x.x
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:02 am
Lauren2010 says...

Isha wrote:If Maura isn't back in the tunnels, Leinad will worry relentlessly. Would it make sense for him to find her on his way back from the slave markets? They can exchange notes on how terrified they are that Rein wasn't there.

YES. Please do something with her. She's not cooperating with me at the moment.

EDIT
Or. Wait. Let me work on something. She'll see Leinad, but she's going to follow him around for a little while first. *pulls inspiration arrow from forehead*
Got YWS?

384 Reviews

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:06 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

Beautiful. xD I'll let you post before I write this Lein-post, then.

*is so not procrastinating because she fears that the emotion-level in her next post will be +++high*
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:25 am
Sins says...

The only one who's somewhat cooperating with me is Xanthus, and all he seems to want to do is get beaten up... or maybe that's just me... I do like violence.

I might see if I can write up a post now considering I actually have some free time. Just don't expect anything amazing. x3
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:40 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

An idea for one of those "just when you think things can't get worse" moments.

Remember how we implied that Princey is ZOMG EVIL >:D as opposed to his dad, who is omgevil D:?

When Maura is in the palace during the Rein rescue arc, methinks she should discover the Emperor standing on a high balcony. >.>

And push.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 am
ScarlettFire says...

Ohmygod, Lumi. That is evil. Would this mean Emperor dies and Princey becomes Emperor? :O

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 am
Lumi says...

Yes! Which is a Bad Thing.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:50 am
ScarlettFire says...

Yes! Definitely a Bad Thing.

384 Reviews

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:13 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Lumi I love you.

PLOT TWIST NUMBER.... what're we at now?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook