z

Young Writers Society

The Challenge DT

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 am
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Well i need someone to post something on the boat then the race will start. The winners will be brigid's team closely followed by the other two. Keep posting to keep the story alive!
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:36 am
View Likes
KRose says...

I think we should win because of our "onward" attitude. We might not be as "strong" as the other teams, but I really think that since all of us are quite smart, and able, we would be able to win... Considering that we are against REALLY strong opponents, it isn't fair. We have one young girl, a sick guy, and a boy-girl... How in the world is that fair to us? I mean, you put all of the strong ones together! Andy is really strong, Rylet and Bridget are BOTH healthy at least. I think this is very unfair!!!
When you really want to slap someone,do it and say "Mosquito!"

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:58 am
View Likes
Cailey says...

I think it's ok for this one, but yeah, the teams are a little uneven, so the next contest should either be less about strength or with switched up teams.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

5 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 am
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Hey everybody! I'm just posting this with the final contents of the backpacks just to make sure we have the same stuff at the beginning and end (unless you eat it lol), Of course anything you acquire on the island you can add. But that you can keep track of on your own.

Rylet Carney
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack?: She's packing two sets of clothes, a normal sized bag of trail mix, a half-liter sized reusable water bottle, a small handheld medical kit in case of emergencies, a rain slicker, and a pocket knife. She also has a cell phone tucked away in her back pocket for emergencies only, which will normally be kept off.

Zohan
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack?
i'm going to start by packing a digital camera. yes i know its a challenge but i still want to capture the moments.i would come with a huge water bottle and night vision goggles.i woula like a dagger for cutting things(not attacking people) and i'll come with a flute incase of snakes and because i need it.i'll need a set of boy clothings and also bandages.i can bring my ointment incase i have an allergic attack, and my small first aid kit. i wouid also come with a lighter. and a long highly folded thin blanket.

Lydia Donnely
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack?: She'll be carrying:
• A water bottle
• Her Swiss army knife (in her pockets)
• Cartridges for her automatic. (I mean, she's carrying a gun.)
• A raincoat with a fleece lining which doubles as a jacket
• A medi-kit (She'll need it, due to her clumsy nature)
• A length of rope (350 meters long) with a grappling hook attached
• A cookbook. Just in case.

Brigid Szpirglas

Spoiler! :
Brigid is packing an elastic water pouch, a vial of iodine for purifying water, a small bag of Wheat Thins, a switch blade, a ball of twine, a golfer's rain suit (jacket and pants, warm, waterproof, folds up to the size of a hardcover novel), an Ace bandage, some flint for starting fires, a bottle of peroxide, a hat, a pair of binoculars, and her invention (a personal hang glider, taken apart, will have to be assembled when needed).

Noah Wyatt
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack? (this is a normal sized pack. Don’t pack things that are too big. Make sure to pack only what you think you’ll need. Weapons are allowed as long as they aren’t used to hurt another player): Well, the basic essentials I guess. A bottle of water with a purifier. A hunting knife, you never know when that will come in handy. A flashlight, some duct tape. A couple extra changes of clothes. Definitely my coat, fit for rain, snow, warm, or cold. Little bags of food like goldfish and crackers, and fiber one bars.

Warren Mueller
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack? A pocket knife, an extra change of clothes folded neatly to minimize space needed, granola bars, matches, binoculars, rope, gloves, night-vision goggles, bear repellent (basically pepper spray), a small bottle of bug spray a little book that lists edible plants and what they look like, a water bottle and purifier, and duct tape. (He'll be wearing a coat.)

Mario Sorenson
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack?:
Oh, I don't know. I haven't packed yet, I'm just going to through some last minute items in. A knife, I guess, knifes are always good. Oh, and rope, you never know when you'll need rope. What else? A photo of my sister, some gum, I love gum, maybe a first aid kit, some other odds and ends that I find lying around. By odds and ends I mean food, an extra pair of socks, a slinky, nail clippers, tissues, a tennis ball, a little notebook and a pencil.

Andrew Stone
Spoiler! :
What are you packing in your backpack?: This is what I'm taking:
A small tool kit
An extra set of clothes (including a rain slicker and warm jacket)
A dagger and sheath
A flashlight
A notebook and pen
A lighter
And thee bags of my special trail mix (crushed potato chips, pretzels, M&Ms, bacon bits, and anything else I could find all crushed into a fine powder. I usually mix it with water and drink it.

Rosette Melar
Spoiler! :
These are the things I am taking:
Thin, yet warm, clothes (1 shirt, 1 coat, 1thin sweater, 1 pair of pants) that folds up into a very small size
A Swiss army knife
A home-made mixture to purify water
A water bottle bag that can hold up to a liter of water (she has a bit of water in there)
A small flashlight
A long piece of material (to use as a bandage if needed)
A few mismatch first aid stuff (like disinfectant)
Bug spray
A pack of dried fruit (which I went to another far-away town to buy)
A pack of dried veggies
A long rope
10 Jumbo large Zip lock bags
5 small zip locks
flint
Small sized plastic bowl
a loaf of hard bread
a few nuts, and a few seeds
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 am
View Likes
zohali93 says...

KRose wrote:I think we should win because of our "onward" attitude. We might not be as "strong" as the other teams, but I really think that since all of us are quite smart, and able, we would be able to win... Considering that we are against REALLY strong opponents, it isn't fair. We have one young girl, a sick guy, and a boy-girl... How in the world is that fair to us? I mean, you put all of the strong ones together! Andy is really strong, Rylet and Bridget are BOTH healthy at least. I think this is very unfair!!!

Boy-girl?! She's in disguise. It's not like she linear cross dressing or something. :)
I thought that our team seeming week wasn't a bad thing. Opponents will overlook us and won't see us as competitors. That's a good thing.they won't bother setting traps and stuff for us. And we are smart brainy charecters. So that should be our advantage
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

5 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Yeah I'm really sorry about that. When I created the teams I only looked at ages. I picked the three oldest and placed them as captains. Then I picked the three youngest and put them in the middle seat then I took the three left over and stuck them in the back. Next time I'll change around the teams.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:24 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Can I ask everyone a favour? Could you all please write with complete capitalization and punctuation? I don't mind sentence fragments but I would really appreciate if you could write it so it's understandable. Also please write more than five lines per post. Thanks!
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

53 Reviews

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 pm
View Likes
zohali93 says...

Ok.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:23 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

Woot, woot! Go smart, brainy characters! The week will win!
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

53 Reviews

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:36 pm
View Likes
zohali93 says...

nobody knows shes a girl, i wanted my team mates to find out later. so it would be really funny and challenging for her to be put in a tent full of boys. Thats perfect! lol.
i want her to be more freaked out. (im not a sadist lol) :D

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 am
View Likes
KRose says...

Haha. Uhm, Lydia! PLEASE reply!! You're my "sleep-mate"! Oh, and Katherine, can you answer me??
When you really want to slap someone,do it and say "Mosquito!"

413 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Haja, you got put with Lydia? She hasn't written anything. :) I tried, maybe double pressure will work. Go to Syca's wall and beg her to post!!

5 Reviews

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:16 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Ok zohali, I didn't see your post before but I'll be sure to do that next time ok? Also everyone make sure you post! I'm hoping to get Upz to post before I give the last minute announcement.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

413 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:34 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Hey, so what's the next obstacle? I think Noah, Teal or Mario should find it first, considering everyone else has stopped and is talking and stuff.

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:05 am
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Hm I'm thinking that the thunder storm will in itself be an obstacle. But I have the next actual challenge in mind. I'll make sure one of you three come across it first. It will be really cool!
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt