z

Young Writers Society

City of Secrets DT

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:15 am
SubjectBlue says...

I expected more henchmen- nevermind. so who's personally accompanying me :)
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:18 am
ScarlettFire says...

Probably, right now, Climalsi. Amar/Soren and Nasira are in the Market.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:10 am
eldEr says...

In a way, Aban is unintentionally on your side. Somebody has tapped into his mind and-- well, it's in his profile under FLAWS. Of course, Aban would be mortified if he ever found out about this.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I almost forgot about that. x.x

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:23 pm
Shadowlight says...

I forgot to mention this in my Profile- Hector looks like his mother and not his father. maybe Kiera looks like the king?
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:31 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Is Freya already inside the temple?
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 pm
SisterItaly says...

Ja
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 pm
Wolferion says...

Yousu! =) I'd really like to participate in this SB, so here goes the profile -- the rest is up to decision.

Name: William Jacknight

Race: Human

Rank Foreigner

Allegience: Self

Appearance: Image
Exactly like in the picture, except his hair is dirty blond and his eyes are green.

Personality: His complex and often changing behavior to his will confuses many. Used to be deemed as anti-social, he doesn't want to believe anybody, but can be often found hanging around people. When he does though, he often ends up a listener, memorizing everything useful and being careful. He has a strong sense for own justice and prefers to knock out anybody possessing a threat - however, he won't hesitate to kill if his life is on the line and he doesn't have a stealth advantage. Kind at heart the society around him takes him with a smile and with a let down guard, unaware of his always searching eyes and information gathering ears - his aura just leaves a good impression. He longs for true friendship and better life, but with bad previous experiences he patiently waits to come across matching person, carefully gathering information on everybody he doesn't yet know and deems worthy. He has trouble stopping himself from helping out anybody he knows isn't bad, making him wonder if it might end up killing him one day.

Flaws: His at first sight very flexible body leaves him vulnerable at times - his left knee joint has bad times sometimes. He has bad control of his strength once under pressure of adrenaline.

Power/s: He has rather keen eyes and reflexes to avoid anything moving towards him - be it a projectile or magic. From nature he's got dense bones and muscles - he has more strength than his appearance suggests.

History: Raised on travels by himself he's never truly known his family and always took care of himself. Restlessly wandering through the world he's seen and experienced a lot of adventures, hardening his stealth and survival skills. At times he had to steal; using his kind appearance he's done more than just steal apples. Always keen to get more knowledge he's lost the count of books he read - especially psychology. He's wandered into the Alamea kingdom just recently and has already caught a wind of rumours, that have grasped his attention - his adventurous blood glues him to the case. Scouting from the shadows and crowds he begins his investigation.

Up For Love? He is, but he is careful about trusting anybody - he's practicaly a hard nut to crack. Even if he feels attached to somebody by chemistry, his mind is way more powerful than his heart.
~Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you'll never get anything~
-Formerly Shinda

66 Reviews

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 pm
SisterItaly says...

I PMed DSF6647 already. Also, UKE! 8D
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 pm
Shadowlight says...

Hi everyone!

I'm without power at my house so I will not be able to post very much in the coming week.

So in the event of this being my last time online I would like to say a few things..

WELCOME to our new partners in crime! (can't wait to read your stuff!) XD

Also I apologize how Hector being absent for a while might effect the story. if it helps we can just pretend he left and went back to the palace to bed! XD\

have fun!

~Shadow~
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 am
DSF6647 says...

Hope this is okay, and sorry about not posting here first. And if I need to change anything just let me know :D

Name: Lynx Veirn

Race: He's not even sure, but he thinks he is a half-breed, part elf/human

Rank Foreigner

Allegiance: Only himself at the moment

Appearance: He is tall, with a confident step and swagger. His sandy blonde hair falls down to his soldiers, and he has high cheek bones and a prominent face. A small tattoo is etched onto his left cheek, a mark of slavery from when he was younger. Other then that he has lovely features, and is proud to flaunt them. http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Elf%20c ... =0#/dgxd7c

Personality: Lynx seems open and friendly when you talk to him. He is willing to smile and laugh, but he is actually a very closed off person. He doesn't let anyone get close to him emotionally, but he will pretend like he cares about you. His first love is money, and his second is being able to spend that. He will flatter and talk to whoever can help him reach those goals, and he isn't ashamed to use people to get what he wants. If he smells a profit then he is in. A con artist by nature, he is full of smooth words and promises, before he disappears with everything you have.

Flaws: Greed is the first one, and the second is that he can't seem to keep any of the money he makes. He is frequently at gambling houses, taverns, and brothels, and blows through more gold then most people see in their lives. He has a weakness for slaves, and hates those who employ it. You want to sell your body or service, he is fine with that.

Power/s: He is a natural con artist and smooth talker. He can get in anywhere with a smile, and can charm you whether you be male or female. He will use his wit, body, and whatever you want to get whatever he wants. He is a natural and pretending to be what he is not. He is extremely lucky, and finds himself to be almost always on the winning side. His lucks goes further however, allowing him to read people and deal with them, and lie to their faces when needed. He is also very skilled with a sword, and knows some basic first aid.

History: Lynx was sold into slavery before he was even old enough to talk. The man who bought him, Grenovous, claimed his mother had basically given him away for free. Lynx didn't really care, and was brought up as the Master's personal slave. He learned all about the inns and outs of politics. How to deal with governors, senators, merchants, and slaves. When to use a well placed bribe, and when to threaten. Lynx became Grenovous's personal slave, used to get things done. He enforced his Master's will, bought and sold slaves, threatened, and even used his skills in the bedroom to bring pleasure to those who wanted it.

His Master had his hands in all sorts of dealings, and Lynx learned from the best. Soon he was his Master's top enforcer, and even body guard, learning how to use his sword and words to get the job done. By day he would make sure people paid, and that the job was done, and by night he was often in his Master's bed, seeing he was pleased. Grenovous called Lynx his little puppet, and Lynx was faithful in it.

By the time Lynx was 22 he was running nearly everything in his Master's business. One day Grenovous was talking to Lynx and let something slip. "Your mom didn't want to give you up, but when I took you from her what could she do?" Lynx froze, and slowly turned on his master with a calm smile.

"I thought my mother sold me, and branded me herself for the few coppers you gave her," Lynx whispered as he slowly reached up and touched the brand on his cheek.

"Yes of course," Grenovous mumbled as he waved his meaty fist in the air, "A mere slip of the tongue my little puppet."

Lynx just smiled back. That night Grenovous's empire crumbled, and the fat man was found dead in his bed. A hole in his chest and the sign of a slave hacked into his face. Lynx took everything the fat man had, freed the slaves, and disappeared into the shadows. For the next few months a silent war was raged between the city's slave lords and an unknown group, and soon the slave lords fell. Each of them was found dead, with the sign of a slaved carved into their face.

Lynx moved from place to place, setting up networks and working to free slaves. Most of the time it invovled a con where the Slave Lord was taken for everything he owned, and then he was killed. Lynx claimed he enjoyed watching them suffer, and he was a master when it came to revenge. He is far from perfect, and loves using the money he has stolen. He has done this for the past eight years. A couple of years ago however things got really bad and he was forced to flee his home nation. Most of his friends were caught and killed, or so he believes. He has numerous warrants out for his arrest, and is wanted in many places, except for here.

The past four years he hasn't been doing a whole lot besides running the odd con.

Up For Love? You bet! He is technically bi i guess.

Other: Not a whole lot more. He has his sword which he is fairly good at, and he does have a few contacts in the city since he was been here for a few years.
Last edited by DSF6647 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 am
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to the SB Kyou, DSF6647. Feel free to jump in whenever.

Now, I've caught up. *goes to post.*

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 am
Redfang18 says...

Because Kosey and Climalsi are twins, they might sense more than each other's presence. As twins, they can feel each others emotions regardless of the distance between them.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:02 am
View Likes
DSF6647 says...

Thanks Scarlet, glad to be here. If anyone wants to, or has an opportunity to bring Lynx in let me know. He'll do almost anything for money, steal, kill, frame, lie, forge... you get the picture :)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 am
ScarlettFire says...

Hmm. Nasira, my assassin, might do some side work for him or ask him to do something for the General. We'll see, though.

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren