Young Writers Society

The Lucky Thirteen DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 am
Sassafras says...

Name: Primula An'kae (Prii)

Apperance: Long white hair with a slight tint of green. She has big and round green eyes and a slim body. She's 5"6 and looks fragile but is really one of the toughest people she knows.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She likes to smile and enjoys the company of others. When she's not training she's usually wandering around and exploring. She is very soft spoken and gentle until you piss her off. Though she looks really cute and soft she has a nasty temper, especially when other knights or fighters don't take her instructions. She hates yelling and being mean but will if things are starting to get out of control. She trusts the mages and archers to keep everything in line so she doesn't have to step in. She is a very good listeneer and really does not talk much about herself or her history and if asked she will evade the question or walk off, pretending not to have heard. That is because she also has a dark side she tries not to show. When she was young, a curse was placed upon her head to turn into a mindless killing machine whenever blood other than her own hits her skin, that is part of the reason why she is so carefull in battle, she does not want to hurt anyone.

History: When she was nine, she was playing in a garden with her sword and one of her friends, Tenchii. Accidentally, she stabbed Tenchii and the girl fell to the ground, howling in pain. Prii carried the girl back to her home and Tenchii mother, Angella who was a powerful mage, was sad at having her daughter hurt and enraged at Primula have injured her daughter. Tenchii died soon after, the wound having been too deep, and Angella put a curse on Prii's head to turn into a monster whenever blood other than her own touched her skin. Primula has never forgotten that day and, since that happened, she tried her best to improve at her skills. Her parents told her to give up but she wanted to be the best she could be for Tenchii, because Tenchii also wanted to be a knight.

Likes: Training and exploring. She loves swimming and music. She also loves hearing stories being told and fire.
Dislikes: She has a sort of fear of being alone with mages. She also hates the dark and blood.
Other: She will often talk to her deceased friend, Tenchii. She also hopes to find a way to break her curse. Angella said that the only things that could break the curse would be the actions of a very powerfull mage or sacrificing her memories to the volcano.
Up For Love?: Sure.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm
View Likes
wonderland says...

Name: Kaede
Age(Over 20 for all Protectoribus): 26
Appearance(Written and a picture. I'm asking for anime/cartoon pictures because it's easier to find those types for this type of storybook): Her hair is long, and blue-black. Her eyes are as dark as her hair, and you can't see her pupil. She is quite pale and doesn't think much of her looks. She wears mens clothes, black trousers, knee-high boots, a white shirt, and black waistcoat.
Spoiler! :
25053anime_dark_angel_me1.jpg
kinda like this
25053anime_dark_angel_me1.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 350 times

Personality: She thinks she's knows everything. She is smart and cunning, but has too much hubris.
Likes: She enjoys fighting, or planning out their next move.
Dislikes: She hates being told what to do, hates when other people try to take the lead
History(optional):
Other: Leader? Fighter
Up for love?: Yeah
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:50 pm
Calligraphy says...

Maybe in the title you should say "needs girls" That would probably help because most storybookers seem to be girls. At least I have never seen a storybook who needed girls. Usually it is guys.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 pm
Sassafras says...

We will start on Tuesday. Monday if we can get the last two spots filled.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 am
LaceyDreadth says...

I'm making a female archer, I'll have it done by Monday.
"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
-James Dickey

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
-Dave Barry

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:02 am
LaceyDreadth says...

Name: Michiko Cadence (Michi, Mi, Iko, [Anything anyone can think of])

Appearance:

Hair:
It was cut short with a knife, not caring much what others thought of her. It gets rather dirt colored and there are often leaves stuck in it.

Build:
She looks a lot like a boy with almost no breasts to speak and her legs slightly bowed from ridings horses so much

Clothes:
She refuses to wear female clothes, resorting only to greys, browns, and greens as they blend with the forest. Michiko owns a cloak of mottled greens, greys, and browns that helps her blend in. Her shoes are always quiet.

Personality:

She adores having fun but she’s smart enough to know when to get serious. Michiko feels more at home outside then inside, and it shows as she tends to fidget, playing with her bow string, when not in a situation she’s comfortable with. Another of her strange quirks is her hatred of her hair; she hates that it often gets in her eyes and ruins how she can see.

No one would guess it, but she is astonishingly good at staying still for hours on end. She can remain alert that entire time, scanning the area for anything and everything. Michiko is not the best at tactics, though she’s learning by watching the two other archers, and can’t predict what others will do beyond where they’ll run if they find out where she is. She asks too many questions of her superiors and of anybody that will listen.

Oddly enough, growing up with her brothers made her more calm than most; no one has ever seen her lose her temper since she was around eight. This allows her to make scary-calm threats to anyone that might actually have made her very angry. She is incredibly loyal to

She loves to climb things, practice shooting and stealth, humming to herself, pretending she was a boy, sneaking up on people, birds of prey, making people smile, detecting things that are undetectable to others, tracking.

Dislikes:
People that underestimate her, being forced into things, unnecessary death, too much noise, being snuck up on, being the center of attention.

History:

This is what the others know about her:

Michiko grew up with three brothers and one older sister in a large town. Her father was a blacksmith and worked with horses often, so she could ride just as well as she could walk. Her sister and mother did all of the chores so it was up to Michiko, once she was old enough, to get their food as her brothers worked in the shop with her father.

She started shooting as a child with a recurve bow so she was stronger than most girls and had mastered it by the time she was ten. All of it felt completely natural to her. From there, she started working on strength training so she could get a bow with a stronger pull. As her sister was a magnificent seamstress she made a design for her cloak and she worked on her stealth. It was rare for her to return from hunting without any game.

It took until she was sixteen for her to get enough strength to comfortably pull the string of her longbow. She was the best shot around as it was all she did; spending time in the woods and shooting targets. She can shoot fast and accurate and is always working on getting better. Michiko soon started to help the town watch deal with trouble makers and outright criminals. Having a knack for finding criminals just as they were preforming their crimes, she used her skills to scare them into giving themselves in.

It was later that she found out she’d been chosen from birth and her parents had pushed her towards her destiny without her knowing because she wouldn’t have been so dedicated otherwise. She chose a surname different from that of her parents, her father known as Steelweaver because he is astonishingly good at his job, for the rhythm she found when she shot her arrows.

Other:
She has two recurve bows, one made especially by her father to be able to take apart and put together, a regular recurve bow she has out while riding, and a longbow that she adores. She also carries around a hunting knife that she frequently uses to cut her growing hair.

She’s very good with horses and adores birds but all other animals generally hate her. She can climb practically anything.

Up for love?: Yes.
Last edited by LaceyDreadth on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
-James Dickey

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
-Dave Barry

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:13 am
Funkymomo says...

Nevermind
Last edited by Funkymomo on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:14 am
Funkymomo says...

Oh darn it! Lacey beat me! I spent over an hour looking for the perfect picture!
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:49 pm
kidashka says...

Is there still a spot left? I only counted 12 profiles ....?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Random avatar

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 pm
Calligraphy says...

I think so...

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 am
Sassafras says...

There is one more spot.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm
kidashka says...

Yay! I'll have my profile up later today :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Random avatar

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm
Calligraphy says...

Are we starting soon??

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 pm
aweqs says...

where do our characters start off?
like,where will our first post be set?

thanks

/Isha:/= To be honest, we are talking about mostly nothing which in its own essence is something. But somethingness can't be nothing if there isn't nothing in the first place. So really, we're talking about meaningly somethingness that's technically caused by nothingness.

The Smiley Spammer

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:44 pm
Sassafras says...

We start off at the sacrifice's castle before starting our journey from there. The first part will be us meeting, grouping, and the going to find the witch doctor who will give us the jewel, after that we ride in a carrige for a few weeks (time lapse) before being dropped off and starting on our mission.

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia