z

Young Writers Society

Cut & Paste Discussion Thread

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:28 pm
Incognito says...

We'll be starting soon.
Jok101, so they are being contained on the island? I like that. But there has to be reasearch building the scientists can go and be safe from everything around them. Almost like safe houses. It kind of reminds me of the movie I am Legend. of course, that was the whole world being destroyed by monster thingies.

And Phantom of the Potter's idea makes an excuse for the Partials to be contained, and also becuase of the mood swings, it gives them an excuse to leave ot not. It all depends on their moods. ;)

Any more suggestions? If not I will quickly make the plot thingy tying all of our ideas together and then we can get started. Meanwhile, make sure you get to know all the characters.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:41 pm
Bloo says...

Everyone scratch my gonzo post.

My grandpa replaced the Internet and computer in the summer house, so I can stay on and post.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 pm
Lauren2010 says...

im excited. just putting that out there. =) and I asked this on the actual post...but i'll put it here too.

Echelon: Are our characters (Whitney and Josh) going to be twins? and if so, what will their last name be?
Got YWS?

127 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 pm
Incognito says...

Okay everyone. This is what we have so far combined into one. ;)

1999 - The first genetically altered teen created lives for three months.
2001 - The next teen lives for two years, and then suffers from heart attack.
2005 - Five teens live for four years then alter permanently into animals.
2008 - One hundred and thirteen teens successfully adapt.

In only nine years they have created mutated teens for war. Everyone celebrates. Well, except the experiments. Being an partial animal is painful. They fight each moment for control over their heightened instincts. The partial humans are not adapting well either. All the partials are getting restless. The nation of Duke will not be able to keep control much longer.

Having been understudy it was soon declared that the Partials were unstable, their brains having an in subsequent ability to maintain rational thought, making them prone to volatile mood swings. Because of this, the nation of Duke decided that these Partials were to be kept into containment, hidden away from humanity on an island in the midst of two rivers at least 750 yards wide. The bridges to this island were destroyed, the scientists coming in and out by helicopter.

They were at first kept in an old prison, which was transformed into a containment center and shelter, having sections blocked out so that Partials would not go there, and it was in those small rooms that the scientist completed tests and analyzations.

But the Partials were becoming restless on this island, restless being kept in this torturous containment. Soon enough words were spread through their ranks. They spoke of mutiny and treason. They spoke of an uprising.

And from there, we can have an uprising, the Partials eventually taking over the island maybe doing something to the rest of the scientists to make them disappear someway or another, except for the 4 or random people we may have as NPC's. Half of them may decide to leave, the other could stay. You should mention that here, but we can give you time to think about it. We also could have people for Duke and people against making conflict and desolation.

The plot will develop from there.

Any objections? If not, we will start.

~Incognito

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:03 pm
Flux says...

We live on an Island?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

127 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:12 am
Incognito says...

LaReina, I guess so. If you have a problem with it I can change it! I have been trying to keep everyone's ideas in consideration. ;)

I'll draw a quick picture in paint to show you what I mean. Or what I took if what Jok101 said.

~Incognito

EDIT: Here it is! My beautiful masterpiece! I believe it is the best I have done so far.
That thing connecting the cities is a bridge. :D
And if you noticed there are no bridges connecting the island to the rest of the world, but the Partials can still see across the vast river thingy.

39 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:34 am
moon jumper says...

Wow. This is awesome you guys! Y'all have taken this plot line above and beyond my shoddy sentence. This is truly awesome!

Well, I'm speechless...except, I WANT TO START!!! :)

I'm loving this plot! Great job everyone!

MJ
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

39 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:42 am
Bloo says...

My guy wouldn't be to out set to get off, he is a electric eel hybrid, so he is a natural swimmer.

I'm cool with that idea.My guy wouldn't be to hard to get off the island, half electric eel, means half fish, basically, so he could swim off easy.

But where do we start, are they getting off already in group, or mostly alone, then they find each other after that?
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:45 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Like bolt's, my character would easily get off the island as well- she's cross-bred with a great white shark. :)

I'm so excited to start!
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

39 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:46 am
Bloo says...

Oh and also, what can the partials do exactly.

You never really explained powers MJ.

Is it just natural abilities of the animal, or more then that? Just wondering.

39 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 am
moon jumper says...

I think we shouldn't claim for love, just letting it flow naturally...and since nobody's claimed means that this post is utterly useless...

Alrighty then!

MJ

EDIT: Just saw your message, boltageman, and Partial's powers are only things the animal of the DNA can do. Nothing magical or anything. Y'all basically got that down.

Any other questions ask now or forever hold your peace!
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:00 am
Lauren2010 says...

ooo i'm excited. I still need Echelon to respond to my question...but I am for getting off the island. My character will leave with or without her twin (if they will be twins). But she may be hesitant to break free at first, she may not leave with a group of people.
Got YWS?

127 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:09 am
Incognito says...

Erm, to keep in the Partials that can swim... Electric fences and barbed wire? :snicker
I am good. You can start off talking to anyone. Just get yourself in the story and make sure you pay attention to this forum because (I assume) that MJ will tell us when the uprising will start. I think we should let it escalade before hand.

Lauren, lets just assume she is your twin. Last names don't really matter at the moment. You can soon enough decihper that out. Might I recommend sending a PM? That would demand her attention.

MJ, you call the shots. Shall we start?

39 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 am
moon jumper says...

YES!

Are you going to set the stage, Incognito?

MJ

39 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:24 am
Bloo says...

Electric Wire would not really keep Dave at bay. But I'll post sating they kept him drugged, so he didn't have control over his electrical release, and they kept him in a rubber suit/cell.

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn