z

Young Writers Society

The Safeway Discussion

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 pm
Telina says...

OK, so I'm going to solve this human problem! So nobody make your human a mutant!
I'm going to create a male character that will tie in the humans, since the mutants haven't interacted with any of the humans except Victoria.

Also, I think things should calm down, so Nhara can get comfortable and start to plot, that way the story would really get going.
Everybody just has all this action going on and we haven't even given a chance to see how the humans and the mutants are together.

Just a bunch of thoughts guys, anyways, look for my human.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:51 am
DSF says...

I am WITH Telina on this, lets take some times to develop our characters. The crazy dogs were fun and got us all together, but lets not rush this whole thing...

And tomorrow is the day I leave. I am gone from 3/13-3/24. Now like I said before I'm not sure if I will be able to get on a computer once I am there but trust me when I say I will do my best. Now I know this is gonna create some problems with my characters. So please keep all my characters in, and I think I am going to give temporary control of my characters to Monday, so things can still advance. Speaking of which, Monday I am going to send you a message right now...

For the rest of you, Nhara is basically just going to try to work her way into the whole Safeway. She's smart, not stupid, so don't make her do something dumb. Just let her join you all. Oh and just so everyone "knows" she is going to pretend she is not a mutant. And slowly pretned to discover her powers like she is all knew at this, ya know, win her way into your hearts!

So a breif overview of her powers...

* She controls darkness, so she can make an area super dark, to blind others but allow her to see, ya know simple stuff like that.
* She can transport herself through shadows, jump into one and jump out of another, distance isn't really an issue
* She can jump into someones shadow and control them, what they say and how they act... oh that one should be fun!
* She can also solidify parts of her shadows to make weapons. Like swords, ninja stars... be creative

anyways just a little overview. In the begining she probably won't do more then soldify her shadows and control a bit of darkness

Okay this is long, but should hopefully help you all. She is going to be scared and a little confused with all that is going on. So yea, have fun!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:55 pm
Bloo says...

Can someone please tell me whats going on, I am so confused right now.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:44 pm
jok101 says...

Okay basically this is what I think is happening all the dogs are dead Lot's of the mutants were fainting but they've all left for the rest of the day off while Bobby talking to the new comers light devils and DSF character

okay and this is the character from Adams vision who is his brother but I'm not gonna introduce him for a while at least not too the other mutants.

Name: Jack

place of birth: Britain [was with His parents in Paris when Adam was born and was with him for 4 years but Adam never really got to get to know each other]

powers:Telekinesis ,Shape shifting and visions

History: After infiltrating the Safeway after he was not granted access he disguised himself and clawed his way to the top of the government being one of the Presidents 3 top advisers. He secretly disguised as anther form a member of a president hating organization called Gawp. He has long been planning his rise to power his first vision being one of Adam and himself Climbing out of a Limo in a bright green park, these no longer exist which has made him believe that he will bring change back to the world and refurbish it.

strengths: lying and his signature move decapitation

Weakness: Bobby who can some how see through his lies and Korah if he ever came in contact with him he would lose his disguise

other:

*Oh and Monday I know I have tones of characters but can I play the president*

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:02 pm
Flux says...

I posted my profile in the actual Storybook, if that's not okay, I can delete it before anyone else replies ....

And someone bring me in, 'kay?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:10 am
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

Just for clarification, what is the difference between advanced mutants and young mutants?
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

41 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:12 am
View Likes
Telina says...

Thank you DSF!

Forgive me for being honest:
Any writers with human characters, or with characters that haven't posted yet and want people to bring them in *becomes flustered* read the story and read this discussion thread.
I've already left an opening for a human girl character to come in, so if you want it, take it. If you would have read the story, you would have noticed it.
For those of you who just want to be brought in, it's kind of hard when the majority of our characters are unconscious, or in some kind of meeting. SO, if you want to be brought in, bring your own character in, step up! Have your character walk around a corner or something. Maybe have your character helping with the humans.

Sorry if I’m over reacting but come on, really, did you not read the “Dedicated StoryBookers Only” note that went along with this thread?

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:27 am
Monday says...

The 'Advanced Mutants' have more control over their powers. The 'Young Mutants' know how to use their powers but they are either too young in mind, body or something else.
Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind, to follow you into the dark.
- Death Cab For Cutie

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 am
Bloo says...

I'm sorry, I am way to far behind and confused. I'm dropping out.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

Telina: sorry...

I think we should discuss plot ideas but that's just me. Its hard when someone out of the blue posts something that moves the storybook in a whole another direction.

?

JC
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:23 am
Monday says...

I vote for plot discussion! ... *raises hand slowly*
Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind, to follow you into the dark.
- Death Cab For Cutie

41 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 am
Telina says...

That sounds good to me=]

OK, so ideas!!

I also want to say sorry, I didn't want anybody to drop out of the Storybook.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:14 pm
Flux says...

Would anyone be willing to bring my human, Kori, in?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

I agree with Monday. Plot discussion time!
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

41 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:52 pm
Telina says...

LaReina, this will be the third time I've said this but I already left an opening for a human character, take it. It's the character Sebastian, so I suggest you go read it and jump in.

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler