z

Young Writers Society

Pierpoint Academy for Agents in Training DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:36 pm
Europa says...

@LadyEvvy, you have been accepted into Pierpoint.
Hope Lun's not planning on trying to use Evangeline, that would end badly... :twisted:
Nobody messes with the head Shark! mwahahahahaha :twisted:

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:39 pm
LadyEvvy says...

Yusss! I'm excited! This is the first SB I've ever participated in!
And don't worry, Lun doesn't want anything to do with the Sharks. She's keeping it small for now. Could I maybe claim the NPC Emily for manipulation purposes?

45 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 pm
Europa says...

Sure

45 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:02 am
Europa says...

one thing that needs discussing, Pierpoint Academy doesn't teach anything a normal school would, so an entirely new set of classes have to be set up. I was thinknig something like:
Manditory Classes:
Combat simulations and analysis
Sparring
armed combat

Electives
Spying and infiltration
Technology (Hacking, Mission Control, Ect.)
Competitive sports (Competitive meaning bloodshed and the occasional "Accedental" death :twisted: )

Studnets can pick up to two electives. This isn't set in stone so anything you want to change or add, I'm open to anything you have to suggest

41 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:21 am
LadyEvvy says...

It seems like basic technology, at least, would be a required course, since in the future, even dyspotia, would involve a lot of technical skills. Separate classes might be good for different skill sets (hacking, programming, etc.)
Firearms might also be mandatory since guns are prominent now and may become more important in the future.
Infiltration might also be mandatory.

Medical skills might be an optional class, deception (what would you call a class like that?), stuff like that.

45 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:13 pm
Europa says...

Alright, I'll have the revised classes up within the week. Meantime, when do you guys want to start posting. Maybe we should wait this week for other people to join, then start the SB? We could do what I did in HOTS and continue accepting after the storybook is started.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:56 am
Chaser says...

During NaNo, I don't think many people will join. If we're planning to start sometime soon, it's probably best to keep the storyline open. Other than that, I'd say that at least two more people will be enough to start this thing right.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

45 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:58 pm
Europa says...

Okay, since I'm WAY too impatient to wait a whole month, guess we could charge on ahead.

I propose we start with the first day, since then we could get some important bits of background in. Like for me I could start with Ev getting picked up form the jail, or Crow's parents driving him over, completely ticked with their son.
And @LadyEvvy, You think since both Evangeline and Lunarien (Might've misspelled that, sorry) could be on the same bus together, cause they are both being recruited by the government to come to the school? They don't have to talk or anything, just note that there was "Only one other girl" On the bus.

Thoughts?

41 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:38 pm
LadyEvvy says...

I am equally impatient. Let's get this show on the road!

And yeah, having Lun and Eva on the same bus might be a good way to establish their characters. I'm down with that.

I feel like I really shouldn't have much say in the matter though since I practically just got here. Anyone else have an opinion?

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:27 pm
Chaser says...

I was kind of hoping we could start a few days before the mutiny; no dice, huh?

Copperhead's already been attending classes at Pierpoint for a few years, so that cuts out the whole "mystified arrival" shtick. I suppose I could use his first few posts to flesh out the academy's classes. Other than that, I do hope the mutiny comes soon. Copperhead's going to get bored at this rate.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

45 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:01 am
Europa says...

@Chaser, The mutiny will be one of the first kills in the SB, so it won't be too long. Eva's already making plans to overthrow the Hayes Brothers, but she can't do it on her own. She needs a fighting force *Fake cough* Alliances must be made *Elbows Copperhead*

45 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:25 pm
Europa says...

Here are the revised classes guys

Mandatory

Infiltration
Basic Technology
Sparring
Firearms
Combat simulations
Strategy

Electives
First Aid
Hacking (Advanced Tech class)
Programming (A.T Class)
Advanced combat

Students can pick two electives.

There will also be weekly war games. (The sleeping quarters are seperated into bunkers. Everyone can choose which bunker to live in *Which results in the Sharks just having a bunker to themselves* And war games consist of infiltrating another team's bunker and stealing their Beacon, a sort of holographic flag, and bringing it back to your home base. Only two bunkers participate in a war game at a time.)

45 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Europa says...

TA-DAAAAAA! My first post is up!
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Evangeline!

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:15 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

Yay let it begin!
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

45 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:50 am
Europa says...

Great posts, you guys!
@TheForgottenKing, William Black might just be the most adorable thug known to man.

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451