z

Young Writers Society

May OS: Alice in Wonderland DT

What should be done with Lucia Pennybaggs?

She should stay a PC, with someone taking over her role.
40%
She should be made a NPC, but will still be a key player in the SB.
30%
She should be made a NPC, but only have a minor role.
30%
She should be made a NPC, but be written out someway or the other.
No votes
She should be removed before even entering the SB.
No votes

Total votes : 10

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed May 06, 2015 7:09 pm
Sassafras says...

Oh crap! I can change if you'd like. It was either him or Lady Peacock.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed May 06, 2015 7:12 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

No, it's fine @Ecirahs! I really don't mind! I is up to you who you want to be, not me...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed May 06, 2015 7:17 pm

@Ecirahs, just note: If you're going to be Dr Black, I'll need to PM you his relationships with Alice, Monopoly Man and the Unknowns so you know how influential he is and get an idea of what you want his personality to be like.

Also note that he is either in his twenties or early thirties, so remember that when creating him...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed May 06, 2015 7:19 pm
Sassafras says...

Of course, of course. Lay it on me.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 06, 2015 8:53 pm
KingLucifer says...

@TheWanderingWizard, is this a re-imagining of Alice in Worderland or is this a fanficiton sequel?

Edit: I also would like to chat at some point so I could see about a few details before I make the character.
Last edited by KingLucifer on Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I want to reserve a spot for Mother Superior White. I am fond of writing white (good) magic and such. This might get interesting. Lemme make my character and it should be up very soon.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

62 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2015 7:34 pm

MS White reserved for @pretzelsing. Note that, seeing as we're in our world, magic is kept to a minimum (I think it is safe to say that there is magic here, though. I mean, we're in Wales for crying out loud; a land filled with magic and mystery...)

@KingLucifer, since my cellphone fell, I can't go on YWS via that at present (or do anything with it for that matter...), thus I cannot go on chat or whatnot currently. PM me your queries, and I can answer them like that.

Also, to everyone: This SB is like a sequel to the book/movie, but also a type of re-imagining so to speak.

@Rydia and @Ecirahs, I shall send your PMs as soon as I get the chance to finalize them. I unfortunately can't carry my laptop around with me at school the whole day, otherwise you would have had the PMs already.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 pm
Theodorable says...

Sequel to the animated film or the live action that came out a couple years ago? ( Just trying to make sure I have the correct Alice in mind.)
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri May 08, 2015 1:36 am
Wolfi says...

I'd assume it will be more of a sequel to Lewis Carrol's novel itself, since we're writing it. But I'm not sure. The phoneless Wizard surely knows.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

62 Reviews

Fri May 08, 2015 8:55 pm
View Likes

*sees Ecirahs' name is changed, has to go edit all my tags*

Oh, @Theodorable and @Wolfie36, to answer your enquiry, it is going to be a sequel to both the book and the Tim Burton version of AiW (the action film...), thus we shall incorporate novel elements, etc, yet our tale takes place of the action movie.

Also, @Theodorable, you don't have to go with the traditional Alice look. She could have short hair now or darker hair, etc. Like I said to everyone, surprise me. I know @AstralHunter, @AriaAdams and @KingLucifer have quite unique takes on their characters, so shoot me a PM if you want to clarify something or run an idea by me. I'll try and respond ASAIC (As Soon As I Can)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri May 08, 2015 9:57 pm
Ventomology says...

While I'm running away from my worldly responsibilities, now is probably a good time to ask if there's anything specific I need to know about the fox. Have you got any expectations, Roving Enchanter?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat May 09, 2015 3:28 am
crossroads says...

I'll most likely post my profile tomorrow. I'd like to catch @QueenAnne before I do, though - our chars are supposed to work closely together, so I think we should discuss eventual shared history and stuff. Poke me via PM/wall/chat/whatever when you're on, please.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 am
KingLucifer says...

The Monopoly Man is ready for approval.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat May 09, 2015 7:35 am
Rydia says...

I'm still waiting for that PM ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat May 09, 2015 9:57 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I haven't yet found the time to create my profile (or do anything on YWS much...), but at school yesterday, I did create a list of the possible combinations for heroes or villains. Wanderer and Av are the only ones who have submitted a character profile thus far, so if any of you are unsure, here is some guidance. (By the way, the list is just the name of the combination accompanied by an elementary description.)

Villains:
Spoiler! :
Mastermind - the name is rather self-explanatory
Saboteur Mastermind - these types people aren't afraid to get their hands dirty, which often makes them more popular among their foot soldiers
Charlatan Mastermind - very charismatic, this lot, so they easily gather supporters; however, they despair when they start losing
Agent Mastermind - these are the most illusive of criminal leaders, since they are often right under your nose (they are the ones you least expect)
Corruptor Mastermind - these are the most ruthless of Masterminds, since they will stop at nothing to achieve their goals

Agent - your typical spy for the bad guys posing as one of the good guys
Saboteur Agent - these Agents will sabotage the heroes' plans if they get the chance, so they are extremely dangerous
Charlatan Agent - these Agents are more charismatic than others, meaning they are more likely to gain others' trust and uncover secrets, but they also give in more easily when interrogated
Corruptor Agent - these are the kinds of people who would not only spy aginst their enemies, but also convert them via bribery, blackmail or coercion

Corrupter - these people use whatever means necessary to divide their enemies' forces
Saboteur Corruptor - if these villains can't convert or threaten you, they'll make your life miserable
Charlatan Corruptor - these Corruptors tend to be more successful in their persuasion, but they are quite susceptible to threats themselves

Marauder - your typical thug
Saboteur Marauder - what these criminals lack in wit, they more than make up for in daring and intimidation
Charlatan Marauder - these Marauders, being slightly more ambitious than the others, are likely to be sub-leaders

Heroes:
Spoiler! :
Keeper - the Keeper is the metaphorical standard around which others gather to fight off evil
Protector Keeper - these Keepers believe in leading by example, so they are just as often found battling alongside their soldiers as in a command tent
Spirit Keeper - like the Agent Mastermind, the Spirit Keeper is the secret king, the one who leads from the shadows
Arbiter Keeper - this kind of person fights for the side of the righteous, but they often show mercy to theyr enemies and perfer resolving conflict through diplomacy rather than violence
Martyr Keeper - these people are so dedicated to their cause, they are willing to die for it

Protector - this type of person lives to defend others from darkness and will not tolerate any injustice whatsoever
Spirit Protector - these Protectors are basically sleeper agents in the sense that they infiltrate the enemy's ranks, but are willing to blow their cover if they must neutralise a particular enemy
Arbiter Protector - these people will prefer to resolve conflict peacefully, but if push comes to shove, they aren't afraid to shove back
Martyr Protector - Martyr Protectors are a villain's worst nightmare, since if it comes down to the worst case scenario for the heroes, these people will enter last stand mode

Spirit - these are your spies for the good guys
Arbiter Spirit - though these heroes also inflitrate the enemy's ranks, they will prefer to dismantle it from the inside by converting some of the villains to the light side
Martyr Spirit - should these Spirits ever be discovered, they will take the heroes' secrets to the grave with them

Arbiter - this type of person is the closest to neutral that you can get, since they are essentially the third party

Martyr - once this kind of hero has dedicated themselves to a cause, the enemy will have a nigh-impossible job of converting them

For example, Joan of Arc would have been a Martyr Keeper or Martyr Protector, since even while being burnt on a pyre, she did not falter in her cause. However, Adolf Hitler would probably have been a Charlatan Mastermind, since he was charming and fully capable of getting people to support him, sure, but what did he do as soon as his defeat was clear? My point precisely.

So, both @TheWanderingWizard and I would appreciate it if you chose one of these categories if you feel your character belongs to more than just one. However, don't combine more than two categories, since that will make things too complicated.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb