z

Young Writers Society

The Enchantress DT

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:40 am
Leahweird says...

That's great of course. Just wanted to make sure you weren't blindsided by the other versions of the story. :3

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 am
queerelves says...

Would it be acceptable to make Rapunzel's Prince a girl? Even if the answer is yes, I might still make them a guy... but I'm playing around with different ideas for the character.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

136 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:21 am
Leahweird says...

If you can make it work in a satisfactory way, I'm alright with that. I would say wait till we have a Rapunzel before going for it, just so backstories match up, but I would say that for most decisions.

As the cast list stands, there's an even number of males and females but that's not a huge consideration. Especially since it will probably grow.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:57 am
Shadowlight says...

@Iggy

I will PM you later on today about back-story stuff- My character is being used by leah for plot so there are some things that HAVE to happen.
Oh and just to put the bug in your ear I'm not following the Disney story- I'm following the East of the Sun West of the Moon Story for my beast- it's SO much better. Like- beast isn't a prick and Belle has a choice- she wasn't strong-armed into anything. xD Oh and best of all the beast isn't some Bull/bear/lion hybrid- he's a polar bear. :3

if you're on chat tonight that might be a good thing to do as well.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

60 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:29 pm
queerelves says...

Does this take place in a fictionalized version of our universe, or a completely fictional universe? Rather, do the cultures/religions/etc from our universe exist in this universe?

136 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 pm
Leahweird says...

This is a completely fictional universe, but there are probably analogues to real world things. Mostly it's a highly underpopulated version of medieval europe (Though some later period stuff will probably sneak in there)

I'll work up and actual map and decide names for the various areas so it doens't get too confusing who goes where.

136 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

So, I did indeed make a map. It's extremely basic, I know. Heh.

It's hard to tell, but the Winterlands (The place that at least two characters are meant to start the Sb in) are meant to be boxed in, so you have to go down and around to get the the Northlands (where everybody is ending up eventually).

The Siver Star thingies are meant to be where the actual cities are located. More locations will probably pop up as we progress.

60 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 pm
queerelves says...

Would it be alright if I tacked on an appearance section to my profile in addition to a picture?

136 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:54 pm
Leahweird says...

Did I for get to put that in?! Goodness gracious, yes of course do that.

136 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 pm
Leahweird says...

There, I"ve added it to the code. @Alvarin if you want to add appearance to Ben, go for it.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:17 am
Iggy says...

Someone else can have my character. Sorry.

Good luck, Leah.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:40 am
fictionfanatic says...

I'll take Iggy's spot if I can :3
Live, Love, Laugh

136 Reviews

136 Reviews

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:56 am
Leahweird says...

Ladies and Gentleman, we officially have all of the major roles filled! I don't intend to close the SB ever, of course. In fact, I may add more ideas for possible characters along with Sleeping Beauty. I just wanted to make sure the people necessary for my vague intended plot XD

Speaking of which! Things are pretty loose in order to leave room for all the genius things I'm sure you crazy folk will bring to the table, but I do have a vague intent.

The people currently trapped in Narissa's palace are attempting to escape, but their respective curses make it difficult. Particularly for the boys. So that's @Shadowlight @megsug @Lauren2010 and (for now) me.

The rest of the cast are free agents, but at least @Skydreamer and @fictionfanatic are supposedly directly attempting to find and defeat the Enchantress. I figure they'll go all Wizard of Oz and collect the others :3 It's up to you all to decide if, when, and how you join the group.

Right now getting profiles in is the name of the game. I haven't finished mine, so of course there's no hurry. I've encouraged people from the same fairytale to contact each other before, but I wanted to bring it up once more and add that canonical couples don't have to be in love. So long as people agree on what went down, anything's possible. That goes for everybody. No need to be married to the original material. If it makes sense, I'll approve it.

I'm seriously excited! I can't wait to see what people come up with!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:03 am
crossroads says...

So~ to avoid confusion. I'm just now submitting the Robber Girl's profile, and I decided to make one of her brothers (the eldest) a playable character. The role was taken by @queerelves (along with his Prince, fear not!), we wrote the profiles together. The other brothers never turn human, and are NPCs (basically just attacking everyone xD).
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight