Young Writers Society

Of Blood & Royalty DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:01 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@SirenCymbaline She's the mother of all, a goddess of creation and mercy. She is often referred to as just ‘Goddess’ / ‘the Goddess’ or as ‘Mother’ / ‘the Mother’. The second expression is often used by those who devote their lives to her. She is the most worshiped and most well known goddess in Sankar, and a leading figure of religion in Sankarian/Belasian culture. Her symbol is the falcon (specifically a white falcon).

I don't think she plays that a huge role, but everyone usually respects her. And I imagine she'd be included in most important events, and probably a few specific to her. The King respected her, but felt she was too soft and rarely visited the temple to pray to her. The mages, on the other hand, love her and may frequently visit. Discretely.

She's adored in Belasi, and widely celebrated.

And again, this is something that probably won't play that a big a role in the SB. And I don't really have anything else set down yet, so can we refrain from mentioning her too much. Saying "By the Mother" or "By the Goddess" as an exclamation of frustration or anger or something is fine, but let's try not to start including festivals in her name or anything.

Her counterpart is a god of death. Who, ironically, is know as "Arryn". XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

What was the late King like, btw? Did he do much for the people, or was mainly noble-focused, or?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@LordZeus mentioned some stuff about him in Quint's profile that I agree with; that the old man loved ornamentation and luxury, stuck to the nobility.

BUT, and this is what I said in a previous post, he was a genuinely good man, mostly. He just really didn't like mages, wasn't particularly religious and didn't have many ties with the poorer people. And yeah, he was unreasonable about the mage issue.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:22 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey guys I noticed earlier you said the Kingdom politics was like the Romans, and I laughed out loud because that's EXACTLY what I had planned in the first place (But a bit different of course). So....ya, I've got that part covered

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:31 am
ScarlettFire says...

Not exactly like them, but more like them than a medieval king.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:32 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

i tweaked Ash's abilities so go ahead and read up on them so we know what we're dealing with
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

39 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@ScarlettFire don't worry, I have something planned that I think isn't too much like the Romans.

As to people who are against mages...I never said that he dealt with it completely! In fact I have a few scenes planned where he has to. Not to mention I said that he formed the Dragon Guard and had them patrol the poor and mage districts to prevent large scale or disruptive conflicts and attacks. Of course there are people who oppose him. These are the Anti-Belasi members of the public (which I already mentioned in my cp) and established nobility.

Don't worry, I didn't plan Quint to be a miracle man who could get everything done in a week!

Also there are a couple things I think I should clarify.

1. Not all mages are sent to Irondark. Just those connected to the Guild, as would have been announced.

2. Oppression against mages is illegalized but of course still takes place.

3. Only top level prisoners, like all connected to the guild or those who have committed severe crimes are sent to Irondark. The rest are sent to the City Prison.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Everyone, say hello to Emberly's newest lady-in-waiting, Charna! Her profile is up.

Hehe, this is going to be fun!

@Casanova, @Auxiira, how are those profiles coming along?

39 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:37 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

With the recent new characters and the Dragon, this Sb is starting to remind me an awful lot of Game of Thrones. Not that I'm against that, mind. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the series.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:00 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Yaay, Sévvy's new favourite little sibling c:
Adjusted his profile to accommodate Charna's existence.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:24 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

I'm thinking of adding a secondary character. Name of Syberious Tigron. A half Tiger hunter normally living in the depths of the forest. Thoughts on it?

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:49 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

And I'm thinking of crashing a Timelord in there so we have all kinds of species running about!

(Yes, it's a hint to maybe not overdo it on the non-human front)

No, but, if shapeshifters are a thing I guess it works, if you have some sort of idea about how he'd connect to the plot and other characters rather than just a cool character idea you want to throw in..
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:39 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I believe I've already told people not to add more races to this SB. More than once.

So no, @SirenCymbaline, no half-tigers.

In fact, if we even add any more characters, this SB might get crowded. What I DO need is more soldiers, preferably humans and non-magic users. So if you really, really want a second character, that's the deal. But I would prefer no more characters after @Casanova's.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, pinging everyone (including myself) @ScarlettFire @Remembrance @Auxiira @CoffeeCat @SirenCymbaline @LordZeus @HazelGrace16 @Sheyren @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX @ChildOfNowhere @Casanova

We'll be starting soon, once Casa gets his profile up. Probably in another week. I wanted to sort out a couple things; I'd like for the Zeus and Hazel to post first, since their characters will be in the palace, after my Arryn post. Then Child and I with Sevvy and Charna. Then it's free for all.

Of course, that doesn't mean you can't start plotting anything right now. It just means be mindful of what we'll be plotting. Feel free to ask!

But most of all, do have fun!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:22 am
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

No problem. I have to wait for Zeus' post anyways.

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster