z

Young Writers Society

Gatiss Underbelly DT

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:30 am
Caesar says...

Thinking on a big scale is fine, as long as it conforms to the SB plot ;)
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am
StellaThomas says...

That's okay LH! What did you have in mind for the Night Hunters then, I'm not quite clear? I'd prefer no demons, if you don't mind, it just adds another layer of world building and complications that I don't really want to get into!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am
Caesar says...

Unless you know, they're the manifestation of negative emotions that possess a human's mind, and not suave entities living in Hell. Or something.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 am
KingLucifer says...

I like to refer back to an IM chat that I had with Ita about Kira, she would hunt regardless of the laws that prohibit the hunting of humans in Gatiss. Now other than her purist ways why do you think she would do this? The answer is simple, there was no incentive to not go against the laws, Night Hunters provide this incentive by being funded by the government and paid by rich folk to dispose of any trouble making paranormals that refuse to obey the law, much like Kira.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 am
Caesar says...

If I recall, Kira also had the entire US Army at her side, based off of the same IM chat. I don't think the Night Hunters would help much then.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm
crossroads says...

Oh god, 16 notifications.
And as I see, there's still not much actually said xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 pm
StellaThomas says...

There would be some sort of police force in Gatiss, funded by the Phoenix Fund, and for vampires the penalty for hunting would be death since it is easier to kill a vampire than try and trap it (unless you drop them in a small unconsecrated area surrounded by holy ground or something). But LH you seem to be avoiding my actual question- what do you have in mind for the Nighthunters? I really want to get started ASAP so I'd like people to make up their minds about characters and start working on plot instead :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

50 Reviews

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:58 pm
KingLucifer says...

I was thinking Night Hunters as Bounty Hunters, they get hired on to take care of problems that the police don't handle.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
StellaThomas says...

So more mercernaries or assassins than vigilantes? To be honest it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, most supernaturals don't need help with that kind of thing. And what kind of problems? I'm not shooting you down, I'm just not sure I understand what angle you're going for.

50 Reviews

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:12 pm
KingLucifer says...

Yes mercernaries, (Don't ask why I didn't out right say that.) but when there is Law and Order there's Crime and Chaos. There will always be a need for Night Hunters for as long as there are supernaturals willing to break the law.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:19 pm
StellaThomas says...

What I'm asking though, is why any supernatural would bother hiring them? They nearly all have powers of their own to the revenge or stop someone. The Night Hunters seem arbitrary as mercernaries hired by supernaturals to kill other supernaturals.

50 Reviews

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:46 pm
KingLucifer says...

Stella could you quote me where I said supernaturals would hire them? Or did I not make it clear that it would be humans hiring them on?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 pm
thestorygirl says...

So as far as the second conversation thing on google goes I can't reply to it, I can only read it. Just an fwi.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:10 pm
View Likes
thestorygirl says...

Oh, and the werewolf HQ can be in Blue's church.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm
Shadowlight says...

Wait so let me see if I'm getting this right.

LH- your mercenaries are supernaturals for hire, who are hired by humans to kill other supernaturals?
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust