z

Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:01 am
Ventomology says...

That is, actually, exactly what I had in mind, Hunter! Of course, I still do intend to draw out the costumes and put them in the DT somewhere, just for fun, and for reference, since screening through posts to figure out consistency details is no fun.

Also, @SpiritedWolfe, Heracles doesn't need to fear the costumes. I refuse to design skintight suits on principle, so we will not have any Superman style clothing. (People with watery powers may have wetsuits underneath the other parts of their costumes though, Tort and Rydia, if that's okay.)
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Just so everybody is on the same page, your character will be waking up in New York City itself. The whole SB will take place within the nine boroughs (it is New York with the nine boroughs, right?), so you don't have to worry about travelling or stuff like that.

Also, I have seen that you submitted your character profile, @StupidSoup, but I have some other duties to complete, so I shall have a look at it as soon as I am done.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:14 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh gosh, thank you, that makes it FAR easier. *happily destroys scratches post plan*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:23 pm
TheSilverFox says...

I could've sworn NYC only had five boroughs, not nine. <.<

Anyways, I'll see if I can't answer that remaining question in the profile tonight.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:27 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Ah, five, not nine. My mistake. Does anybody have a link to a detailed map of NYC that lists street names? I'd look it up myself, but all my search engines are broken.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:37 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

This seems to be a pretty good map of the entire city. All the other maps I could find only showed Manhattan, and this one is operated by the Government of New York. So this is probably the most credible thing you can find: NYC City Map

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 pm
StupidSoup says...

I call queens
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:02 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Yep, answered the remaining question. I've been working all day, and somehow I feel happy about it. I'm crazy. :P

299 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 am
TheSilverFox says...

(double posting 'cause I can)

This is just a subtle reminder that I've written about 2,000 words for my post so far, and will hopefully complete the rest within the next couple of hours. Editing will hopefully not take much time, and I expect to be finished by at least (for me) Saturday morning. So get excited. Or something.

293 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:49 am
BrumalHunter says...

I shall have my lost ready as soon as possible and will work Jeremiah into it. Any editing on your side will be minimal, so go ahead with that post, @TheSilverFox! (Just don't post it yet.)
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:32 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I plan to start in Brooklyn. But because of my busy week and the fact that my Game Design possible school's contest is coming in the next one, I know I'm going to be late. But I'll work on that post - I've already got a "typical crazy Tortwag" way to start it, so I'm happy. but sorry for being late - again - in advance, Astral.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:27 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I've been doing the past few days what I should have been doing for a long time, and that's researching the office of police commissioner thoroughly. As such, heh, I am embarrassed to say the police commissioner does not work in New York City Hall. Rather, he works in 1 Police Plaza, New York 10038 (it's the only building on its block, which borders Park Row, Pearl Street, and Maddison Street), from his office on the fourteen floor. The thirteen floor is the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Public Information, and the second floor hosts a great many reporters. I'll change the address, but since Park Row is not permitted to allow civilian traffic, your characters will be stopped by a police officer. Tell him to call the PC's office, after which the secretary will respond, and they will be sent up. I shall edit the first page so that the correct address is listed, since it took me a while to find the place.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:11 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Everybody, please reread the introductory post, and remember to use the map @TheSilverFox so generously provided.

@Robusto and @StupidSoup, please amend your profiles as necessary, or you won't be allowed to post. Robusto, you have already been informed of everything you need to change, but15253, all you have to do is fill out that three-nouns question, then I'll accept it.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:40 pm
StupidSoup says...

Chronomancy may be op but I still like it :3

Also my character is supposed to be a killjoy astral
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:29 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I am perfectly fine with that, @StupidSoup, but I can't say the same for Hekate, who is the one commenting on the profiles. Also, your profile has been approved.
— Paul the Apostle

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)