z

Young Writers Society

LSS: Once Upon A Time OOC

292 Reviews

Reviews: 292
Mon May 27, 2024 12:10 am
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Personally I left those out of mine because I had enough info/ my character has no romantic interests in the RP. I think shipping relates to their relationship perhaps and tale is their background :) @LuminescentAnt
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon May 27, 2024 1:24 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Okay thanks!
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 2:21 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

LSS!!!! Cant wait to start writing today! Just a reminder, I will be making the first post in the SB as the narrator, so please don’t post anything until after that is posted!! Thanks guys :D
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 5:41 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Hey guys, just making sure that this is right, before I make the first post! Please like this/reply if I asked a question about your item/name :D And also to confirm that the character I named is the one who will be completing the quest/finding the item. Their name and item will be mentioned in the prophecy I am posting.

(also sorry for so many tags the last few days but I promise once this gets rolling I will not be tagging y'all this much XD)

User/character name/ magical item:

Ellie/Lynn/Most hated person in the land

@Inferno/ Blanchette Red /The fruit that induces death (snow whites apple)

@LuminescentAnt/ Sephorgrasp "Phor" Emeraldblade/ septer (ant- I am assuming that this is a staff carried by an important figure?)

@JazzElectrobass/Luxury Sundae(or should I use the full name?) / specific rock (should I just call it a rock? or to make it more poetic can I call it magical/enchanted/priceless/desired/ a stone/ boulder? any more details? XD or if you want to keep it vague I can also just say 'rock' too!)

@AmayaStatham/ Shanti / Magic Lotus to cure any sickness

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

120 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 6:08 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

@EllieMae it is a special scepter gifted to a monarch from their Chief Advisor when they have achieved the status of being a "Great King" or "Great Queen" and they have been very kind and generous to their people to a point that the Chief Advisor and other advisors think the monarch is worthy. It is gold and has an emerald orb at the top, secured by strands of gold wrapping around it. It signifies great power and greatness I guess. Phor's mother used to wield it, and so she has to earn it in order to get it. So yeah, it WAS being carried by an important figure until she died and now it lies in the family vault only to be taken out when a monarch is worthy. Sorry that's a lot of background but hopefully this is helpful?
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 6:10 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Thank you so much, Ant! That is exactly what I needed :D The prophecy is going to be very vague, but I wanted to make sure I hint in the right direction and didn't throw off your story!!! Thanks!!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 6:11 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Also what are we all thinking for a time frame for our story? Originally I was writing that they had four weeks, until the next full moon, to gather the objects, but I feel that may be too short? I could make it way longer- like 6 months/a year instead? Or what do you guys think you would need time wise for your tales?

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

120 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 6:20 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Hmm I think my character will need at least a month/four weeks but I feel like a year or six months is too long? I don't know about other peoples' characters though.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Mon May 27, 2024 6:21 pm
View Likes
NadyaStatham says...

I think mine needs at least a month or three, six seems a bit long though.

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 6:29 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Makes total sense! We can also set it as a month and then if you need more time you could do "flashbacks" to stuff that has happened before, or even start by telling past events :) I will def have flashbacks in mine!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

Reviews: 3
Mon May 27, 2024 7:04 pm
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

a few months sounds good!
The nickname is fine XD
And just a specific rock. That's it. :)
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 7:20 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Awesome! I will say "four weeks, until the next full moon" but feel free to use flashbacks or start in the past if you need more time :)

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 7:32 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

First post is up! Narrator stuff will be written in 'small caps' font, but the rest of my stuff for my actual OC will be normal font. Feel free to post your first posts anytime now! I will have mine up soon :)

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon May 27, 2024 7:45 pm
View Likes
Inferno says...

YESS! You got it all right for my character. SO EXCITED!!!
Don't sit down and write because you're a writer; sit down and write because you have something to say. And if the sea of ideas isn't flowing, well, just tell me about your day.
-OrabellaAvenue

292 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2024 10:07 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

The posts look so so so good so far friends! Inferno just a reminder, I recommend you add your characters name at the top of the post so we know who is speaking/who’s post that is :) @Inferno

You can use this code, or make your own design like Amaya did:

Code: Select all
[center][small-caps][b] Characters name[/b][/small-caps][/center]

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World