z

Young Writers Society

Love You, Hate You, Miss You

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:23 pm
TylynRae says...

I like this a lot. The style in general is great, its not too wordy or too simplistic. Its wonderful =]
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm
silentwords says...

Wow, this was so good! There was so much emotion, in such a short story. This was a great representation of love, and I think that everyone can relate to this in one way or another. Great work! I really enjoyed it :)
I'd like to think I'm creative... instead of just plain weird ;D

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:37 am
skwaag5233 says...

I love this essay. It shows a mature side of relationships. That a real relationship isn't a hollywood one without any problems, just love love love love love. The problems don't destroy the relationships like in hollywood. No. The happiness and the hatred combine to make love. One cannot exist without the other. If there is no happiness the hatred overtakes. If there is no hatred the happiness wears the two out of boredom. Together they make something that we cannot live without.

love.
"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past."

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

-George Carlin

Random avatar

Reviews: 88
Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 pm
Doxie00 says...

WOw ! 0_o i just loved that! Beautiful ! All those emotions are like sooo true..like they describe love perfectly....It really shows how mixed your emotions can be :) Incredible. Keep it uup girl ! =D

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Bivrax says...

I love you.

I love how you laugh, how you talk, how you smile. Sometimes seeing all of it is the highlight of my day. I love how ropy your arms are, casually slung around my shoulders; I love how your creativity explodes out of you any way that it can; I love how proud you are when the script comes out of your mouth just right. My heart swells when I see you, but I shrink back, afraid of being seen and rejected. Your friendship is priceless, your humor is timeless. I love all of it.

I hate you.

You’re insensitive, rash, immature, and plain stupid. You don’t think before you speak, setting off a war without even knowing, and you have no respect for anyone, not even yourself. I can see it when no one else is looking- you're lost in your own world, your own problems, absorbed in your ego. You’re too moody for anyone to handle, and you’re so, so childish. I have all the reason in the world to slap you, hit you, kick you; to yell at you, fight with you, scream at you. I hate all of it.

I miss you.

There’s a void where you should be. Do you remember how it felt when you lost a tooth, and where you poked your tongue, there was nothing there but slippery flesh? That emptiness- that’s how I feel when you’re not there. I need you here, to make me blush with your too-close body, to make me laugh with your wild gestures, and to make me furious with your thoughtless sharp words. You’ve become a part of my life, like the stage is, like the air I breathe is. I can’t get over you. You’re too much a part of me now. I’ll always miss you.

That’s all there is, I guess. When everything is stripped away and gone, that’s all that remains.

I love you.

I hate you.

I miss you.

The end.

The perfect summary of love, right here.

If you're not feeling this, then you're not in love.

138 Reviews

Reviews: 138
Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm
MadameLuxestrange says...

Gah! I love this! Sounds so much like love... it's amazing! I really did love this. Really. Like, seriously. :D
...or dear Bellatrix, who likes to play with her food before she eats it?
Fear makes the wolf seem bigger.
I got attacked by a swan.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:09 am
emilym1178 says...

This piece really sums up how I think a lot of people truly feel. Its a very intense feeling. I loved how raw and realistic this was. However, you may want to change the title because there is a book i read called "Love You, Hate You, Miss You." but overall this was wonderful i have no changes for you. It was really great!
go everywhere. do everything.
regret nothing.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:29 pm
Dragonette says...

This needs to be in the dictionary under the word "Love". I don't think anyone could explain "love" in a better way.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 am
Haylie says...

That's such a good way of decribing love :')
It's pretty much true.
I had one person in my head when i was reading this :')
I actually loved it.
Well done, keep writing!
Much loves xx

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 am
ChocolateMoonLight says...

hey!
You really summed up the thing that is LOVE. You just captured the true essence of it. Its passionate, beautiful, deep and plain fabulous. I love your style of writing and the way you described the three main things.
"My heart swells when I see you, but I shrink back, afraid of being seen and rejected. Your friendship is priceless, your humor is timeless. I love all of it. "

- I love these few lines particularly.They are so true, well at least in my case...

I would love to read more your works so keep writing...

-Ruhi.. :-) :-)
Spoiler! :
Checkout the different shades of sunset...
topic84708.html

Need a review??? Click here! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic87443.html#p913699%20URL%20Review%20Bar...

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm
Alexwriter says...

This summed love up really well. It was well-written and it paints a picture of the characters without the need for names or descriptions, which is something rare. I love this bit

Do you remember how it felt when you lost a tooth, and where you poked your tongue, there was nothing there but slippery flesh?

Because it's just sensation we all know and it can relate to the reader. Any grammatical issues I found have already been pointed out in other comments so I'm just going to leave you with: I loved it. You should try working on a novel.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat May 07, 2011 2:52 pm
lovethelifeulive says...

Hi!
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this! It was so down to Earth and well... true!
Thats just how love is! You wanna kill em and right before you do you wanna kiss em! So many girls know how you feel, and it is wonderful that you can express this feeling so freely and beautifully! I loved reading this, it was perfect and I appreciate a good peice like this.
Thank you so much for posting, I hope to see more work like this from you soon!
If you prick us, shall we not bleed?
If you tickle us, shall we not laugh?
If you poison us, shall we not die?
If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
The Merchants of Venice-Shakespear
Love the life u live,
and live the life u love

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat May 07, 2011 3:42 pm
Zoreo18 says...

This reminds me of my friend and her boyfriend. My friend loves him, hates him and when there far away from each other she misses him so much. This is also very true about the lovers of today. They love each other even if they have flaws, besides no ones perfect. Keep it up! Your awesome at it :)
The power of imagination makes us infinite.
-John Muir

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun May 15, 2011 3:55 am
thatoddkid says...

... Is it wrong that I laughed when I read "I love all of it. ... I hate you."?

Anyway, this is just wonderful. Simple and sweet. Love is a "profoundly tender, passionately affectionate" emotion, and you captured that perfectly. It's not melodramatic; it never tries to make me pity the narrator... or make me annoyed at them either. This is the best description of a relationship I've ever read, I'll give you that.

There are a couple of errors, but I'm too lazy to point them out (in part because someone else will, but also because they weren't really that dramatic). Small word of warning: repetition is cool, but sometimes it can weaken your story. You used it to your advantage here, so don't worry.

This is really good. I loved it. There's not much else to say.

Great job.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm
jedigeek says...

That was really good short simple and sweet. Lots of details Which is great. So yeah I really liked it !!
Having friend is like peeing your pants, every one can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)