z

Young Writers Society

You just don't listen

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed May 18, 2011 4:56 am
jedigeek says...

You Just Don't  listen 

You are perfect , perfect for me and I know it. You are everything I want in a guy and then some. You are sweet kind and loving, you mean more to me than anyone. You are handsome, with perfect looks from head to toe. I love all your quirky habits especially the one where you chew on your bottom lip when you are nervous or under pressure or your fake laugh you use when your sad. 

Though I feel this way you are with her. This breaks my heart it really does because she doesn't know you like me. She doesn't care for you like I do. When I try to prove this to you ,you don't listen if you would just listen. You will hear the sounds of silent sobs that belong to me because she's ruining you and I have to stand back and watch. 

You don't hear these things I am saying because you are blinded by her, by her lies,  her deceit  the way she treats your relationship when your not around. But you wouldn't see that would you !! Though they all talk you don't hear it!! You don't listen to them or me !! YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN 

This is really short but it was just a feeling that I needed to write about and I liked it so I decided to submit it !!!
Please review though because I want to hear feed back so I can maybe go off of this !!!

- Jedigeek
Having friend is like peeing your pants, every one can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed May 18, 2011 7:36 am
Snoink says...

Yay for submitting things that you like! :D

Okay, this may just be me, but I really, really like juicy stories full of tons of drama. For instance, when I was reading this, I was thinking, "Oh my gosh! What else does she like about him?! Do they have any personal history together?! Where did they first meet?! Do they have anything in common?!" You know, stuff like that. So, I want to have an idea of how they are as a couple so I can determine whether they would be good together or whether it would be an unadulterated disaster!

Similarly, I want to know all the story with his girlfriend, aka the evil succubus. What exactly makes her so awful? How does she lie to him? Deceive him? Is she cheating on him? With whom? Why? Those sorts of details would help me figure out whether I can truly hate his girlfriend or not... and also it would deepen the level of hate that I have for such a woman, were she to be really bad, lol. But yeah! I would definitely like to see how she is ruining him.

I also want to see why he lets her... I mean, obviously you don't know exactly why because it's not in his perspective. But, I want to know your main character's thoughts on how he would allow himself to be in such an abusive relationship.

Anyway, those are just a couple of thoughts. :) Keep writing!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed May 18, 2011 1:32 pm
View Likes
MiRaCLeS says...

This seems like a really short story. I feel as though, it's not totally complete. The whole story isn't told yet.

I think that this story has the potential to be turned into something longer. Like Snoink said, why is 'she' so bad? What did she do? Why doesn't he know this? What makes him so blind? Tell us more, give us some sort of insight into their daily lives.

I'd also like to touch a bit on your grammar. Particularly towards the end.

jedigeek wrote:You don't hear these things I am saying because you are blinded by her, by her lies, her deceit. The way she treats your relationship when your not around. But you wouldn't see that would you !! Though they all talk you don't hear it!! You don't listen to them or me !! YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN

You need a full stop there. I noticed that you used double exclamation marks, I don't think they're needed. They look a bit excessive and over-theatrical. One exclamation mark is fine. Also, the all caps. I'm not really a big fan of them. I know you're trying to make is feels as though it's begin shouted from frustration. But I don't think that capitalisation is the way. I'd try to create the impact with the phrasing of words rather than capitalisation.

So, I'd like to end by saying that I think you can definitely put more into this story. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Wed May 18, 2011 6:51 pm
ahmedBurooj says...

jedigeek wrote:You Just Don't listen

You are perfect , perfect for me and I know it. You are everything I want in a guy and then some. You are sweet kind and loving, you mean more to me than anyone. You are handsome, with perfect looks from head to toe. I love all your quirky habits especially the one where you chew on your bottom lip when you are nervous or under pressure or your fake laugh you use when your sad.

Though I feel this way you are with her. This breaks my heart it really does because she doesn't know you like me. She doesn't care for you like I do. When I try to prove this to you ,you don't listen if you would just listen. You will hear the sounds of silent sobs that belong to me because she's ruining you and I have to stand back and watch.

You don't hear these things I am saying because you are blinded by her, by her lies, her deceit the way she treats your relationship when your not around. But you wouldn't see that would you !! Though they all talk you don't hear it!! You don't listen to them or me !! YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN

This is really short but it was just a feeling that I needed to write about and I liked it so I decided to submit it !!!
Please review though because I want to hear feed back so I can maybe go off of this !!!

- Jedigeek
(i like it, but i think it gets a tad too aggressive at the end, and abruptly ends the sad flow that you had)
Why can't we have drops of sunshine, and rays of rain?

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Noelle says...

My corrections are in red.

jedigeek wrote:
You Just Don't listen

You are perfect , perfect for me and I know it. You are everything I want in a guy and then some. You are sweet, kind and loving; you mean more to me than anyone. You are handsome, with perfect looks from head to toe. I love all your quirky habits; especially the one where you chew on your bottom lip when you are nervous or under pressure or your fake laugh you use when your sad.

Though I feel this way, you are with her. This breaks my heart it really does because she doesn't know you like me. (awkward sentence, maybe break it up into two?) She doesn't care for you like I do. When I try to prove this to you ,you don't listen if you would just listen. You will hear the sounds of silent sobs that belong to me because she's ruining you and I have to stand back and watch.

You don't hear these things I am saying because you are blinded by her, by her lies, her deceit, the way she treats your relationship when your not around. But you wouldn't see that would you !! Though they all talk you don't hear it!! You don't listen to them or me !! YOU JUST DON'T LISTENYou just don't listen!

I really like the premise of this story. There are some grammer mistakes I fixed and a couple sentences just seem awkward. If you fix those couple of things it will be great! Keep writing.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu May 19, 2011 2:43 am
View Likes
rememberme says...

Raw emotion is just spilling from your poem. Honestly love, there wasn't enough.. detail or description. I see where your coming from on this, and the feelings very known to me trust me. But make that feeling known to the readers. Sit down and think about every emotion you feel when you see her with him, all the things that flow through you, all the thoughts. Then write it out. Just like drawing you have to sketch it before you get a final peice and I believe the same rule applys to writing. You have skill it seeps through your words, but you need to use all your skill. I think you let your emotions get the best of you, you seemed angry when writing this? Go back and revise it, it's pretty now but make it dashing darling(;.
All my love,
-Rememberme

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 19, 2011 5:02 am
View Likes
jedigeek says...

Thank you !!!
Having friend is like peeing your pants, every one can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451