z

Young Writers Society

Bliss: the Chronicles of Charlie and Logan part 2 (edited)

138 Reviews

Reviews: 138
Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:27 am
MadameLuxestrange says...

Okie-dokie guys, here's my expansion. My sincerest apologies that it took so long to get out; between my homework and my evil parents taking my computer away from me, I've just been busy. Anyway, I know a lot of you wanted me to give more of a 'what happened before the prom' look at the story, but I decided to go with what happens after Charlie and Logan get reunited. Hope you enjoy! Don't worry though, I plan to come up with a prequel look at the story!
Later gators!
~Luxy :P
Bliss.

This is a word I have come to know. I suppose it was in search of true bliss that I found Logan. But even after I'd found him, our journey was far from over. We had so many things to contend with: our ten-year age difference, my family and Lea, and the most frightening of all- Lisa and Asher. No matter what, we would always have each other. Life would never be the same for us.

The warmth of Logan's lips against mine made my entire body feel alive again. It was as if all the months of walking around in a shell of myself were melting away. They were melting away to reveal me. The me I was before Logan left. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let out a sigh of pleasure as he trailed kisses down my collarbone. His teeth grazed the soft skin at the top of my breasts, sending jolts of electricity down my spine.

"Whoa!" I laughed as he lifted me off the ground and spun around in a circle. His familiar grin lit up his whole face and I pressed my lips to his again.

"I love you Charlie," he murmured, still holding me in the safety of his arms. "I hope you know that."

"I don't know how I could've doubted you," I smiled. Logan sat back down in one of the library's armchairs with me on his lap. Our foreheads rested against the other and I closed my eyes, basking in the moment. Tears pricked at the back of my eyes. "And I'm so sorry," I choked. A wave of emotion hit me like a brick. "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you about the baby. There was a part of me that was afraid that you would reject me again. But then I realized that what I was most afraid of was you rejecting our baby Our daughter. Addison." I began to cry harder.

Logan put one of his hands on my cheek and the other on my bulging stomach. "Char," he began. "Listen to me." He used his thumb to wipe some of my tears away. "Are you listening?" I kept my head bent and wept silently. Tipping my chin up, he kissed me softly. I lifted my eyes to look into his. His dark eyes that I had fallen in love with. "Now are you listening?" he asked. I nodded, a few stray tears falling onto Logan's arm. "Good," he said with a crooked grin.

"Sorry," I muttered. "The joys of pregnancy hormones, you know?"

Shaking his head, Logan laughed. "I'm glad that I don't know those joys," he chuckled. His face returned to serious. "I did have the right to know. You shouldn't have hidden the fact that I had fathered a child. But I should've stck by you. I should've figured something out, rather than tuck my tail between my legs and run." He ran his hands through my hair and his voice grew weak. "Charlotte Montgomery, I promise to love you until forever ends."

I bit my lip. "I'm going to hold you to that, Logan Miller." I pressed my hands against his chest and let him kiss me hard. He nibbled on my bottom lip and his hands fingered for the zipper on my prom dress. I let my dress fall down to reveal my lacy crimson bra.

Suddenly, the doors to the library were flung open. I was scared it might have been the police that were patrolling the prom, but it was worse. Asher burst through the doors with Lea behind him.

"Who the fuck is this? And what is he doing with his hands all over my girlfriend?" he shouted, his face enraged. I jumped off of Logan's lap and pulled my dress back up. Logan placed a hand on my shoulder protectively.

"Asher!" Lea screamed, placing herself in front of Logan and me. "I told you to stay out of here!"

"Asher, I can expalin!" I started, putting my hands up.

"What is there to explain?" he shouted, glaring at Logan with his bloodshot eyes. "I saw you! You were all over him!"

"Asher," I said. "You've got to understand something! I love him. I love Logan!" I stared at Asher who was still boring his eyes into Logan's. They were locked in a deadly staring match. "Asher! For Christ's sake would you pay attention to me?"

He kept on staring at Logan for another minute and the whole room was covered in a tension-filled silence. Lea was inching around behind Asher, making sure he wasn't going to blow a gasket. Finally, Asher broke the staring match and looked at me with a look that was filled with malice. "So you love him?" he laughed darkly. "He's got to be at least ten years older than us!" I stood my ground and he shook his head. "Well, it doesn't matter! The baby is still mine! You're still tied to me!" He looked back at Logan with triumph.

"Asher," I said, my voice shaking. "The baby... the baby isn't yours. She's Logan's." I watched his face fall and his mouth opened angrily. "I'm so sorry, Asher. I'm sorry-"

He let out a single laugh before turning back to Logan. "What did she tell you? Huh?" Logan stepped in front of me and gave Asher a threatening look. "Did she tell you that she would be with you forever? That she would love you?"

"I find it very hard to believe she said anything close to that to you," Logan shot back, his voice cold as ice.

Asher grinned. "Yeah. You're right. She told me that she liked it rough. She liked getting doped up for... fun," he slurred. Lea, who was still behind him, practically let out a hiss of rage.

"You really don't want to go down that road," Logan warned him in a voice that I hardly recognized. His voice was almost a growl and it was like a dormant volcano getting ready to burst after years of being silent.

I decided I had to do something. Stepping out from behind Logan, I placed myself between them both. "That's enough. Both of you need to chill out." I turned to face Asher. "Asher, I don't know what to say to you."

"Yeah, whore?" he yelled, rolling up his sleeves. My eyes widened. "Well, I say that you're going down!" He launched himself at me with his fists first. I didn't even have time to react. I was taken down to the floor in a second. Asher's fist met my face and I felt blood trickle out of my mouth. The weight of Asher's body on my pregnant stomach made me scream. Inside me, I felt something tear. Another punch to my jaw sent my head into the sharp corner of a coffee table. More pain flooded my system and the vision in my right eye turned red with blood that trickled down my forehead. I heard Logan trying to grab a hold of Asher as he flailed around on top of me, slamming his elbow into my throat. Air flooded out of my lungs.

"Get the hell off of her!" Logan thundered, finally able to rip Asher off of me. The sounds of them crashing into the bookshelves filled my ears and I reached my hand up to my forehead, feeling warm blood and a deep gash at my hairline. With deep gasps, air made its way into my lungs. I coughed and blood sprayed from my mouth.

"Charlie!" Lea cried. She knelt down beside me, cradling my head in her arms. "Hold on, Char," she said, fumbling with her cell phone that she pulled out of her clutch. Punching the numbers into her phone, she hollered, "We need an ambulance at the Felt Mansion! Now!" She began to cry. "My friend is hurt!" She paused, listening to the emergency operator. "She's pregnant, and- I can't tell- I don't know if she's- I can't tell if she's gone into early labor or not!" She held my head in her hands, and with her voice shaking, she said, "I'm going to go get the police! I'll be right back! Hold on hon!" She hurried out of the room as quickly as she could.

The sound of Logan and Asher beating the crap out of each other was not making my premature labor any easily. I felt myself fading from concuisness. My dress was soaked with blood and fluids and I was still gasping for air. I was panicking. What if my baby was hurt? What if she didn't make it? All I could think about was my baby.

I tilted my head to the right and saw Logan holding Asher against a bookcase, his hands closed around his neck. Asher proceeded to bring his hand up and slam it into Logan's nose. Grunting, Logan fell backward, leaving an opening for Asher.

Another jolt of agonizing pain caused me to let out another scream. As if on cue, Lea and three police officers burst into the room. One of the officers rushed to my side and began checking my pulse. "Charlotte, can you hear me?" he asked, checking the cuts on my head. The other two officers had gone to break Logan and Asher up and I heard them shouting. Glass shattered.

"Charlotte?" the officer repeated. "Charlotte, can you talk?"

I nodded. "My baby," I coughed, getting blood all over his uniform.

"The paramedics are on their way. Your baby is going to be just fine," he responded. "Miss?" he called.

"What do you need me to do?" Lea's terrified voice asked.

"Stay here with her. I've got to get him there taken into the station," he grumbled, getting off the ground and going to help the other two officers with the crazed Asher.

"Hold on, Charlie," she whispered, stroking my hair. "Hold on."

"Logan..." I gurgled through the blood that was in my mouth.

"I'm right here," he said, kneeling next to Lea. He took my small cold hand in his large warm one. I looked up at his face. He had a bloody lip, a bruise forming around his left eye, and cuts on his arms from the broken glass.

"I'm sorry," I gasped.

Pulling my head into his lap, he kissed my forehead softly. "Stop that." He checked the gash on my head and made sure there was nothing in it. "You need to calm down," he said, trying to keep himself calm at the same time. "This will make everything worse if you don't calm down." He was the doctor in training after all.

"Don't go anywhere," I coughed, spitting out blood from my mouth.

"I'm not leaving you. I told you I wouldn't," he whispered. "You'll be fine. You and Addison. You'll both be fine.

Bliss.
The moment I found Logan was the moment I found bliss. The moment we met Addison, our daughter, was when we both found bliss together. She brought us closer together than ever. But our journey was still not over. Our relationship always had risks. Now more than ever probably. But we would always have each other. Through everything, we would always have bliss.
Last edited by MadameLuxestrange on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 pm
Piper says...

OK, two things. One, you spelled Stuck wrong. Two, it seems kinda weird that Asher would just start attaking Charlie. He just walkes in, starts swearing and punches her. I know she was cheating on him, but I would think he would be more upset than angry at first, and more careful around the kid he thinks is his. Other than that it was great.
Cats are like characters. You may say they're yours, but in reality, they own you. ~Me

You can take away all the arts you want, but soon, the children won't have anything to read or write about. ~Glen Holland

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:50 am
View Likes
SporkPunk says...

Luxy!

I must say that I think it's amazing that you've kept the nickname I gave ya. That's pretty awesome. :D Anyway, within the spoiler is my full-text review. Grammar/spelling/technical beasties are in red, word choice is in green, and my commentary is in purple. : )

Spoiler! :
Bliss.

This is a word I have come to know. I suppose it was in search of true bliss that I found Logan. But even after I'd found him, our journey was far from over. We had so many things to contend with: our ten-year age difference, my family and Lea, and the most frightening of all- LisaWho's Lisa? I only remember Lea. and Asher. No matter what, we would always have each other. Life would never be the same for us.

The warmth of Logan's lips against mine made my entire body feel alive again. It was as if all the months of walking around in a shell of myself were melting away. They were melting away to reveal me. The me I was before Logan left. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let out a sigh of pleasure as he trailed kisses down my collarbone. His teeth grazed the soft skin at the top of my breasts, sending jolts of electricity down my spine.

"Whoa!" I laughed as he lifted me off the ground and spun around in a circle. His familiar grin lit up his whole face and I pressed my lips to his again.

"I love you Charlie," he murmured, still holding me in the safety of his arms. "I hope you know that."

"I don't know how I could've doubted you," I smiled. Logan sat back down in one of the library's armchairs with me on his lap. Our foreheads rested against the other and I closed my eyes, basking in the moment. Tears pricked at the back of my eyes. "And I'm so sorry," I choked. A wave of emotion hit me like a brick. "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you about the baby. There was a part of me that was afraid that you would reject me again. But then I realized that what I was most afraid of was you rejecting our baby. Our daughter. Addison." I began to cry harder.

Logan put one of his hands on my cheek and the other on my bulging stomach. "Char," he began. "Listen to me." He used his thumb to wipe some of my tears away. "Are you listening?" I kept my head bent and wept silently. Tipping my chin up, he kissed me softly. I lifted my eyes to look into his. His dark eyes that I had fallen in love with. "Now are you listening?" he asked. I nodded, a few stray tears falling onto Logan's arm. "Good," he said with a crooked grin. Okay, so you have these medium sized paragraphs with dialogue buried throughout. I don't really, personally, like its structure. I'd suggest making the dialogue more conspicuous.

Shaking his head, Logan laughed. "I'm glad that I don't know those joys," he chuckled. His face returned to serious. "I did have the right to know. You shouldn't have hidden the fact that I had fathered a child. But I should've stuck by you. I should've figured something out, rather than tuck my tail between my legs and run." He ran his hands through my hair and his voice grew weak. "Charlotte Montgomery, I promise to love you until forever ends."

I bit my lip. "I'm going to hold you to that, Logan Miller." I pressed my hands against his chest and let him kiss me hard. He nibbled on my bottom lip and his hands fingered for the zipper on my prom dress. I let my dress fall down to reveal my lacy crimson bra.

Suddenly, the doors to the library were flung open to reveal Asher with Lea behind him. "Who the fuck is this? And what is he doing with his hands all over my girlfriend?" he shouted, his face enraged. I jumped off of Logan's lap and pulled my dress back up. Logan placed a hand on my shoulder protectively.

"Asher!" Lea screamed, placing herself in front of Logan and me. "I told you to stay out of here!"

"Asher, I can explain!" I started, putting my hands up. "Can you just calm down for a second?"

"What is there to explain?" he shouted, glaring at Logan with his bloodshot eyes. "I saw you! You were all over him!"

"Asher," I said. "You've got to understand something! I love him. I love Logan!" I stared at Asher who was still boring his eyes into Logan's. They were locked in a deadly staring match. "Asher! For Christ's sake would you pay attention to me?"

He kept on staring at Logan for another minute and the whole room was covered in a tension-filled silence. Lea was inching around behind Asher, making sure he wasn't going to blow a gasket. Finally, Asher broke the staring match and looked at me with a look that was filled with malice. "So you love him?" he laughed darkly. "He's got to be at least ten years older than us!" I stood my ground and he shook his head. "Well, it doesn't matter! The baby is still mine! You're still tied to me!" He looked back at Logan with triumph.

"Asher," I said, my voice shaking. "The baby... the baby isn't yours. She's Logan's." I watched his face fall and his mouth opened angrily. "I'm so sorry, Asher. I'm sorry-"

He let out a single laugh before turning back to Logan. "What did she tell you? Huh?" Logan stepped in front of me and gave Asher a threatening look. "Did she tell you that she would be with you forever? That she would love you?"

"I find it very hard to believe she said anything close to that to you," Logan shot back, his voice cold as ice.

Asher grinned. "Yeah. You're right. She told me that she liked it rough. She liked getting doped up for... fun," he slurred. Lea, who was still behind him, practically let out a hiss of rage.

"You really don't want to go down that road," Logan warned him in a voice that I hardly recognized. His voice was almost a growl and it was like a dormant volcano getting ready to burst after years of being silent.

I decided I had to do something. Stepping out from behind Logan, I placed myself between them both. "That's enough. Both of you need to chill out." To me, this bit of dialogue doesn't fit. It seems too calm to be realistic, you know? I turned to face Asher. "Asher, I don't know what to say to you."

"Yeah, whore?" he yelled, rolling up his sleeves. My eyes widened. "Well, I say that you're going down!" He launched himself at me with his fists first. I didn't even have time to react. I was taken down to the floor in a second. Asher's fist met my face and I felt blood trickle out of my mouth. The weight of Asher's body on my pregnant stomach made me scream. Inside me, I felt something tear. Another punch to my jaw sent my head into the sharp corner of a coffee table. More pain flooded my system and the vision in my right eye turned red with blood that trickled down my forehead. I heard Logan trying to grab a hold of Asher as he flailed around on top of me, slamming his elbow into my throat. Air flooded out of my lungs. I like this description. It made me cringe as I read it. That's a good thing, means you got your point across. xD

"Get the hell off of her!" Logan thundered, finally able to rip Asher off of me. The sounds of them crashing into the bookshelves filled my ears and I reached my hand up to my forehead, feeling warm blood and a deep gash at my hairline. With deep gasps, air made its way into my lungs. I coughed and blood sprayed from my mouth.

"Charlie!" Lea cried. She knelt down beside me, cradling my head in her arms. "Hold on, Char," she said, fumbling with her cell phone that she pulled out of her clutch. Punching the numbers into her phone, she hollered, "We need an ambulance at the Felt Mansion! Now!" She began to cry. "My friend is hurt and she's going in to early labor!" Don't you think Lea is jumping to conclusions? I mean, how would she even know? She held my head in her hands, and with her voice shaking, she said, "I'm going to go get the police! I'll be right back! Hold on hon!" She hurried out of the room as quickly as she could.

The sound of Logan and Asher beating the crap out of each other was not making my premature labor any easily. I felt myself fading from consciousness. My dress was soaked with blood and fluids and I was still gasping for air. I was panicking. What if my baby was hurt? What if she didn't make it? I would italicize this part, since it's her thoughts. All I could think about was my baby.

I tilted my head to the right and saw Logan holding Asher against a bookcase, his hands closed around his neck. Asher proceeded to bring his hand up and slam it into Logan's nose. Grunting, Logan fell backward, leaving an opening for Asher.

Another jolt of agonizing pain caused me to let out another scream. As if on cue, Lea and three police officers burst into the room. Reading the paragraphs, it seems like the cops would have arrived really, REALLY fast. Unless of course they were already at the premises? One of the officers rushed to my side and began checking my pulse. "Charlotte, can you hear me?" he asked, checking the cuts on my head. The other two officers had gone to break Logan and Asher up and I heard them shouting. Glass shattered.

"The paramedics are on their way. Your baby is going to be just fine," he responded. "Miss?" he called.

"Stay here with her. I've got to get Asher there taken into the station," he grumbled, getting off the ground and going to help the other two officers with the crazed Asher. Wait, how do they know his name?

"I'm right here," he said, kneeling next to Lea. He took my small cold hand in his large warm one. I looked up at his face. He had a bloody lip, a bruise forming around his left eye, and cuts on his arms from the broken glass.

"I'm sorry," I gasped.

Pulling my head into his lap, he kissed my forehead softly. "Stop that." He checked the gash on my head and made sure there was nothing in it. "You need to calm down," he said, trying to keep himself calm at the same time. "This will make everything worse if you don't calm down." He was the doctor in training after all.

"I'm not leaving you. I told you I wouldn't," he whispered. "You'll be fine. You and Addison. You'll both be fine."

Bliss.
The moment I found Logan was the moment I found bliss. The moment we met Addison, our daughter, was when we both found bliss together. She brought us closer together than ever. But our journey was still not over. Our relationship always had risks. Now more than ever probably. But we would always have each other. Through everything, we would always have bliss.

For my actual comments:

Technical Shtuff
So this is pretty good. There were a few places where there was a word misspelled, or a quotation mark missing. Nothing major, you can improve though. My recommendation would be thoroughly proofreading, such as reading your piece aloud. I know it sounds silly, but it will make possible mistakes apparent that otherwise may have been unnoticeable.

Content Shtuff
I love this premise, your overall plot. Is there going to be a continuation? That would be great. : ) However, there were a few issues where things seemed on the far-fetched side. I think those, however, are your call. It's your story. I just want to point out that some things are starting to seem a little implausible. Just something to think about.

Overall
I like it. I really do. :) Your grammar is mostly wonderful, and your storyline is engaging. I love it. I think with a little work, this could be brilliant.

Keep on truckin'
Sporks
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 pm
View Likes
aweqs says...

Once again, a great piece of writing :D
I really enjoyed it :)

Kepp writing please!
-Ava

/Isha:/= To be honest, we are talking about mostly nothing which in its own essence is something. But somethingness can't be nothing if there isn't nothing in the first place. So really, we're talking about meaningly somethingness that's technically caused by nothingness.

The Smiley Spammer

Reviews: 1
Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm
birdiegirl42 says...

ok, that was great. i loved the descriptive words you used to really give the story a strong effect. minor spelling problems but nothing to bad. I'd try to stay a little more consistent with the names though, Logan calls her Charlie, Char, and Charlotte and it makes it a little confusing at first. I think you should choose one nickname and then her real name for serious moments. Other than that i thought it was great and can't wait to read more!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:04 pm
ASH1397 says...

AAH! I swear if you don't kill Asher i will! You have some serious skills on you, chick! Yet again: don't leave me hanging! I do think that you could go somewhere with this one too; it makes me wonder how the baby brings them closer together, what happens to Asher and whether or not he is plotting revenge. I wonder if Charlie survives child birth in a good condition or if she gets shaken up and has problems but survives. GIVE ME MORE PLEASE! You're seriously good at this, and thanks for letting me know when you posted this new one! Keep it coming!

Continue your creativity----

ASH
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:35 pm
LiveLaughLove says...

Hey! Srry i'm soooooo late, but i've pretty busy. Anyways, I liked it. It was really good, you've got great talent. You leave me speechless again. (As in I can't find anything to complain about.) So good job and let me know when you starting writing again.
Sierra :mrgreen:
If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music.
Thomas Carlyle

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 pm
renttwin12 says...

Absolutely wonderful! I will also question why he would attack Charlie, who is pregnant, rather than going after Logan who has stolen his girlfriends heart. It doesn't make much sense to go after Charlie because first of all, he loved/loves her, and second of all, not many people stoop low enough to maliciously attack a pregnant woman. I don't know, just a suggestion :) I also wanted to question why she was spitting up blood, cause it never said she had internal bleeding. That would be the only way she would spit up blood. Other than that, I loved it. The gory parts made me cringe a little and that's good, because you can get a reaction out of your reader. :) Keep it up! Can't wait to read more! <3 Rent
There's only now, there's only here. Give into love, or live in fear. ~Jonathan Larson's RENT

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:59 am
Meep(: says...

Whoa, it takes a really deplorable creature to attack a pregnant woman, especially one so advanced in her pregnancy. I assume that his culpability is diminished by alcohol?
I hope you'll continue this story, otherwise I'd have to say that it has too much resolution, no conflict. So far, we mostly read about her reunion with Logan, but not so much of the troubles they'll face or had faced.
I'm still curious as to how they met, as I previously mentioned in part 1.

Nevertheless, this was a pleasant story to read because you managed to make the love between Logan and Charlotte realistic. However, it still needs to be reinforced, for example through telling us how Logan came to the decision to choose her over Lisa.

Keep up the good work! :)
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:58 am
hockeyfan87 says...

luxevampwolfwithwand wrote:Okie-dokie guys, here's my expansion. My sincerest apologies that it took so long to get out; between my homework and my evil parents taking my computer away from me, I've just been busy. Anyway, I know a lot of you wanted me to give more of a 'what happened before the prom' look at the story, but I decided to go with what happens after Charlie and Logan get reunited. Hope you enjoy! Don't worry though, I plan to come up with a prequel look at the story!
Later gators!
~Luxy :P
Bliss.

This is a word I have come to know. I suppose it was in search of true bliss that I found Logan. But even after I'd found him, our journey was far from over. We had so many things to contend with: our ten-year age difference, my family and Lea, and the most frightening of all- Lisa and Asher. No matter what, we would always have each other. Life would never be the same for us.

"Whoa!" I laughed commaas he lifted me off the ground and spun around in a circle. His familiar grin lit up his whole face and I pressed my lips to his again.

"I don't know how I could've doubted you," I smiled. Logan sat back down in one of the library's armchairs with me on his lap. Our foreheads rested against the other and I closed my eyes, basking in the moment. Tears pricked at the back of my eyes. "And I'm so sorry," I choked. A wave of emotion hit me like a brick. "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you about the baby. There was a part of me that was afraid that you would reject me again. But then I realized that what I was most afraid of was you rejecting our babyperiod or commaa Our daughter. Addison." I began to cry harder.

Logan put one of his hands on my cheek and the other on my bulging stomach. "Char," he began. "Listen to me.comma" He used his thumb to wipe some of my tears away. "Are you listening?" I kept my head bent and wept silently. Tipping my chin up, he kissed me softly. I lifted my eyes to look into his. His dark eyes that I had fallen in love with. "Now are you listening?" he asked. I nodded, a few stray tears falling onto Logan's arm. "Good," he said with a crooked grin.

Shaking his head, Logan laughed. "I'm glad that I don't know those joys," he chuckled. His face returned to serious. "I did have the right to know. You shouldn't have hidden the fact that I had fathered a child. But I should've stckstuck by you. I should've figured something out, rather than tuck my tail between my legs and run." He ran his hands through my hair and his voice grew weak. "Charlotte Montgomery, I promise to love you until forever ends."

Suddenly, the doors to the library were flung open. I was scared it might have been the police that were patrolling the prom, but it was worse. Asher burst through the doors with Lea behind him.

"Who the fuck is this? And what is he doing with his hands all over my girlfriend?" he shouted, his face enraged. I jumped off of Logan's lap and pulled my dress back up. Logan placed a hand on my shoulder protectively.

"Asher, I can expalin!" I started, putting my hands up.

"You really don't want to go down that road," Logan warned comma and delete himhim in a voice that I hardly recognized. His voice was almost a growl and it was like a dormant volcano getting ready to burst after years of being silent.

I decided I had to do something. Stepping out from behind Logan, I placed myself between them both. "That's enough. Both of you need to chill out." I turned to face Asher. "Asher, I don't know what to say to you."

"Yeah, whore?" he yelled, rolling up his sleeves. My eyes widened. "Well, I say that you're going down!" He launched himself at me with his fists first. I didn't even have time to react. I was taken down to the floor in a second. Asher's fist met my face and I felt blood trickle out of my mouth. The weight of Asher's body on my pregnant stomach made me scream. Inside me, I felt something tear. Another punch to my jaw sent my head into the sharp corner of a coffee table. More pain flooded my system and the vision in my right eye turned red with blood that trickled down my forehead. I heard Logan trying to grab a hold of Asher as he flailed around on top of me, slamming his elbow into my throat. Air flooded out of my lungs.

"Get the hell off of her!" Logan thundered, finally able to rip Asher off of me. The sounds of them crashing into the bookshelves filled my ears and I reached my hand up to my forehead, feeling warm blood and a deep gash at my hairline. With deep gasps, air made its way into my lungs. I coughedcomma and blood sprayed from my mouth.

"Charlie!" Lea cried. She knelt down beside me, cradling my head in her arms. "Hold on, Char," she said, fumbling with her cell phone that she pulled out of her clutch. Punching the numbers into her phone, she hollered, "We need an ambulance at the Felt Mansion! Now!" She began to cry. "My friend is hurt!" She paused, listening to the emergency operator. "She's pregnant, and- I can't tell- I don't know if she's- I can't tell if she's gone into early labor or not!" She held my head in her hands, and with her voice shaking, she said, "I'm going to go get the police! I'll be right back! Hold on hon!" She hurried out of the room as quickly as she could.

The sound of Logan and Asher beating the crap out of each other was not making my premature labor any easily. I felt myself fading from concuisness. My dress was soaked with blood and fluids and I was still gasping for air. I was panicking. What if my baby was hurt? What if she didn't make it? All I could think about was my baby.

Another jolt of agonizing pain caused me to let out another scream. As if on cue, Lea and three police officers burst into the room. One of the officers rushed to my side and began checking my pulse. "Charlotte, can you hear me?" he asked, checking the cuts on my head. The other two officers had gone to break Logan and Asher up and I heard them shouting. Glass shattered.

"Stay here with her. I've got to get him there taken into the station," he grumbled, getting off the ground and going to help the other two officers with the crazed Asher.

"I'm sorry," I gasped.

"I'm not leaving you. I told you I wouldn't," he whispered. "You'll be fine. You and Addison. You'll both be fine.

Bliss.

Overall
I really liked this chapter.....a lot. Lots of action and I already read chapter 3 so I know what happens so I'm happy I dont have to be in suspense haha. Really good. PM me when Chpter4 is out. Jenn
when you grow up you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair and isnt wearing a black cape and easy to spot Lots of Love Jenn

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 am
AllieMeadows says...

Omg I am completely in love with your story. It is amazing. The emotion is high and fast paced. I can't wait to read the next part. You have a real gift when it comes to emotions. Keep up tue good work and keep writing. My only nitpick is that I want to khow the backstory of charlie and Logan but that's it.
Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead :o <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 pm
lele253isme says...

I loved it. It was sad and I felt jolts of pain myself. words can do that to you, you know? I loved it. keep writing. And this isn't review motive.

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert