z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aleth clenched his jaw. They both knew better than to let anyone see their scars. Maybe he should just kill both of them. He shook the thought away. Tadaaki still didn't know anything about his operations, even though he could tell Loquitur of Aleth's treatment of them. But, he tended to be quieter than Ky. Smarter. Tadaaki simply bowed his head and did as he was told; kept his mouth shut in situations that didn't concern him. Ky was too clever for her own good. She needed to be removed from the equation before he left.

"I suppose that's good," Aleth said dryly. "Doesn't make it hurt less."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:01 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It certainly doesn't." Alexander frowned at the stitching.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:11 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aleth was silent for a moment, trying to think of his options. He felt feverish, brain muddled and sluggish as he tried to contemplate everything. The physician was trying to protect Ky and Tadaaki for some reason, but he had told Ky she could get disinfectant in the infirmary, so they were probably keeping them there.

He just needed to figure out how to get a blade.

And hope that she didn't wake up when he walked in. Ordinarily, he wouldn't mind either way. He could just smother her or break her neck. But he wasn't in any state to do that, and he doubted her fear of him was enough for her not to fight him if he tried that. So, a dagger. Quick. To the point.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:25 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh gosh this is gonna be bad. At least Tomhas said he would lock the door)

Alexander worked in silence for a time, focused on the task at hand.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(haha I can't decide if he's actually gonna try it or not, just a terrible, terrible human)

Aleth tried to figure out how he could get more information without raising any alarms with Alexander. He obviously couldn't ask if he was to be guarded -- or if Tadaaki and Ky would have a locked room tonight -- or where he could get his hands on a dagger. Any of those things would be far too obvious.

"I suppose I should thank you for patching me up," he said at last, uncomfortable with the length of the silence.

And curse Tarr for the damage in the first place. He'd need to arrange for his assassination, eventually.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:43 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I find most people don't bother thanking me for doing me job," Alexander said simply. He finished off the last of the stitches. "I'm going to bind your chest, now. You have multiple broken ribs and I don't want you to heal wrong."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Wonderful," Aleth sighed, cringing as he straightened his back a bit. "Have you been doing this long?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I have been employed here since I was seventeen. I am in my twenties, now." He unrolled the gauze and began to wrap.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Haha omg no idea why but I had this image of him being a little old man)

“Sounds like you’ve had practice then.” Aleth got suddenly light headed and wobbled.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:43 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(So do I honestly cuz in the present day he's in his fifties)

Alexander caught him. "Quite a bit, yes."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:58 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"How long until I don't need fucking help to sit up?" Aleth had his eyes screwed shut and jaw clenched. This was humiliating. Relying on the help of a mere boy, barely half his age. Unable to take care of him. To discipline his slaves.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:00 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You should be able to walk unaided tomorrow, but you'll still be weak. Especially with the diet." Alex tutted. "I advised against sending you out today, but I would advise against sending you out at all for a week if Lord Loquitur weren't so set on this mission."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:04 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Loquitur seems set on a lot of things," Aleth snapped. Like, thoroughly humiliating him. And beating him senseless. And stealing his slaves. He wobbled again, but put his hands down to steady himself... a bit. His brain still felt so muddled. "Where's Ky?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I told you I don't know," Alex reminded him mildly. "Stay put; I'm not done."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:30 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aleth still didn't believe him, but there was very little he could do about it. Alexander had no reason to fear him as his own servants did, and it wasn't like he was in any state at all to be threatening anyone.

His breathing was labored. Brain too clouded to think of anything useful to say. "Ow."

[they/he]

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain