z

Young Writers Society

Beyond the Darkness

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu May 12, 2022 3:17 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"All...save a few." He spoke those words with a bit more care. "All of those who the murderer could get his hands on, that is." His eyes were fixed on Tarkin's, but his staff was ready.

(I know I had him carry a saber before but electrostaffs can be used against both sabers and blasters so I'll just have that as his main weapon)
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu May 12, 2022 3:19 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Awesome)

Tarkin eyed him, brow furrowed. That explained some things, if this fellow was Force-sensitive. "Why don't you bring a tree down on me now, if you can use the Force?" he pointed out.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:25 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Because I'm curious now." He leaned forward, his boot heel digging harder into the man's chest, who still was terrified and didn't make a sound. "What do you want this rat for? What value does he have to the Rebellion, or should I say, against the count?"
He'd only found out about his prisoner's involvements with the Empire by chance. His original reason was that his quarry had wronged the local spice lords in a massive trade that resulted in millions of credits lost. He had been hired specifically for the job and hadn't just picked it up from a posting somewhere.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:28 am
Ljungtroll says...

"That's classified." Tarkin's finger hovered over the trigger. "He's Imperial; isn't that reason enough?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:32 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Not reason enough to rob me of my credibility, payment, and a little revenge." The sharp point of his staff hovered closer to his downed prey. If Tarkin wanted to succeed, he'd have to change his tactics. Vague reasons weren't enough to convince him. The Empire wouldn't be much more than a thorn in his side if it wasn't for the one leading it.

(wonder if Grievous is still alive or if he got yeeted)

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:35 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Probably still alive)

Tarkin sighed. "Fine, then. Who is paying you? How much?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:41 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Classified." He grinned, mocking Tarkin's words from a moment ago. "It's not just the money, I could lose my head as well. Does this coward have any information against the count that may motivate me to turn him over to his enemies?"

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:42 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Certainly. But again, it's classified." Tarkin paused. "The Rebellion will double whatever your employers offered you if you give him to me alive."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:50 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Sirejj thought about that. His payment was hefty. While his pride wanted him to disagree, who's side was he truly on? Just because he had a personal vendetta against Dooku didn't mean he was any friends of fools and former Jedi. But he hated one side considerably more. "I'm still not convinced you can deliver, seventy thousand doubled is a painful amount for your little ragtag group of freedom fighters."

(also yeah if Grievous is still hanging around Sirejj is even more mad because it was him and Dooku that attacked Dathomir and committed mass genocide against his people)

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:52 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Ahh excellent)

"I can speak with my superiors now," Tarkin offered. Palpatine still had funds to drain; might be able to cover the cost. He'd find out soon.

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:57 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Something didn't sit right with this deal. There were a hundred and one ways it could go South and land him in a jail somewhere or dead in a river. Neither of those were comfortable options. However money spoke, and doubled that bounty would be enough to pay back what he'd been given in advance, which would hopefully keep the spice lords off his tail. He thought about it for a moment. "Speak. I'm losing my patience."

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:59 am
Ljungtroll says...

Tarkin kept the rifle leveled at Sirejj and punched in a code on his comm, murmuring into it. There was a quiet response, then he spoke again. He and the speaker on the committee went back and forth for a few moments, then he sighed and shut it off. "One hundred thousand is the offer," he said.

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 4:03 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

He scoffed. "What happened to your "double"? That would hardly be worth this trouble." That was less than one and a half times his original payment.

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 4:05 am
Ljungtroll says...

"That's the offer I was instructed to bring it down to," Tarkin said grimly. He'd lost him; Palpatine wasn't spending that much for this target. "Either you take it or I find another lylek to help me kill you."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 4:09 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

He didn't like being cornered. "I think...if we do come to an agreement, you'll have to deliver me my payment before you lay a hand on him."

Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster