z

Young Writers Society

The Serpent & the Crow

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:28 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Sakes, lad, I'm not going to hurt you. And have you had double vision or severe headaches?" Her fingers prodded at the bruise gently.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:41 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"N-no, ma'm," he said softly, glancing over to her for the briefest of moments. "A-a-a headache, a-a bit, but n-not ter-terrible." He grimaced at his own stutter, but couldn't do much to stop it.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:44 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'll give you some feverfew for that, then. Anything else bothering you? Gaius said you were quite nervous when he snuck out to see you last night." Sera wrinkled her nose and bent down to open her bag. "Though why he thinks that would be odd when he looks like some demented farmer's ruse half the time, I'll never know."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:55 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((She just says it like it is and ugh she's lovely))

He found himself slowly beginning to relax around the woman. She didn't seem to pose a threat, nor to have any desire to hurt him. Her comment about the Serpent Lord prompted the faintest of chuckles. Most anyone could've had that effect on him, really, but having the man who Sashka had in a cell a week ago only served to make that worse. He didn't know this place or these people or what he was and he didn't know how to get out of this one.

"N-no, 'm, thank you, ma'm," he replied.

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:58 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I need to do a spinoff series about her. It'll be called Taking No Shit: The Life of an Apothecary.)

"Hm." She drew out a small bundle of herbs. "That stutter. Have you always had it or did it come up recently?" Sera rooted back through the bag, searching for something else. "I only ask because I'd rather not have to report you as concussed."

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:07 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((PLEASE))
((You do it and I will be your #1 follower in it))

"It-it's not new," he replied. Not controllable, but not recent. "I-I don't th-th-think it's so bad. B-been hit a lot worse be-before. St-t-tutter notwithstanding." He managed a slight smile, the tension leeching out of his posture.

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(As soon as I finish the other four novels I'm working on I will do it.)

"Good to hear." She plucked out a couple more herbs and sorted through the leaves, picking out several leaves. "This supply should last you about three days. Take one of the feverfew leaves in the mornings for the headache. Take the pointed ones to ward off cold, and this other one is to apply to your cuts and scrapes." Sera took out a damp rag. "Which I will now clean."

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:20 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((big mood))

"Yes, 'm," he said, nodding. He would've sat down to make it a bit easier for her, given his height, but there wasn't exactly a chair. He did bow his head a little, trying to keep her from having to lean up too far. "Thank you, m'am."

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sera dabbed at the wound on his head. "You were one of the Ivan girl's men, then?" Her touch was far gentler than her features would have suggested, and she cleaned the blood away with expert speed.

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:29 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Yes, she...helped me ou-out of a sticky situation," he replied. "But I'm af-afraid I'm not all that good at fighting." There was a hint of rue in his tone, light as it was, and though he didn't meet her eyes, he did seem to be steadying out some.

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:31 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You wouldn't be down here if that were true. Your head would be on a pike with the rest of the guards." She paused. "Or your balls would be off, depending on how much you pissed Gaius off while he was a captive." She moved the rag to the scrapes on his arm.

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:43 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He looked away, unsure how to answer that. She had a point. He rotated his arm so she could better reach them. "I don't know what he wants of me," he said after a few moments, watching as she washed away the blood.

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:46 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I'm gonna hit the hay. Night!)

"It's very likely he wants to figure out how you managed to impale such a large portion of his men on icicles," Sera replied stiffly. "And then use you to impale more men that are not under his employment. That shouldn't be for awhile yet, though. The silly man can't stay in bed for more than an hour."

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:51 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

((Goodnight! I'll see you in the morning :) ))

He looked down, brow furrowing slightly. He couldn't quite remember. But he did recall the blood. There was always so much red. Beast indeed.

"I don't want to hurt people," he confessed, though his words were soft enough to be lost even in the quiet of the cell. "I-I didn't mean to. I don-don't even know how."

he/him/his

115 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, I daresay Gaius will get to the bottom of it before he lets you out of this cell. And, chances are, you'll be hurting people as soon as he thinks he can trust you. That's his way." She finished cleaning the scratches and put away her supplies, then gave him a pitying look. "How old are you, lad?"

she/her

life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae