z

Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu May 19, 2022 8:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"He could be magically animated," Roland suggested. "A golem of some sort. Scarecrows don't run about all by themselves."
"That would mean he takes commands," Jackson pointed out. "And I haven't seen Shingles do anything that suggests he has any orders at all."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu May 19, 2022 8:39 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I...well I've heard some stories about those beings but couldn't tell you anything important about them. Knew someone who was interested in all that is all."
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh?" Roland's eyebrows shot up. "Who?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:44 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Doesn't matter. They're not here anymore." Her tone of voice nor facial expressions changed, but her eyes looked straight ahead into the bleak piles of rocks instead of the horizon or her companions.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ah." Roland looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:51 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

There followed an awkward silence. Rhys wasn't going to be the one to break it either.

115 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 10:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Did he die?" Bug asked eventually.

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Something like that." Avoided Rhys, a bit uncomfortably.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Thay was very rude," Jackson chided. "You can't ask humans things like that, Bug."
"I was just curious," Bug snapped.

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Rhys shifted her eyes and bent down to pick up a stone, acting for a moment interested in it and not on whatever the two of them were talking about.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:25 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well you can't be curious about dead people. It makes them sad."
"It makes us sad too," Bug pointed out. "We still talk about dead people."
"But humans are more sensitive," Jackson emphasized.

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She gritted her teeth and clenched the rock in her fist. "I'm gonna go make sure ragdoll's doing alright." She turned and began to retrace their steps before slipping off into the boulders. Braving the scarecrow alone was better than listen to two a sociopath and a halfwit argue about her personal business.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You'll be lucky to find him!" Jackson called after her. "He moves fast and often disappears for days on end."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:55 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She had no intention of finding him, she'd be glad if she didn't. She was tempted to leave altogether, but she wanted to know what was on that map. She threw the stone and it skittered down the side of a ledge. She'd have to catch up with them later. They couldn't be far from shelter now.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 12:59 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Think she'll come back?" Jackson asked in concern.
"I hope not." Bug walked ahead.

she/her

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien