z

Young Writers Society

Beyond the Darkness

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu May 12, 2022 4:44 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Don't be unrealistic," Tarkin scoffed. "We're in the middle of nowhere and that much money would need to be transferred in cash."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri May 13, 2022 8:40 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Then I guess you will have to wait for your prisoner and hope I don't kill him in the meantime." He knew he was being difficult, but he could easily take his quarry's head and have the money from his original employer in a few days.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 8:51 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Alternatively, I could call in reinforcements from nearby and have this done now." He had no such reinforcements; the nearest rebels were on Tatooine.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 8:55 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Who, that kid?" He laughed. "You're bluffing."
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 8:59 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"I have two superiors based here," he replied. "And they come with two troops each."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:01 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"They couldn't get here in an instant, which is all it would take to take this one's head and hang you up on one of those spikes." The massive vines that wrapped around the trees had thick, pointed thorns, some of which were easily two feet long if not more.

115 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:17 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Certainly. But you haven't done that yet, which makes me think you won't."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I won't unless I need to. We haven't come to an agreement yet."

115 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"How gentlemanly of you." That wouldn't serve him well in the long run, Tarkin expected. "Would you really prefer selling him to your employers over the Rebellion? At least we're actively working to take Dooku down. Whoever is paying you may very well be working for him, or at the very least be paying him to let them continue their business."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"The Empire is no friend to the spice trade. They want control. And I know for certain the people paying me have nothing to do with them." He eyed Tarkin carefully, ready to be done talking to him. The longer they sat there, the higher chance of something happening. "My hatred towards the count and his people is personal; if it wasn't for him I wouldn't care what the empire did to this galaxy. They're not much different than the republic was anyhow." Talking about Dooku had struck a nerve, just a bit.

115 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:37 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Tarkin bristled. "The Republic had its faults, but it's preferable to being ruled by Dooku." He had his own reasons to hate the Empire and the Republic both, but the Empire had tortured him back when they were Separatists and later killed his son. That was more unforgivable than anything the Republic might be guilty of.

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 9:42 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Both are...or were, ruled by greedy old fools who cared nothing for the health and safety of their people." Dathomir, being in the outer rim and secluded, had been virtually unbothered by the Republic or Seperatists until Dooku and Grievous brought their forces there and ravaged the planet. It wasn't done for war either, but as revenge, and retaliation against the Sisters. Anyone who didn't escape after the first wave was simply wiped off the face of the planet

115 Reviews

Fri May 13, 2022 11:39 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, some of those greedy old fools are working to protect the galaxy from the Empire," Tarkin said stiffly.

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"And what a brilliant job they're doing." He growled. He was losing patience.

115 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 12:24 am
Ljungtroll says...

"May I remind you that it is early in our endeavors? I don't see you doing much for the cause, so kindly keep your sarcasm."

she/her

Don't aim at success--the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one's dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself.
— Viktor E. Frankl