The Hand That Mocked Them (Part 2)

95 posts1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"I know men like him. He'd make another homunculus if he went too far and you ended up dead, and men with tempers can never be relied on to not go too far."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
Hieronymus cringed and sank deeper into the cart, covering his ears. "You're lying," he muttered.
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"Why would I lie? If I get caught with you my life is ruined, Hieronymus. Why would I take you out of that man's grasp if I wasn't positive he was a threat to your life?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"You didn't care if I lived or died when we first met," he pointed out.
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"That's clearly changed, hasn't it."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
He shrugged. "I guess."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
Kivvien shook his head and returned his attention to the road.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"I...appreciate your sentiment, sir. But I just...it doesn't feel right."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"What's wrong?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"He's my master. He made me. Whatever you think of him, I'm still loyal to him."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"I understand that, Heironymus, but I can't let him kill you. He doesn't deserve your loyalty."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"But--" He stopped, sighing heavily. "Nevermind. It's pointless to argue."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"I care about your safety, that's all."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"I know." He crossed his arms tightly around himself.
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
He nodded, unsure what else to say.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they



Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.