z

Young Writers Society

Feed me, Seymour. Reviews, that is.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Hey there! After a brief hiatus, I have returned to YWS and am ready to start reviewing again! Here's what you should know before requesting:

1. I will not review a random chapter of a novel unless your book is structured in such a way that each installment can stand on its own (For example, each chapter is a short story or poem).

2. I will not review fanfiction. If you're desperate for a review on it and feel it's quality enough to be enjoyed by someone outside your fandom, message me.

3.I tend to be an extremely harsh reviewer! If I don't like something or think it's poorly written, I will tell you so. However, in cases like that, I will always support my opinion with plenty of constructive criticism and ways I think you can improve. If you want me to sugar- coat a review and be all cuddly, tell me in your request. Otherwise, please don't take offense if I tear your work apart.

Other than what I've specified above, I'll review most anything. However, my specialties are:

-Poetry
-Prose
-Lyrics
-Fiction
-Weird things. Suffice it to say that if you think it's unusual, I'll probably get it.

So, request away!

-Tori :D
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm
View Likes
ImHero says...

I'd be honored to be your first review :)

work.php?id=96570

love you!
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

351 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Done! And possibly the longest review I've ever done... too bad it can only count for 100. XD

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:55 pm
ImHero says...

I call it innovation, you call it juvenile.;p I love some of your improvements, most where suppose to be slang because it was made by ear. But I didn't realize there was a better way to spell them. I changed rhyme scheme because I love doing that in poetry. If the fancy people don't like it, screw them! I like to say my poetry out loud and if it sounds good then I write it down. I didn't understand your punctuation.. That piece is suppose to flow without any stops and punctuation in poetry specifically means stops. Also you didn't quite get my Technic; "A cycle, not a wheel" A wheel moves forward while a cycle does not.

The good: The effort. It was divided among each line then as a whole about everything you could nic pick. It allowed me to read some of the concerns and decide whether I needed something to change. It was harsh and I like that. You didn't spare any feelings which allowed a totally unbiased review. In the end of revising I ended up throwing a whole page of it out and it is significantly better to me now. :pirate3:
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

351 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Glad I could help!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:37 pm
Dradian Far Runes says...

Ooh, unusual, you might like this.

work.php?id=96845

Im thinking of submitting it to a contest, so I just want to get any help you can offer with improving it. :smt001

Thanks. :D

-The Unseen
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star