z

Young Writers Society

Vento Just Chillin Over Here

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:34 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

I'm trying to be more active around the site so I thought I'd drop this thread here. I'm not really interested in anything in return for reviews--it's nice just to have some motivation!

Some guidelines:

I probably won't review works with more than 4-5 reviews already. I usually read previous reviews on top of the work itself so I can sort of build on feedback you've already gotten.

When you make your request, let me know if there's a particular area you want me to focus on. For prose fiction, I'm happy to delve into your world-building, pacing, specific word choice/literary technique/language, characterization, etc. Or you can say dealer's choice and I'll review as I see fit. I'm also happy to work my way through a long list of chapters (up to maybe 20) - but again, probably won't leave reviews on anything with lots of reviews already.

I will review poetry. I'm not so keen on stuff about relationships and breakups, but I'm down for basically anything else. Again, if there's something specific you want looked at, I can do that. I'm especially fond of sonnets... if you happen to write one, I will probably bump it to the top of my list.

I'll do nonfiction too! Here, you will want to give me some background so I know the intent of the work and can tailor my reviews to that end. I will not review nonfiction works without a short background/purpose in your request.

Last point: I can and will do line-by-line reviews. It'll take me some time, but if you're at the point where you really want to dial in your language and choices at that level, the option is open.

Current Goals:

I'm trying for 50 reviews and Team Tortoise this RevMo! I'll accept up to 5 line-edit style reviews this month, but no more than one at a time. Works of any length are okay, but it will take me longer to get through a longer piece.

Let's have a great September!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:34 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

My entire Williwaw could use some love lol You could literally read through 1-20 which all have plenty of reviews.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:37 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Hi! So I was wondering if you could review my entire Purple Stone series? But they all have 4-5 reviews already, but must of them don’t focus on plot, and I was hoping you could focus on plot if that’s okay. Let me know if you can’t cause there are too many reviews already or anything else.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:33 am
View Likes
Lael says...

If you're interested, you are free to review the available parts of my story, The Main Character Syndrome of Aynnhailleah Angel Astrid, as you see fit. :)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:32 pm
View Likes
VengefulReaper says...

If you're interested, you could pick up my WIP The Lie that Saved the World (the title is also WIP...It's becoming too long to type out). The early chapters have quite a few reviews but you'll see that the later ones have fewer reviews. The novel starts at Prologue, then Chapter 0 (written retrospectively), and then the numbering follows as usual.

Any feedback is welcome. There are a few questions I tend to leave at the end of the chapters but answering them is really up to you.

Warning: 18+ for violence

-Reaper

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:52 pm
Shia says...

Hi I was just hoping if you could review for my ongoing series "Storm In Her Eyes ,Peace In His Smile" . It would be really helpful.

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman