z

Young Writers Society

Willard's 'epic' review slamboree

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:26 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

Hello! My name is Willard, and I'd love to review your work!

What I will review!

Poetry. I really, really love to review poetry.

Scripts. Theatre major! Not the best by any means, but it's fun.

On occasion, prose. It truly depends.

What I won't!

Chapters. Although there is a lack of chapter reviewers on this website, it makes sense. A proper review should have somewhat of an understanding of what you're aiming for, and a 300 character 'the grammar's nice! this character's cool!' is not going to do justice for the reviewer or you, the author. I can't really offer more than that, and I'm sorry.

Anything explicit is completely okay.

What are my reviews like?

They're overbearing. For poetry, I usually do line by line then discuss what the poetry is achieving, or try to achieve. They're long, but I really do like talking about poetry to that extent. For other works, if there are grammar issues, I will point them out. But mostly, I address story, theory, and logistics.

My reviews are usually super long. It isn't meant to 'throw it all at you' or be 'negative'. It is a lot of fun to critique and pick apart literature. Literature can be really sexy and it's nice to appreciate that. I am genuinely sorry if it doesn't help you in any way. I try my best, but understandably, we are working with two different opinions and what I recommend can be completely off base.

Anything else?

Please, please, please don't send me points. The points gained from the review and the pleasure I have writing it is more than enough.

So, yeah. Just post a link to your piece below and I'll be happy to get to it.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:48 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Hello!

I've got two poems:

Summer Tranquility

Theatre

The first is rather short and the second is rather long.

I'd love it if you reviewed both, but if you just do one that's totally fine, too. Also, please be as harsh as you like. I love constructive criticism.

Thanks for considering!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:59 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

Going to log that those two are done!

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:59 pm
ChrisCalaid says...

Hi!

I've got one poem, and a short story that needs a review.

Short story
Verex RACH
​Verex RACH

Poem
Broken
Broken

Thank you

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri May 01, 2020 5:32 am
Fishr says...

Hello! My work keeps getting heavily edited by myself so at the moment I need opinions! Please and thank you!

Mon Amour (Part I)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun May 03, 2020 4:41 pm
Hijinks says...

Hello @Willard, I'm not sure if I'm technically allowed to request a review if there's already a review request ahead of me - if that's the case, please forgive me and just ignore this until you're not busy.

But anyway, I really enjoyed how in-depth your other reviews are, so I'd love it if you'd review this poem for me: Lonely Company

Thank you for considering!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:55 pm
LadySpark says...

Literally any of my poems this year, bb <33
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:15 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

what i talk about when i talk about love

um no one wants to touch this pls touch it for me ty
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:32 pm
Fishr says...

Hi!

Rated for Everyone.

I’m not sure if it’s too long.

Scotchtown Plantation, 1775
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos