Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:12 pm
Willard says...

@Nate

It's still doing the Etherpad redirect for me

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:45 pm
Nate says...

Sent @Strange a message already, but in case anyone runs into the same issue, it's a caching problem with Etherpad itself. I just restarted the server to force it to recache, so everything should now be completely resolved.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:44 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

WFP is rejecting my password. I've tried every pass I've used for YWS in the past 6 years.

On the bright side, I guess now would be as good a time as any to tell you that I think Writerfeed Pad is my favorite Ether Pad out there.

Like if it was as heavily publicized as PiratePad or TitanPad, it would blow the competition out of the water.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:13 am
Zolen says...

chat system oddity, when I am typing to someone, and then switch pages, the 'tab' I suppose I should call it, for the person I am typing to will occasionally be dropped down, and the only way I can open it again is if I close it, open a tab for someone I was not typing to, and then click the original persons user name. This is not a long term fix however and any action on the site will result in me having to do it all over again, even if I open a new tab to do things on the site in.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:13 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I clicked on the "Rules/folders" tab in messages, and I got this (only times about a million)

Code: Select all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

In addition, all the pull down boxes and such were cut in half.

Chromebook, whatever the latest release is, about three minutes ago.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:44 pm
Nate says...

@Lumi ->> I apologize for the lateness of my reply! There were several accounts in WFP associated with your name, which was an error and may have been responsible for the problems you experienced. I've deleted the other accounts and resynced the real account so you should be good to go now. If not though, just let me know.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:51 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Nate! It's all good! After all, I'm Lumi. Often imitated, never duplicated. ;D

(So maybe I've been waiting for the chance to make that joke for a few dozen years)
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:44 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey Nate, just wanted to let you know that the Hall of Fame hasn't been updated since February. I'm not sure if it's something that's done automatically or manually, but I just wanted to let you know :-) I've been meaning to say something sooner but forgot lol
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:25 pm
SmokeScreen says...

@Nate
I am new here and my brother told me about this bare on the bottom of the screen that lets me talk to people, and I tried settings and I tried a lot and I still cant find the, who is on line, bare :( pleas help me

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:10 pm
Eternity says...

@SleepyBacon, if you go onto your "Notifications" you can see who is online that you are following. If you would like to talk to people, in general, there are a few ways to do that.

Here is the chat link. Members go on there to talk all the time. chat.php
You can find this by going onto the Forums page and Enter the chat room. Other than that, there is the link.

Two, You can PM, or private message. You can do this by going onto the person you would like to talk to's page and clicking the pm button. Those messages will be sent to their Inbox.

Three, the little bar on the bottom of the page. If you follow these steps, you can get that visible.

Settings > Board Preferences > Chat Bar Visibility

Click Visible and Wella! There should be a bar on the bottom of your screen that says "Chat Now (--)"

-- is just the number of members online chatting.

I hope this helped even a little bit? If not, sorry. Welcome to YWS <3

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:16 pm
Vervain says...

@sleepybacon, you need to do 5 reviews in order to access the chatbar.

However, full chat and private message capabilities, as @Eternity mentioned, are available to you from the start.
stay off the faerie paths

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:20 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

@Lareine, ahh see I never knew that. Interesting. Thank you !

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:59 am
Astronomer says...

Hey Nate! I noticed ReviewStops are back? Is this intentional?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:17 am
View Likes
Mea says...

@Moonwatcher - Yes, actually, it is! We just forgot to publicize it. So go find those ReviewStops!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:33 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Hi @Nate, I'm having trouble getting into WriterFeedPad ... again. :P This time, I'm simply unable to connect to the site. I'm getting "connection timed out" error messages. :(

A couple of other people have noted the same issue from their sides, so I'm thinking this is a sitewide issue?

Thanks.

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee