Young Writers Society

New Domain Name!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:30 pm
Nate says...

The Young Writers Society now has its own domain! The new site is:

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/

Please update your bookmarks accordingly, although you'll be automatically redirected irregardless.

If there's anything missing, do not hesitate to tell me!

And, to let you all know, the new domain is being hosted by iPowerWeb for only $7.95 a month. I get 2000mb and 80gb of bandwith. The previous service was Yahoo for $19.95 a month. I got 4000mb with it, and 75 gb of bandwith. As you can see, iPowerWeb is a much better deal, especially since I only use 5 of those 2000mb. But what made me change was that the customer service at Yahoo was absolutely atrocious. E-mails to customer support went unanswered, and it took thirty minutes on the phone to talk to their customer support. By comparison, e-mails to iPowerWeb are usually answered within the hour (problems solved within three hours at tops), and calls to their customer support only take three minutes. MUCH BETTER! And no, I'm not getting paid to say all this :)
Last edited by Nate on Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:51 pm
Nate says...

There does seem to be a problem with the time though...

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:52 pm
Brian says...

I like it!
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:57 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Nate wrote:There does seem to be a problem with the time though...

Yep according to this website it is 1 am EST even though it's not even 10 yet.

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:11 pm
Nate says...

niteowl wrote:Yep according to this website it is 1 am EST even though it's not even 10 yet.

I think the problem is that the server's time is messed up. I'll have to e-mail the customer support of my hosting service to get it changed, so it should be fixed by noon GMT tomorrow (they're really fast).

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights