z

Young Writers Society

Write for Squills!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Meshugenah says...

If you don't remember/don't know what Squills it, it's the YWS E-zine! Previous issues can be seen here!

If you want to write for Squills, send me an article by January 5th -- yes, January. Feel free to look at old issues for article ideas, and if you think you have one that hasn't been done, but aren't sure if it'd fit Squills, ask!

Also, if you had an article submitted for the last issue (I believe from May), I will be contacting you within a few days at the latest to see if you would like that article to be included in the upcoming issue!

Some possible ideas:
-writing tips
-flash fiction/poetry
-featured poem/story (500 words max, ~20 lines max)
-movie/book reviews
-member interviews
-satire/humor

Happy writing!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

488 Reviews

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 am
Meshugenah says...

Squills is still accepting submissions!

If you're interested and haven't contacted me yet, please do so! We're looking specifically for more writing tips articles, "what makes a good ___" (review, romance, poem, greeter/instructor/mod, etc) articles, and book reviews. Just send me a quick PM with your idea, and have it in by the 5th of January! After that, we will not be accepting any submissions. Any we do get will be considered for the next issue.

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:21 am
Jiggity says...

Can we post said article or review or flash piece? Does it matter if its been posted already?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

488 Reviews

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:35 pm
Meshugenah says...

Flash piece yes; for articles I'm going to say no, but suggest asking a couple of people to read it over before officially submitting. I know it sounds a bit crazy right now, but It's going to be much easier for the next issue!

I <3 Rydia

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:49 pm
JFW1415 says...

*pokes*

well, I submitted mine to Suz months ago, and waited foreeeeeever. Then I decided that it was dead and posted my article in the Knowledge Base. So it's posted online... is that a problem? =/

(And would you like me to write another tips piece? Or is it one per person?)

~JFW1415

488 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:19 am
Meshugenah says...

If you want to write more, write it! Submit it!

I <3 Rydia

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:40 am
Juniper says...

I will try my hardest to submit! I kept meaning to do it, but when I finished my first piece it had turned into a lesson that was way too long. I mean WAYY too long. So now, I'm torn between doing a few different things! I shall have it finished by Monday. I hope.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

To commit myself to actually doing this thing, I am posting to say I will submit something.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:43 pm
Stori says...

Can I post Lutra? The poor otter needs some attention. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic41498.html

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell