Young Writers Society

YWS Radio Program Episode #1, September 30, 4 to 5 EST

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:18 pm
CrystalSorceress says...

The website won't let me listen to the new episode live! :smt089 :cry:

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to do my homework instead of listening. :'(
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.- Theodor S. Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:02 pm
Nate says...

Well... that went... badly.

Ah well, twas fun which is what really matters in the end I suppose. I had quite a few choice words for the software, but couldn't mutter them on the air.

I'm going to take a look into this and find out what went wrong. In any case, expect the next one to be on Sunday, October 7, at 6 pm EDT.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:05 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Gah

What's that British time Nate?

Also, is it supposed to be on every night, or just every week? Is it posponed because of the technical difficulties?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:09 pm
Leja says...

I had quite a few choice words for the software, but couldn't mutter them on the air.

I can imagine, lol. But you get a bajillion virtual cookies for kick-starting everything for future wonderfulness :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:14 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

So it wasn't perfect but it was still awesome to hear everyone! I can't wait until next week.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

425 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:19 pm
Nate says...

GingerLizzy wrote:Gah

What's that British time Nate?

Also, is it supposed to be on every night, or just every week? Is it posponed because of the technical difficulties?

It'll be weekly on Sundays with somewhat varying times over the next few months. For the next three weeks, it'll be 6 pm EDT (which is 11 pm BST, or 10 pm GMT). Doing it at 4 pm my time was too early for me, and I actually would do it at 7 pm, but that would be midnight for British listeners.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Oh dear, you're not gonna go for that British midnight time are you? As I think we Britains are at a disadvantage at the miute with the whole call in thing, so you'll just be adding insult to injury.

At the moment though, are you saying 10pm for us Brits?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

425 Reviews

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:32 pm
Nate says...

GingerLizzy wrote:Oh dear, you're not gonna go for that British midnight time are you? As I think we Britains are at a disadvantage at the miute with the whole call in thing, so you'll just be adding insult to injury.

At the moment though, are you saying 10pm for us Brits?

Going by GMT, yes, it is 10 pm. Check the www.blogtalkradio.com/yws to make sure; it'll give you the time in your local time.

As I stated before, it is possible to call in for free. If you have a microphone or headset attached to your computer, all you have to do is click the "Click to Talk" button.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:36 pm
Rydia says...

Really? That's great news. My laptop has a built in microphone. I might be able to be on air!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:41 pm
bubblewrapped says...

For NZers, that will be 11am. I'm definitely gonna try hooking up my headset next time! :D
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:50 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I was trying to play the thing when it was live but it wasn't working. :( It seems to only work when it's finished for me. Although, could it have anything to do with my being on a Mac at the time?

>.> I think I'll have to look for my headset now.

425 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:10 am
Nate says...

AWritersFantasy wrote:I was trying to play the thing when it was live but it wasn't working. :( It seems to only work when it's finished for me. Although, could it have anything to do with my being on a Mac at the time?

>.> I think I'll have to look for my headset now.

Follow this link to see the FAQ on it on the blog talk radio web site.

According to that, it should work, but try either downloading windows media player or the flip4mac app.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:21 am
Lynlyn says...

Nate wrote:As I stated before, it is possible to call in for free. If you have a microphone or headset attached to your computer, all you have to do is click the "Click to Talk" button.

Nate, has anyone ever seen this elusive "Click to Talk" button? I left the broadcast and reconnected several times looking for it but I didn't see it anywhere, neither on the broadcast's main page nor on the pop-up with the media player.

Anyway, I had fun yelling in the chat room. And you should make more dino noises. It's what the world needs, Nate, I swear.

If all else fails, you could switch to Talkshoe, but unfortunately listeners have to register with Talkshoe to listen to the broadcasts.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:57 am
Meshugenah says...

I haven't seen that elusive button, either, Nate.

Maybe it's only for the host? I made an account, too (listener) and no button.. maybe I'll try a host one?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:59 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Nate wrote:Follow this link to see the FAQ on it on the blog talk radio web site.

According to that, it should work, but try either downloading windows media player or the flip4mac app.

Aaah, okay. I'll have to try it tomorrow.

o.o For some reason I didn't get any notification to you replying to this thread once I posted in it. Same for the other radio thread.

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan