z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:43 am
Nate says...

seeminglymeaningless wrote:Kinda sad that my reviews don't count as reviews (or whatever has happened).
]

Kinda sad? Seemingly, it's obviously a bug. I'll look into it.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

lol, I was moping to Karina, and she said the same thing. I'm just being a pessimist :)

Oh, and I mentioned on your blog, but in case it got lost in all the replies, Chat doesn't work for people who don't have properly functioning sound cards. Is there a version that doesn't require sound?
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:20 pm
Shearwater says...

Time of Incident Past two days
Browser Firefox & Chrome (I've tried both and they produce the same results)
Page Clubs
Describe what happened I've been trying to upload a picture for one of my pages and I keep getting this message:
Access denied for user 'ywsfred_young19'@'localhost' to database 'ywsfred_yws'

I don't understand, what about Fred? Haha, anyways, I've made sure to try both browsers. My picture is under 100kb and is one of the following png/jpg/gif. I even saved the picture three times according to all three file formats and it gave me the same message, so I don't know whats wrong. But seeing the name Fred just cracked me up lol :D
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:56 pm
Gladius says...

Rosey wrote:
Nate wrote:However, I need you to clarify something. When you say the recipient's history, do you mean that you talked to the person and they said they never received it? Also, can you let me know who the recipients were? That'll help me in tracking down the issue.

I can fill this in, as the recipient is me.

I never received the PM, nor did it show up in the message history under the PM as being sent.

That's about it. I also checked the PM history on my end and it didn't show up, nor is it in saved messages or any of the other PM folders/boxes. It pretty much just vanished.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:45 am
Snoink says...

I keep on getting this message when I try to upload a picture for the "Kindle Lovers United!" club I just made:

Code: Select all
Access denied for user 'ywsfred_young19'@'localhost' to database 'ywsfred_yws'

The URL of that page is: page_editor.php

I tried to do this with two pictures with the same result. I'll attach both the pictures.

bezos_kindle.jpg
bezos_kindle.jpg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 414 times

amazon-kindle-books.jpg
amazon-kindle-books.jpg (69.38 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:13 am
JabberHut says...

I've had the same problem as Snoink in both Barbie.com and Writers At Work pages. I've used all three types of files (JPG, GIF, PNG) suggested, and none of them have worked. I've even tried uploading the picture from a flashdrive at a computer lab, haha.
I make my own policies.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm
Apple says...

I got one!

Okay, lately it has been taking very long for me to post and often I get so worked up that I hit the mouse and I end up posting gazillions of things that I had not even intended. But this isn't the big problem - though it is annoying. For some reason, when ever I try to PM someone, I get kicked off YWS. It comes to this little pop up thing and says come back in a few minutes.

This has happened many of times! Maybe everyone else gets it too but it is darn annoying. :D
I spy!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 pm
Snoink says...

Apple>> For your first point! Be patient and only click it once. If it's slow, you clicking it multiple times won't make it faster... it'll just slow down the server a bit more. And, if you do post gazillions of things you haven't intended, bug somebody in green and we'll take it down for you. :)

As far as PMing, could you be a little more specific? Is there an error message of sorts? Maybe you can do a screen shot of the problem?

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:08 am
Light_Devil! says...

Uhhh, I noticed this when I saw the review the first time, but this page is a little bit... weird. I've noticed it around the site a little bit, but I can't remember where. This is an example:

viewtopic.php?t=67914

(Look at the review... for some reason its really weird.)
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 am
Snoink says...

Light_Devil! wrote:Uhhh, I noticed this when I saw the review the first time, but this page is a little bit... weird. I've noticed it around the site a little bit, but I can't remember where. This is an example:

viewtopic.php?t=67914

(Look at the review... for some reason its really weird.)

Fixed it! One of seeming's tags was in the wrong place. :)

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 am
borntobeawriter says...

Hey there,

I recently noticed that one of my stories doesn't appear in my portfolio. I either have to go back in my previous posts to find it or go through another of those related stories and click 'click here for related stories'. Is there something I haven't done right?

Tanya

topic68626.html

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am
borntobeawriter says...

Also, I've been trying to upload a picture to my 'info' page and I can't. I figured maybe it was too big, and I tried with my previous one and it didn't work either. I tried downsizing the one I wanted, that didn't work.

It doesn't give me an error message, it simply goes back to it's previous setting.

Help?

Tanya :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

On the story, I can see it just fine. It's simply stepped away from the edge. Here's what I see:
Screen shot 2010-10-11 at 8.22.31 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-10-11 at 8.22.31 AM.png (91.82 KiB) Viewed 301 times

The story is in line with everything else, but by scanning the side you can't see.

Ans as for uploading pictures, that's been a bug for awhile! Be patient; Nate's pretty busy so doesn't have much time for coding. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm
SilentRain says...

Ok,I didn't read all the posts, so, if this was already asked, sorry for wasting your time... What happened to the spell check??? I NEED IT!!!!

~Rain~
topic68479.html <---- Click here to have your poems reviewed!

Theres always a rainbow after the Rain!!!!!!!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Most browsers have spell-check now, so Nate decided it wasn't needed.

Edit- Here's the post where he explains a bit more.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract