z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:31 am
Iggy says...

I just got a new laptop and everything works fine, except for the chat bar. It has a tendency to kick me out of it, switches back to saying I'm offline when I'm online, closes the "Who's online" tab when I try to look for someone to chat with, closes the chat tab as I'm typing, and just doesn't like me. D:

My laptop is a HP and I'm using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer.

Update: Never mind. I switched to Google Chrome and it works like a charm. x)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:19 pm
Cirute says...

Okay, I'm using Torch browser on a Toshiba laptop. The problem is I have done several reviews in the past week or so and none have been marked as a review. I really don't know what's up, but it's really pissing me off that I can't publish due to not having enough points. All my reviews have been above the minimum of four sentences. Please help!
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:25 am
Iggy says...

@Cirute, you've been marking them as review, right?

On-topic: well, chat bar isn't working for me. It shows up, it will let me click on a name, but it won't actually pop up. Does that make sense? It'll show the chat as a closed conversation, but won't let me open it. At all.

My laptop is a HP with Windows 8 and Google Chrome.
- Lewis Carroll

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:21 pm
Zolen says...

Not been paying attention, but I have only reviewed 10 works, yet every few days when I am not paying attention I am given the min of pointed for a single review and a mark is added to how many reviews I have done. I wondered if it might have been a aspect of the site so mentioned nothing of it, however it seems like I am the only one with more reviews marked then reviews I have actually given.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:31 pm
Cirute says...

Iggy wrote:@Cirute, you've been marking them as review, right?

I just realized that, stupid me! Thanks!
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:51 pm
Iggy says...

@Cirute, if you PM a GM or admin with a list of the reviews that haven't counted towards your review amount, they can change it for you. :3
- Lewis Carroll

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:19 am
Blackwood says...

Something nasty has happened to the writerfeedpad.com for just me it seems. It might have something to do with my location, but whenever I try to access it it takes me to a page about buying a domain.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:12 am
Dragon99 says...

I dunno I just found this odd and decided to throw this up, I created a draft for a story, and then my friend Holmes sent me a donation of 250 to post it, the story automatically posted by itself as soon as I received that donation and it didn't take away my 250 points, I feel so bad I want to donate the 250 points to Nate cause of this stupid glitch won't take my money:( the whole situation is weird...
HP, windows 8, firefox
The Pen Is Mightier Then Dragon Fire

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:47 pm
lostthought says...

Dragon, perhaps it was free lit. day?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:51 pm
Storybraniac says...

Whenever I only save my work, not publish it, people still can read it somehow and then I get these reviews that my work is too short although it isn't. I would really appreciate it if people could not read my works before I publish them.
Our thing progresses
I call and you come through
Blow all my friendships
To sit in hell with you
But we’re the greatest
They’ll hang us in the Louvre
Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.

- Lorde

In my head I do everything right

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:48 pm
Iggy says...

@Blackwood, the WFP bug was fixed, so you can use your WFP now.

@Dragon99 and @Storybraniac, there's a bug in the publishing center that will show your drafts as published, even when it isn't. I think Nate's been trying to fix it, so be patient. :)
- Lewis Carroll

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 am
FatCowsSis says...

So I'm using a laptop running with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. This hasn't always been a problem, but now whenever I try to copy and paste something from Microsoft Office Word 2007, it flashes into the Publishing Center then vanishes and never shows back up. Is this normal?
-Sis
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 am
Zolen says...

I was ignored....okay then

Note the 10, the number of reviews I have actually made, and the 23, the number its claiming I have done.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:44 am
crossroads says...

Zolen wrote:I was ignored....okay then

Note the 10, the number of reviews I have actually made, and the 23, the number it's claiming I have done.

That's interesting, are you sure you only did 10 of those? It might be counting comments as well, which don't show in the Reviews tab..
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:15 pm
niteowl says...

@Zolen, I think that bug applies to everyone. I'm not really sure about how the review counter works, to be honest. On mine the Reviews tab shows 715 reviews, but the bubble says 780. The "All Time" leaderboard says 713 for me (I checked yours, it says 10). I have 99 "literary comments", so including all comments would make the total 814, not 780. Perhaps the bubble counter counts comments if they're long enough to be a review? Not really sure, but I'm curious now.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster