Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:12 pm
Auxiira says...

Thanks again Nate! Love ya!
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 am
Hannah says...

There may be another problem hidden somewhere, because it's down again. Confirmed by my love Elinor Brynn and the Sparktacular SparkOfDoubt.

Spark and I are using Chrome.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:45 pm
StoneHeart says...

Okay feel free to ignore this comment:

I'm just noting that the problem Louis mentioned a little while ago is still bugging me. The one with the 'General Error' message.

It doesn't happen a lot, but I just thought to note it again . . .
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:34 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I think I may have found the problem with WFP.

Over the past couple weeks, the YWS server has experienced momentary spikes in incoming traffic. These spikes last for no more than a couple minutes and are usually about ten times the volume of traffic the server usually gets. It's quite clear that it's not caused by human beings, but I'm not quite sure what is behind it. Anyways, the YWS server has more than enough ample capacity to easily handle it without any problem.

I don't monitor the WFP server nearly as closely so until today, I never checked to see if it was suffering the same issue. Sure enough, it is, which is odd to say the least. And since the WFP server is many times less powerful than the YWS server, it can't cope.

Anyhow, I'm going to set up Cloudflare to work on WFP. If the traffic is malicious, then Cloudflare is supposed to block that kind of stuff. If, on the other hand, it is legitimate traffic, then I guess I'm about to find out.

67 Reviews

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 am
Auxiira says...

Wow, that seems... weird. Thanks again, Nate!

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

67 Reviews

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:37 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Hi again...
I was just wondering whether the hashtags were working properly. Because I've put three #randomenter ones on different walls, including my own, and only one of them is coming up, whichever one I click on.
I've tried on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. I have no idea what the school computer's operating system is, but Windows Vista for Chrome and whatever iPod is for Safari.

67 Reviews

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:26 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I think that this is only with this one work, but it's really weird.

entanglement

Persy's lovely poem page has come out all wonky. I asked @ShadowVyper about it too, and she says the same.

Windows Vista, Chrome / Chrome for Shade too

425 Reviews

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 pm
Nate says...

Thanks Auxiira for pointing that out. It looks like what happened is that there's an extra tag somewhere (probably a </div>), which is definitely a bug I need to address.

Also thank you for all the bug reports! Keep 'em coming.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm
Lumi says...

W7, Chrome, updates compliant.
6:05pm EST 9/26/2013
YWS/People/My Profile

The banner image compresses approximately 30px horizontally when switching from the WALL tab to any other tab on the profile, leaving a white space of the natural header in its place.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

67 Reviews

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:02 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I've only tried this on the school computers, but here we go:

The chatbar doesn't work when you're writing a new blog post. It shows how many people are on, but when you click on the "who's online", you just get a white box. You can't access any previously started chats, either, and you don't get told when someone sends you a message.

I've tried this on three different days at different times, and it always shows up the same.
Firefox and IE, no idea what operating system (not for lack of searching)

edit: now tried at home, Windows Vista, Chromen still not working
Last edited by Auxiira on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:57 am
Caesar says...

seconding this on safari and chrome

Edit: it actually works on this computer, I can speak to people/visualize the chat

Edit edit: it works on my mac too. Clearly I am stupid.
Last edited by Caesar on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:07 pm
StefanosVorkas says...

I am having issues with the chat room. It shows no one is connected to the chatroom, and when I click the button to open the chatroom all I get is a white flash screen inside the chatroom screen, simillar to what happened a few days ago which required the use of the back-up chatrooms

425 Reviews

Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:57 am
Nate says...

The hosting provider for the chatroom, 123FlashChat, is apparently experiencing some issues. I've emailed them asking for more details, but haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure when it'll be back up.

Edit

Fortunately, they were pretty prompt about fixing the issue.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:21 am
niteowl says...

Okay, so I feel bad about making this a bug report since I'm thinking it's not the site that's the issue, but I figured I'd see if this happened to anyone else.

Ever since I upgraded my phone to iOS 7, the "Remember me" function doesn't seem to work on it. I log on, leave the site for a few minutes, come back, and I have to sign in again.

It was completely normal before that, and desktops/laptops work fine. I know you've said we can't expect everything to work the same on phones, but it's pretty obnoxious and makes me want to log on less.

I checked the cookie settings and changed them to "never block" and it didn't work. Is there some other setting I should change? And has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:31 am
Nate says...

I looked around a little bit, but couldn't find anything about cookie problems with Safari on iOS 7, so it's probably either YWS that's causing the issue or there's something on your phone that's causing the issue (possibly an app conflict).

The only helpful (possibly) info I could find relates to the last iOS update from over a year ago:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 4536327287

I also double checked the cookie settings on YWS, and it looks like they're good. So, I think it might have to do with an app conflict. At the very least, even if remember me isn't checked, you should remain logged in for at least 30 minutes unless you log out or close the browser.

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn