z

Young Writers Society

Ctrl+Z (Undo) now works in all browsers...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Well, ctrl+z (undo) now works in all browsers. This has been a longstanding bug, but I finally traced the problem down to (of all things) the character counter.

I have no clue why the character counter was causing ctrl+z to not work in IE, Chrome, and Safari. Nonetheless, the two were conflicting. And given the choice between one or the other, I much rather have the ability to undo rather than have a character counter.

In the process of doing this, I also made some changes to the autosave feature, which is what I originally thought was causing the issue. From now on, posts will only autosave every 15 seconds rather than every time you type a character. This should help reduce some server load.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Aha! I wondered why the character counter wasn't there anymore. You removed it as I was typing in a massive post. When I hit preview and saw the character counter gone, I thought my post was so long it'd broken it. :P

Awesome to the Ctrl Z. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:41 am
Jenthura says...

Yes! This has nothing to do with my complaint, does it? ;)
-ж-Ж-ж-

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Jenthura wrote:Yes! This has nothing to do with my complaint, does it? ;)

Due to you and one other person! Before you wrote up the bug report, I had no idea the bug even existed.

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh