z

Young Writers Society

Chat Rooms A & B

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm
Nate says...

Hey all,

I just created two new rooms in the chat: A & B. These are first come, first serve, and feel free to use them for anything. However, these will only last for as long as people respect the rules. Also, if another group has already taken a chat room, please respect their right to that room. At the same time, please don't stay in the room too long (especially if both A & B are full and others are waiting).

I look forward to these being used creatively!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:45 pm
Rydia says...

That sounds like good fun! Maybe I'll use one of them to try out Cluedo, I keep meaning to give that a go and it would be good to know that I'm not disrupting normal chat at the same time :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Perhaps we can use one for editing, or writing help? I've seen this happen in Chat a lot where somebody comes in and they want help on their writing, but since there are usually a few conversations going in Chat it can be hard to completely help them. Especially if more than one person is helping (if there is only one person then it goes to private chats).

Also, sometimes group reviews can come into play. One could be used for that. Or they could be used for the same thing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:10 pm
Nate says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Perhaps we can use one for editing, or writing help? I've seen this happen in Chat a lot where somebody comes in and they want help on their writing, but since there are usually a few conversations going in Chat it can be hard to completely help them. Especially if more than one person is helping (if there is only one person then it goes to private chats).

Also, sometimes group reviews can come into play. One could be used for that. Or they could be used for the same thing.

All excellent ideas :P

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:10 am
lilymoore says...

Another idea, and this was something I wanted to mention to Mesh back when I was sort of helping her with the YWS book club (though it didn't really work out). But they would be a great way to discuss books in that type of format as opposed to the forum post formats that the discussions are usually held in.

Anyway, wonderful addition to the chat Nate. :D
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg