In the name of Wicca
flying free to you.
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 pm
AdamBH says...

Go Wicca! hahaha. I'm not a wiccan but I was for a short while and I still have a great love and respect for it and kudos for being so brave to post something Wiccan on a site with sooooooooooo many Christians who might judge you.

Anyway, on with the review :p. I liked the poem, it's very nice as a chant as you call it, but it didn't seem to be so much of a poem as a chant - I mean it didn't have metaphors or so much of a message or too much imagery or anything, but you did say it was a chant, so don't feel like you have to then go and include those.

As for rhythm, that is one thing that does certainly apply to a chant. It wasn't consistent, but it didn't break rhythm at systematic points, it just seemed a little all over the place reading it. Try to find other words and make sure the syllable counts and stresses form a consistent pattern, and break the rules if you want to, but have enough occasions where you do follow a rule so that you can break it.

Nice poem! Keep writing!

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 pm
Maki-Chan says...

thank you :)

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:27 pm
Maki-Chan says...

thank you for the response. Lol it probably doesn't make much sense. It is the protection chant for those who I allow to read my BOS. So no harm will come to them if anyone finds them with my BOS.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:02 am
GeeLyria says...

Hi there Maki-Chan

Eh... I don't believe in wicca. o.o Actually, I don't know much about it. But the first two lines made me smile, I didn't know what the poem was about. But you don't care about that. Lol.

Okay, about the poem! Yes. The fact that the fifth and sixth lines end with a 'thee' it's kind of distracting. It makes it sound repetitive and least creative, which is a lie. I'd manage to change one of the lines in a neat way. Other than that, I've got nothing to say. :)

Keep it up!

~Solly<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor